Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 11:24:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greedy People on e$$$  (Read 7510 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »

I have been spending a bit of time on e*** this week as we try sell some childrens clothes before my attic falls down.

So I have also been looking at the Le Mans listing as well in the hope of picking up some TWR overalls like Ricks, only smaller.

What do I find, people selling Basejour tickets for £60 quid with bids on them & General admisson tickets for £50!!

WTF is wrong with people, the ACO have stacks of the things, I think even just tickets have some BJ camping left.

btw, is anyone needs some kids (girls) clothes ages 12 months - 3 years drop me a PM.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 03:29:06 pm by smokie » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:36:27 pm »

These listings are actually against eBay rules. I once had an auction for some spare Stones tickets withdrawn because I didn't have the tickets in my possession. There is some rule about goods for sale must be in the sellers possession at the time of sale (or within a specified short period).

eBay seem notoriously hard to communicate with, but I am sure there must be a Report an Auction link somewhere...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 04:09:05 pm »

Out of devilment and cos I'm in a bad mood today, I wrote to the poor sod who'd offered £60 fao a BSJ ticket to tell him there's plenty about and not to pay or maybe withdraw his bid and go to the ACO direct.

I've dropped a line to the seller to tell him he's a c*$!t too and to change his advert to reflect the truth of the matter. I'll let you all know if I hear back....

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:35:48 pm »

These are the rules from ebay re 'Pre Listing'

Pre-sale Listings are those that advertise the sale of items that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the general public.

eBay does permit pre-sales on a limited basis, as long as the seller guarantees that the item will be available for posting within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from an eBay Shop). eBay may also make exceptions and extend the 30 day deadline for other items such as event tickets, travel tickets and other similar items where the seller has paid for and owns the item but due to industry practice will not be sent the item until a later date.

A seller who lists a "pre-sale" item on eBay must clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item and a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the date of purchase. Additionally, this text must be HTML font size 3 (at a minimum.) eBay will end any listing that is a pre-sale, which does not include this information.

eBay, at it's discretion, for special promotional events, may approve a 1st party manufacturer to sell an item outside of the 30 day Pre-Sale guideline so long as the 1st party manufacturer is supplying the actual item for sale. These exceptions will be made for certain promotions and must be approved by eBay in writing prior to listing items for sale that fit the exception above.

Such a policy ensures that buyers can pay for an item and still have the option to use eBay's feedback system, insurance programme and other protections.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 05:12:43 pm »

cos I'm in a bad mood today,

Not as bad as me Andy, it's a black ebay day and no mistake. I've just had the law ring up to tell me some kit I bought on e-bay is in fact stolen, and I'll be a few grand out of pocket once they come round to pick it up.

What a tw*t!!!
H
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 05:16:07 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 07:19:05 pm »

Feckin' hell H, hope you paid by credit card, then it's the CC company's problem, as technically they own the goods.

Incidentally, I've heard back from one idiot who is selling a BSJ ticket on eBay.  He claims to have spoken to the ACO today and reckons BSJ is completely sold out.  What a lying twat!

Anyone else who wants to write to him to tell him his antics don't meet with universal approval can do so by clicking the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6509752789

then go to "Ask seller a question".

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 07:25:36 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 07:40:08 pm »

Sadly not AZ, although I pressed for this option, it was no-go. I do have a postal address, and his bank account details though. Mind you, this may not be enough for the police to go on.
I'll be interested to see how far I get.
H

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 11:57:42 pm »

I'll be interested to see how far I get.
H
Phnarr phnarr!

Sorry to hear of your woes mate, the credit card thing was clutching at straws I guess.

Anyway, here's a couple of other irems on ebay which might come in handy when you catch up with the bugger.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20538&item=4355780234&rd=1

then

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29516&item=4355933181&rd=1

or alternatively

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57235&item=4355684596&rd=1

There must be some handy woodland nearby in leafy Surrey to dump that in.

Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 09:29:38 am »

H it might be an idea to have a break in and have said item stolen before the old bill turn up if you get my drift.

Then go and visit the bloke in Mr Zarse stylee

Bring on the low flyers
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 07:21:09 pm »

cos I'm in a bad mood today,

Not as bad as me Andy, it's a black ebay day and no mistake. I've just had the law ring up to tell me some kit I bought on e-bay is in fact stolen, and I'll be a few grand out of pocket once they come round to pick it up.

What a tw*t!!!
H
What was the item or items if you don't mind me asking ?
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 08:15:37 pm »

Good advice chaps (Andy, that was uncanny, how did you know what I had in mind?), thanks. A little bit of root canal work may be in order as well.
H

24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 12:42:36 pm »

Over the last few years more and more tickets have been appearing on Ebay . I use Ebay on a daily basis in my search for Le mans related memorabilia for my private collection. It never ceases to amaze me the prices that they fetch. Only this week a tertre Rouge campsite ticket fetched £360.00 item number 6509045480 Another seller both last year and again this year seems to have an abundance of tickets last year netting £1000,s profit this year to date he has sold 2 Maison Blanche tickets for £122 each item numbers 6507379808 and 6504964296. I  find it ludicrous that I cannot get the tickets that I have requested from the ACO even though I have ordered them 15 months in advance and have been a member since the scheme started we have also supplied the ACO with a disabled pass. I have camped at tetre Rouge for many years as one of our party is disabled and as the campsite is close to the track it is perfect That of course means nothing last year we were allocated Beausejour and this year Maison Blanche  how much further away can you get?.
I ask the question how can other people buy tickets just to sell at vast profits and genuine enthusiasts like myself and others struggle to get what we order. In response to the posting Re; listing guidlines for tickets on Ebay it also clearly states that tickets cannot be sold if it is expressly forbidden to do so on the ticket. On the reverse of each ticket it clearly states that the ticket/sticker cannot be transferred or sold. Violators will immediately have their sticker withdrawn and will risk legal action Ebay appear to ignore this as I have informed them that the sale of Le Mans tickets and passes is in contravention of the rules of the ticket. To date to the best of my knowlege this has been ignored by Ebay and the ACO

Another poor showing by the Aco and the money grabbing ticket touts incidentally I have 3 Maison blanche tickets that I would like to trade for 3 Tertre rouge if anyone can help Many thanks for taking the time to listen to my ranting

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 05:59:12 pm »

I have reported a couple of these sellers to ebay using the links provided, but have been met with the same response, that the company will look into it. I have yet to have a more positive response.

It would not suprise me to find that some of the agents most of us have come across, sell a few tickets to 'friends', who then resell them on ebay at highly inflated prices.

It is hard to see what the ACO can do to stop the practice other than request ebay to stop, I think wimbledon LTC had to do that as so many tickets found there way onto auction sites.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: