Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 09:29:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellow Bird laps around Nurburgring  (Read 11148 times)
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2005, 02:25:02 pm »

As the racing season is about to begin "Sebring" for us guys in the US, I thought you folks might like a little warm up with this little "yellar Porch" lapping around the countryside in Germany.  Oh, by the way, if you didn't catch my posting about a GT3R lapping Sebring, go to the Sebring thread and enjoy.

http://www.benhex.com/movies/lap1.wmv
http://www.benhex.com/movies/lap2.wmv

See you guys at the races!!!!
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 11:17:46 pm »

Here is a website with great fast lap videos.  I especially like the Hans Stuck drive of the BMW GT3R around Nurburgring.  Hold on to your hats boys and girls, this guy is driving for sure.
http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/album/view/14/free-racing-videos/race-track-videos.html
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 12:23:11 am »

well thats my pc left on tonight downloading!  Grin

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:45:01 am »

I'm in Frankfurt right now and was going to drop by the Nurburgring on my way back tomorrow. However the web site says it's closed for road works...
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 03:56:03 pm »

Jesus-h-mainlining-Christ!!!
My left leg was knackered after watching that! I just wouldn't have believed that a hire car could go so fast.
Clarkson (famed for his itchy anus), went round in 10 minutes dead in a Diesel Jag, after a bit of coaching. It looked a bit pedestrian I thought. This guy could have given him nearly two minutes start!
Have any guys (or gals) here been around this place? - what in, and what time?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 05:16:55 pm »

Jesus-h-mainlining-Christ!!!
My left leg was knackered after watching that! I just wouldn't have believed that a hire car could go so fast.
Clarkson (famed for his itchy anus), went round in 10 minutes dead in a Diesel Jag, after a bit of coaching. It looked a bit pedestrian I thought. This guy could have given him nearly two minutes start!
Have any guys (or gals) here been around this place? - what in, and what time?
H

i will be in july as a combined 24 hrs at spa and a thrash at mecca - aniversary/christmas/birthday present - better than a shag

or may be not

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 05:53:21 pm »

What are you going to drive around in?

The 911 looked great, but I'd imagine it would be a whole different brown pants story in the wet. Great footage though. The Elise chasing the Vette is also worth a look, my money would have been on the little green thing.

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 09:33:41 pm »

I'm in Frankfurt right now and was going to drop by the Nurburgring on my way back tomorrow. However the web site says it's closed for road works...

Frankfurt ?? Frankfurt ?? What Frankfurt ? I'm bloody speechless... I only see this tonight. Is that Frankfurt/Main (the river) or Frankfurt/Oder (the river) ? If that's Frankfurt/Main (the river) then I need to get serious, young man !!! You foul missed a beer or ten.
I'm afraid, the Ring is closed because of snow at the moment. No, that's not THE ten inches but some proper escimo conditions. The weather makes it impossible to let cars on the track. They planned to resurvace some parts of the Nordschleife by this time before the VLN (the german gt championship, not dtm) get's into pace. That seems to be in danger now due to the very low temperatures. As I understand they already moved the VLN test day to a later date. However, the Ring 24 Hours are in May, 7th-8th... and the LM King of Wang will drive a BMW M3 there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 09:41:30 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 06:50:51 am »

...You foul missed a beer or ten.

HGB, I think Smokie snuck in and out of Germany in order to preserve the state of his liver, he will be giving it a real workout over the next few weeks Grin
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 05:42:01 pm »

Mate of mine is going round in just over 9mins in his 205GTI trackday car.

powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 06:01:29 pm »

I went around in the Transam with my mate in his Vette back in September.Amazing circuit,a place that you would need 100 laps to learn.Fantastic experience and one that I hope to do again this september.
check out
http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/
http://www.nurburgring.be/
http://213.239.207.198/nuerburgring.de/index.php?id=186&L=0
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 06:06:24 pm »

But what time did you do PM??
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 06:15:10 pm »

Virtually any in-car footage I've seen of the ring (oi-oi!), has included the passing of at least a car or two, stationary at the side of the track, and usually not seen in enough detail to make a guess at what's happened. Now I doubt that they have stopped for a call of nature (unless of course it was a particulary urgent and uninvited big old number 2), they could be postal workers rolling a corpse filled carpet over the barrier and into the woods I suppose. Or, of course, they've smashed it, in which case the man running the local recovery and scrap business must be very wealthy indeed. Smoking huge cigars and taking holidays in the Caribbean.
I'll bet the safety guys, if there are any, have some stories to tell...

powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 09:26:25 pm »

I had one lap and Griff had one lap and we were both shi**ting ourselves.He was cra@@ing cos of my crap driving and I was cra@@ing cos he was driving my car,which had just 1000 miles on a new engine and gearbox and I had finished assembling it a couple of days before we went.
Its impossible to do a fast lap with no experience of the place plus we had 600 miles to drive home.so I didnt want to end up on the back of an RAC truck all the way back.In an ideal world you would tow a quick little car over and trash the nuts off it without worrying about breaking it.

* Transam_at_the_ring.jpg (23.27 KB, 400x300 - viewed 335 times.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 09:27:40 pm by powermite » Logged
Fax
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 09:52:02 pm »

Tell you what's amazing about the Ring, Chris Amon has always claimed they ruined it when they did the multi-million dollar facelift in 1970.  Prior to that the hedges and trees came right out to the edge of the tarmac with no barriers and run-off at all.  They also took out many of the jumps.  They spent a hell of alot of money for the GP to only stay there another six years.  Super Rat's shunt pretty much put the kabosh on it as a GP venue.  Never quite understood why it was deemed too dangerous as an F1 venue but hosted F2, F3 and Group C until the mid-eighties.
Fax
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: