Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 07:22:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Area  (Read 4058 times)
Matra
CA Veteran

Boomshanka!

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2005, 04:40:47 pm »

Hi folks!

After checking the ACO website, I noticed they were flogging 20 Euro tickets to the "Welcome Area" which gives access to a restaurant (Hopefully with a clean bog) and more importantly an extra track viewing area.

Has anyone ever tried this out? Is it worth it? Can you pay to get in on the day (similar to the general admission ticket) or do you have to pay in advance and get the tickets mailed out?  Huh

Many thanks in advance
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 05:52:22 pm »

Hi folks!

After checking the ACO website, I noticed they were flogging 20 Euro tickets to the "Welcome Area" which gives access to a restaurant (Hopefully with a clean bog) and more importantly an extra track viewing area.

Has anyone ever tried this out? Is it worth it? Can you pay to get in on the day (similar to the general admission ticket) or do you have to pay in advance and get the tickets mailed out?  Huh

Many thanks in advance

Hi Matra,

There has been some comment on this board before about the Welcome Area, see http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2241;start=0 for example.

If you have ACO membership alone it gives you access to the other Welcome Area at the back of the village and, I believe, access to the viewing area and restaurant trackside just after the end of the pit exit, although I haven't used the restaurant itself - only the bar, so I could be wrong.

There seems to be some confusion as to whether the viewing platform is still accessible.

Anyone else like to comment?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 05:56:48 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:35:23 pm »

THe trackside Welcome area is available, after 6.00pm Saturday, to anyone with one of the main tribune tickets.  This also gives access to the ACO tower next to the pit lane exit, which provides a fantastic view down the pit straight and round to the Dunlop Bridge Chicane.  

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 09:10:20 pm »

We go in every year, buy the tickets from the ACO office next to the entrance on the day :

For the cash you get :

waiter service for drinks at the side of the track, you get a table and umbrella as well
restaurant - you need to book I think
clean bogs
good view of the track , not too cramped
short walk to champagne bar

well worth the cash, you only buy one ticket for the whole weekend

Jem
Matra
CA Veteran

Boomshanka!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 01:11:59 pm »

Cheers for the help everyone  Wink

I guess I'll wait til June and buy one if I feel it is worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: