Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 09:29:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burying stuff  (Read 3735 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2005, 06:15:47 pm »

Over the weekend I was chating to a guy who also guys to Le Mans. He and his friends travel down on Motorbikes and space is restricted.

To save space etc a fair amont of there kit, chairs tables and even a gas bottle & stove get buried every year after the race and dug up again the next year. So far after 10 years nothing has gone missing, some is not useable but never not found.

Does anyone else do this as we are after a bigger table next year and would like to know where to start digging.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 06:52:53 pm »

I know of a bunch of lads who camp out at Mulsanne every year. They have an enormous metal barbie, with a rather heavy cooking grate. To save on travel space, they bury this, and as far as I am aware, have been doing so for at least 10 years.

A word of warning though, should you decide to start digging looking for buried treasure, a lot of people also dig their own cess-pits!!! So be warned, just because the earh looks soft and freshly dug, does not mean buried treasure of the valuable kind.  Shocked
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 06:52:41 am »

A Cache: from the French word to Bury. Wilderness travellers the world over respect the cache of others and would never remove anything from it.
Canada Phil
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 10:44:39 am »

Unless their names happen to be Burke & Hare

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 01:19:11 am »

ISTR that the Brethrens famous Bike Burning all started with an exhumed child's bicycle (the bicycle was exhumed, not the child!).

Am I dreaming, Rusty?
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 12:27:17 am »

Watch out for the pikies with spades or metal detectors if you are going to do some burying!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: