Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 07:22:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travelling across the channel...  (Read 11513 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 04:22:23 pm »

have you booked into the Montegue arms gilles?

That's probably walking distance for you isn't it Peter??
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 04:31:39 pm »

brittany ferries crossing booked

arrival at pompey 13.45

so I have plenty of time to join Beaulieu in the afternoon.

Mobile phone number for invitations: 00 33 623 49 18 38

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2005, 05:37:10 pm »

Tuesday...I might be free - bit of a trek to there I think, but let me know what's occurring and I'll see if I can get along
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2005, 07:18:07 pm »

Gilles i am working near the New Forest  all next week so will happliy pop by to say hello.

The Navy Dockyard is a goodplace to visit, but you need a half day, so i think you maybe out of time.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2005, 07:53:46 pm »

Gilles, couple of points, if you are looking for interesting places to visit in Beaulieu then the car museum is an obviuos choice.  Also while you are there look out for the "spy" training school.  During the war SOE agents were trained in the grounds before going to france.  In addition one of the montegue boys was the brains behind one of the great subtefuges during the war duping the germans into where the second front would be launched.

The Monteque Arms is part of the Beaulieu estate which belongs to Lord Monteque, you can always recognise their bits as it has three red diamonds.

A film was made but for the life of me i can't think what is was called.  dah.  Its come to me " the man who never was"

If you are interested in old naval history then Buckelers Hard is a great place to visit.  The RN ships of the line were built here, the workers cottages are still in use and the museum is definitley worth a visit.  Good pub plus hotel and restaurant.

If the forest is to far to get to, ie Smokie etc, how about somewhere half way, i can pick up Gilles.  Any thoughts guys?  Peter
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 03:28:54 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2005, 10:41:00 pm »

Gille's if you make it up to Brooklands I would be pleased to meet up with you and how you around (member for 6 years), huge amount of history there, from the begining of the race track(the musium is the (nearly) oringinal sheds), a replica Wright Bros plane, through to the 2nd WW, the Brooklands club house was Barnes Wallices design office (bouncing Bomb prototypes in the hangar), the R for Robert Wellington recoverd from Lock Ness + a Harrier sporting bomb carriers made by yours truly and a scale model of the circuit which includes a model of my Nans house! + more more more.
Not sure whats going on at Goodwood apart from possible driver training or at best a trackday, probably a 4hr driving diversion route from New froest (come over Sept 16 -17-18 for the Revial meeting - theres an idea for a CA meeting?Huh??)
by the look of your sched it may be Thursday before you get there - let me know.
Cheers
Ian
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2005, 12:50:51 am »

btw if you are driving, www.speedferries.com have just announced another Buy one, Get One Free offer on return tickets. That means you could come back later in the year too (for Goodwood?)
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005, 11:24:35 pm »

Giiles

we have a plan!!!

So far Smokie & JPChenet are available on tuesday evening for dinner.  We are just sorting out the logistics, in essence, I will come and collect you Tuesday evening and take you to the Basingstoke/Alton area.  

Smokie will be putting out a general invite.  Times and Venue to be confirmed tomorrow.

Look forward to seeing you Tuesday.

Peter
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2005, 11:24:03 am »

It was exactly the sort of social events I hoped by posting my venue across the Channel this week.

I gonna see most of you tomorrow evening.

BTW I'll have no Internet access from now till next monday.

Keep in touch by mobile phone 00 33 623 491 838  Shocked

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: