Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 04:16:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need your help PLEASE  (Read 6824 times)
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 04:22:24 pm »

Done best of luck

Bring on the low flyers
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 04:05:05 pm »

My son, Patrick called late last night and said he had been eliminated in the second round.  Out of all the games he has played, he had played that particular game only four to five hours in the past.  It was just a bad "luck of draw" to get that particular game.  Ironically, the remaining three guys will be playing a game today that Patrick knows well and plays at a very competitive level, but they don't know how to play it.  So last night, he was coaching all three on how to play the game that they will be competing on today.  He was disappointed, but said he was having a blast.
Now for the good news, Thanks to all of you, Patrick received the highest number of votes, over 15,000!!!!!!  He wanted us to tell everyone a big THANK YOU.  He couldn't believe so many people cared about him in this competition. The judges said that they were blown away on how many more votes he received compared to the others.   I believe he won the "Mr. Congenialtiy Contest" part of this event and that makes me very proud of him.
Again, I want to thank you for spending your time to help Patrick in this quest.  This has been a highlight in his life to be selected and participate at this level.
See you guys in June!!!!!!!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 04:18:21 pm »

Commiserations to Patrick Sad,  but hey, over 15000 votes, excellent  Grin

Is it an annual competition?
Can he enter again next year?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 04:19:51 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 06:48:37 pm »

He is scheduled to graduate (and find a real job) at the end of summer.  I don't know about an annual event but it was open only to college and university students.  Maybe other opportunities will open up from this.  It certainly was good exposure and I would think lots of folks in the gaming industry are looking for good talent.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2005, 08:18:55 pm »

It certainly was good exposure and I would think lots of folks in the gaming industry are looking for good talent.

Hi John, congratulations to the lad!
I hope he finds some decent talent once he goes on the game. I'd love to accompany him, but personal circumstances would preclude me giving absolutely 100%.

Way to go, Patrick!

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 05:36:00 am »

Hi John Congrats to Patrick He will have been noticed.
Race Fans make great friends.
Canada Phil
see you in France
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 02:29:14 am »

Follow Up

On the website below is the entire set of interviews with each of the 5 Best Gamer on Campus finalists plus excerpts of the competition itself.  It does take a high speed connection for these videos.  Scroll down to close to the bottom of the page for Patricks interview.
I had promised each of you to keep you up to date on any information that had come from this.  You and others who voted for him helped him get the most votes, over 15,000 and allowed him an automatic advance to the 2nd round.  Unfortunately, the game they played was not one he had not played more than a couple of hours in his life and he was eliminated.  Even more unfortunate is the round 3 game, Splinter Cell is one Patrick is very good at and he actually was coaching the 3 left on how to play it.  He did say he had a great time in NY and really appreciated your support.
Thanks again
John

http://www.mtvu.com/contests/best_gamer_on_campus/2005/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: