Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 01:21:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aston Martin Sebring News  (Read 2171 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2005, 12:08:00 am »

Hi,

A few days ago, I sent the  e mail below, to Aston Martin Racing.

Hello,

I am writing because a large number of British based Club Arnage members (www.clubarnage) are travelling over to the Sebring for the 12 Hours in March. Some of us are regulars at the race, but the return of Aston Martin has provided the catalyst for many of the English race fans to make their first journey to Sebring. Having a British car built by a British company has really fired up our enthusiasm.  

We have already got a war of friendly banter going on between the Brits and the Americans, regarding the Aston DBR9 verses Corvette C6R battle.

I have been searching the internet trying to find Aston Martin flags, so that we can fly them proudly at Sebring to show our allegiance, and counter all the Corvette flags.

Please can you tell me if you are aware of a source that may sell Aston Martin flags or if there are any plans to sell flags and other Aston Martin Racing items at Sebring.

I am personally going run off a few T shirts on my PC so that I can show my support for the Aston Martin team, and can finalise my design now that the driver line up has been announced.  

Has the team been issued with race numbers for the two cars yet, for Sebring ?

Also, I would like to make an open invitation for the Aston Martin team/ drivers to feel free to drop by our camp site, where all the English fans will be camped with some of our American members. You will be made most welcome if you fancy a break between the action.

We will be camped together in a large area behind the big black ALMS merchandise tent, with a big blue and white “Club Arnage” banner displayed over the camp site, along with many flags including England, USA, Canada, Union Jack, etc.

Glad to see the testing is going well and best of luck at Sebring.

Yours Faithfully,

Chris Clark

Preston,

Lancashire.

Below is the reply I had back from the team today.

Dear Chris

Our merchandise is not available yet but it will be ready in time for Sebring - please keep an eye on our website www.astonmartinracing.com for news on when the store will be opening.

The numbers of the cars for Sebring are 57 and 58.

Thanks for the invitation, I will let the boys know!

Kind regards

Shanna
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 12:11:37 am by Chris24 » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 12:24:44 am »

Regarding Aston Martin, Sebring and Club Arnage, I have produced a t shirt design which has on the front the CA logo at the top, (supporting ) Aston Martin Racing (with big green wings logo) and then a great picture of the car.

I have designed these to be printed out on a inkjet printer onto transfer film so they can be ironed onto a t shirt. There is an option of a A4 size front print and an A4 size back print, or a three sheet option which has a bigger car design and also has another CA logo and Aston logo, which could then be cut off the sheet and ironed onto the t shirt sleeves.

The back print has the Aston logo and Aston Martin Racing at the top, with a Union Jack next to it.
Below is a picture of the car and drivers. And at the bottom of the design I have listed the driver line up alongside their respective National flag.

Unfortunately, at present the finished designs are on my Dads PC and not on my own, but once I have transferred them to my PC, I will post the designs on here.

Does anyone have an online area where the full size printable designs could be uploaded to, where every member would have access to down load them from ?

Asda sells packs of two good quality plain white T Shirts for £3.50p. The transfer paper can be bought from computer fairs for around £4 for 5 sheets.

It would look real cool if Club Arnage members had their own CA / Aston T Shirts at Sebring and Le Mans.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 01:37:17 am »

Well done

How big are the files Chris?
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 02:56:19 am »

Not sure, but I think the largest is probably about 600 KB
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 02:37:57 pm »

Email them over to me Chris and I'll host them!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: