Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 05:26:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generator  (Read 25095 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2005, 06:32:56 pm »

The 3kw we have on order from Beaver Tool hire is as quiet as a Honda 1.4 Civic, almost un-noticable.

We will half bury it as well, which will remove all traces of it...

£500 is a lot, about 7 years of hire, with which you never have to worry about them going bang....

Take life by the horns and live it.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2005, 06:01:10 pm »

brown sugar makes a nice fuel additive for those noisy gennys that run too late into the night  Cool

That's we we thought, one year whilst camped in Terte Rouge, untill we came up against a bloody Honda. The damn thing proved almost indestructible. We finally got it to shut up using TWO whole bottles of Fairy Lemon Washing-up Liquid.

Only problem was, the twerp who added the second bottle managed to get it over the top of the Genny  Angry Bit of a giveaway to the owners when they smelt this slimey, lemoney liquid stuff all over their lovely Genny. Even bigger give-away when we were the only other tent still pithched within 200 meters  Embarrassed

Oh well, at least we had a quick brush up on diplomatic lying.  Grin I think those western lads are still looking for a dodgy, drunken, French fairground roadie we swore walked past their Genny just before it packed up. Shocked Cool
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2005, 06:29:08 pm »

£500 is a lot, about 7 years of hire, with which you never have to worry about them going bang....
You're absolutely right.
6kW for 90 Euro's is definitely a lot cheaper then, unless you go to more venues a year...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005, 06:49:00 pm »

My generator has a 300 bhp engine driving a 90 amp alternator at 12 volts - runs the radio anyway  Cry

Steve East Anglian cobras

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2005, 06:53:53 pm »

My generator has a 300 bhp engine driving a 90 amp alternator at 12 volts - runs the radio anyway  Cry

As long as it doesnt get over hot  ? Embarrassed

Take life by the horns and live it.
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2005, 07:25:47 pm »

http://www.makro.co.uk/ie/mmail/Makromail_Overview.cfm?newsletter=4&email=2502405

pages 40 - 42 may be of interest though someone may be interested in the female clothing section

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2005, 07:30:28 pm »

which is on page 32   Grin

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2005, 07:32:07 pm »

Gone the same way as our branded fire breathing Ice Cream Van fantasy ??

Rusty

Anything like this Rusty?

* 139114yeGD.jpg (34.94 KB, 500x375 - viewed 207 times.)

Steve East Anglian cobras

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2005, 08:38:38 pm »

brown sugar makes a nice fuel additive for those noisy gennys that run too late into the night  Cool

That's we we thought, one year whilst camped in Terte Rouge, untill we came up against a bloody Honda. The damn thing proved almost indestructible. We finally got it to shut up using TWO whole bottles of Fairy Lemon Washing-up Liquid.

Only problem was, the twerp who added the second bottle managed to get it over the top of the Genny  Angry Bit of a giveaway to the owners when they smelt this slimey, lemoney liquid stuff all over their lovely Genny. Even bigger give-away when we were the only other tent still pithched within 200 meters  Embarrassed

Oh well, at least we had a quick brush up on diplomatic lying.  Grin I think those western lads are still looking for a dodgy, drunken, French fairground roadie we swore walked past their Genny just before it packed up. Shocked Cool

You can't be serious, surely. f**k*ng-up someone's generator because it's a bit noisy, whilst camping in the midst of a 24 hour motor race?
A textbook exercise in how to get your teeth kicked-out in one easy lesson, I would imagine. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2005, 09:02:42 pm »

No doubt Matt,
Christ, if you pulled a stunt like that at a NASCAR race, f**k*ng up someone's generator, the last that would be seen of you is your bullet riddled body being chucked into a gator infested swamp.
Fax
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2005, 09:08:43 pm »

You can't be serious, surely. f**cking-up someone's generator because it's a bit noisy, whilst camping in the midst of a 24 hour motor race?
A textbook exercise in how to get your teeth kicked-out in one easy lesson, I would imagine. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I believe you're right, Matt. Last year (and for me, in '02 at some camping during the Austrian GP) we always stop the generator's irri-exhaust at the dark hours. But I wouldn't dream of wrecking someone else's generator.
Just get pissed enough, so the f*cker won't harm your ears Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 09:09:31 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2005, 10:52:12 pm »

Trashing someone elses gear would seem a triffle harsh - boot on the other foot and all that. Maybe some earplugs would have been a preferable solution........

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2005, 12:44:13 am »

Anything like this Rusty?

I was thinking of something much more along these lines Grin

* brethren_ices_copy.jpg (32.4 KB, 287x236 - viewed 293 times.)

The Brethren Rock
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2005, 06:38:35 pm »

Rusty - I apologise my ice cream van fantasy project was far more plain vanilla than this! I'll stick to dreaming about double decker buses!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2005, 11:23:51 am »

You can't be serious, surely. f**cking-up someone's generator because it's a bit noisy, whilst camping in the midst of a 24 hour motor race?

Not ashamed.

During the race, no problem.  But 5 nights on the trot with  a genny running until 4am and then back on at 7am.  It is inconciderate actions like that which need a good shoe-ing, so brown sugar is a light let off.  Most genny oners arent like that, it was just the idiots I was bitching about.

Calm down Mr Harper, no offence intended....

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: