Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 09:22:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I do you a favor?  (Read 15753 times)
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 09:19:31 am »

Hi Paddy
As you can see I am fairly new on here, though first went to Le mans in 1988. I am camping at Beausejour this year with 5 others, would very much appreciate a picture of the site.

Cheers

Whitey

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 11:54:50 am »

That's an easy one, Whitey>>

I will take a picture of the works between BSJ and the track though for those interested.

And Perdu, yes, got a small PhD-feeling from it (should have known better) Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 10:21:18 pm »

Paddy, pictures of MB would be good, it'll be our first time on there this year (thanks to Robbo for the ticket) - we'll be there early and need some pointers on where to set up Chateau Piglet.   Grin

Cheers!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 01:24:41 am »

Just scrolling back a bit - I am a bit worried about the mention of a crustry dried up slug infested with maggots..........can we just clarify that its trayboy's wanking sock you are describing............ not his actually err..........."appendage"??

Undecided
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 03:15:06 am »

Howdy Folks! Grin

Finally got to it, even though it was quite a drive. Drove 811 kms today, that's what you get when your parents live near the wrong circuit (Magny Cours, less than an hours' drive).
But ofcourse I was looking for this one>>

Getting to the circuit is still a kind of special, like the way it should be I suppose.

First I bumped into RoadWorks between Mulsanne and Arnage, but it only looked like a new road surface being put down, so nothing serious>>

Trying to look for left-behind-BBQ's, wanking soks and packets of fags I only seem to bump into strange piles of wasted wood on most camping sites. They all looked like previous pallets to me, waiting for some Bonfire or something. They appeared on Houx Annexe>>

and on Houx>>

and on Karting Nord>>

and on Parking Bleu>>

Then I got to Beausejour, nothing special over there>>

except for last year's bump between BSJ & PorscheCurve, the bump has been converted to local people's gardening land. Absolutely no way of repeating last years' trick, it's all surrounded by fencing aswell>>

Then it was on to the Gate. No way of getting near the new fencing of the Ford Chicane. All was fenced off by barbed wire, no good to try and climb Sad

Most of these pictures have been taken from the roofrack of my van, so you know the height of the camera.

Then ofcourse it was onto Maison Blanche, but the gate was shut. So no van onto the campingsite, no small scaffolding on top of the van to see what the effect of 4 metres would be...

But I got track side though! Cool

I hope this was the picture jpchenet was looking for>>

and I thought this would be a nice spot for Drinking for Holland>>

I have more pictures, but cannot download them all now. Can send you by mail if needed though. Remaining pictures left are all from Maison Blanche, all other sites showed no activities as for works whatsoever.

Hope this is of any use to those interested...
Cheers, Patrick

Drinking for Holland
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 06:06:31 am »

Patrick - First of all, well done - a great service to all the team planners at CA !

It looks like they have shaved a few metres off the bank end where you are thinking of going (our old spot!! Wink Cheesy).There used to be a bit of armco there at the base of the bank by the support track that joins the circuit, so it is a bit more open than I remember. Your second to last photo has corrupted a bit so it's hard to see...I don't follow where this was taken - is it further down the campsite (away from the grandstand)?

If they have cut some bank off, I assume it's for a reason - maybe they are going to build something there? Difficult to assess and the angles look a bit odd without any campers there!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 01:34:48 pm »

I saw those photo's and thought I'd forgotton more than the clocks going forwards!

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 01:40:34 pm »

Great photos Paddy, you've actually managed to take a picture of our pitch on Houx last year.

The only confusing thing is the grass on Houx, its normally a dust bowl.

If you have any more I'd like to see them.

Jem
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 02:08:07 pm »

I've just had another look - I think I'm a bit confused - this spot must be down past the golden triangle (bog block triangle) - more where the LM Transport et al lot go? Smokie - do you know where I mean - is it where I normally pitch or somewhere else down the other end? Huh Grin Undecided Thanks

Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 02:22:52 pm »

Trying to look for left-behind-BBQ's, wanking soks and packets of fags I only seem to bump into strange piles of wasted wood on most camping sites. They all looked like previous pallets to me, waiting for some Bonfire or something.

Hmm, that explains why we always seem to have to pitch our tent on an old bloody bonfire site  Huh Damn ash makes a real mess.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 08:34:56 pm »

I've just had another look - I think I'm a bit confused - this spot must be down past the golden triangle (bog block triangle) - more where the LM Transport et al lot go? Smokie - do you know where I mean - is it where I normally pitch or somewhere else down the other end? Huh Grin Undecided Thanks

I'd say you were right first time about the last two pics - they are very close to where you were last year. The bank does look like it's had a shave! I don't think there are any gates onto the circuit further down where LMT goes...
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 09:24:53 pm »

Hmmmm....the thing is that I've never seen that "doughnut" shaped MB track bit in the grass before - iy just looks like a different exit...compared to this

* barons-new-friend.jpg (34.17 KB, 425x319 - viewed 294 times.)

Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2005, 09:27:15 pm »

Just a thought - is this further up toward the grandstand - have they caut a bit out the treeline up towards "The Country Club"/JPC et al? Yours still confused.... Roll Eyes

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 01:08:43 am »

Paddy's doesn't have the temporary fencing...so in your pic the doughnut is between the two bits of fencing.

I could be wrong though...
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 04:34:31 am »

Just got home here in Holland, bit later than expected Sad

Tomorrow afternoon I will be at Lan Lammers' place for a small visit with the guys, so expect the rest of the pics somewhere Wednesday. I'll also scan my drawing of how I found MB.
Better catch some sleep first Undecided

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: