Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 10:09:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corvette C6R Pictures  (Read 8200 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 03:01:57 pm »

Here's a nice little pic of Rocket Ron Fellows and his new steed.
Fax

Is there any news on their driver line up this year?? Have they got the smae 6 as at Le Mans??  We spent a great couple of hours at the start of the race with Jan Magnussen's family and supporters club. His father anmd brother were so proud they were crying as the start of the race!!
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 03:04:28 pm »

Dunno about Computerware.... from the pose Mr. Fellows is adopting in the picture maybe they should be sponsored by 'Knitwear'  Smiley

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 03:07:12 pm »

Dunno about Computerware.... from the pose Mr. Fellows is adopting in the picture maybe they should be sponsored by 'Knitwear'  Smiley

He does look like a nice boy doesn't he!!  Wink Grin
Fax
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2005, 03:16:34 pm »

Hi Guys,
Last I heard the driver line-up for this year is the same, Fellows paired with O'Connell in the 3 car, Papis & Gavin in the 4 with Magnassan and Berretta joing them for the three enduro's Sebring, LeMans and the Petit.  Ron may have struck a goofy pose but the guy is a hell of racer and the backbone of the Corvette drivers.  He's been with the Corvette program from the start and is responsible for most of the testing duties with the cars.
Fax
Fax
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2005, 03:18:53 pm »

Sorry, I keep screwing up Jan's last name...Magnussen
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2005, 04:53:38 am »

Hi Fax,
          The same as last year reads as follows:
The same six drivers that piloted the C5-Rs to an historical undefeated season in 2004 will return to the track in 2005: Ron Fellows, Johnny O'Connell and Max Papis will drive the #3 Corvette C6.R and Oliver Gavin, Olivier Beretta and Jan Magnussen will drive the #4 Corvette C6.R
Canada Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2005, 11:29:30 am »

Hi Guys,
Last I heard the driver line-up for this year is the same, Fellows paired with O'Connell in the 3 car, Papis & Gavin in the 4 with Magnassan and Berretta joing them for the three enduro's Sebring, LeMans and the Petit.  Ron may have struck a goofy pose but the guy is a hell of racer and the backbone of the Corvette drivers.  He's been with the Corvette program from the start and is responsible for most of the testing duties with the cars.
Fax

Just jesting John!!  Ron's racing CV is there for all to see and is of course very impressive. I know he also does most of the testing for the team. I am curious, does the #3 car therefore also get a bit of an advantage as far as team orders or the best mechanics are concerned??
Fax
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005, 05:03:06 pm »

Hey there JP,
I knew you were just pulling my chain, however Ron is kinda posing like one of Flavio Briatore's ex-bimbo's in that pic.  I don't think that Pratt & Miller has anything in the way of a first and second car, they seem to be very committed to making sure that both cars get equal preparation and attention.  I read an interview with Oliver Gavin not long ago and he had glowing things to say about the Corvette equipe, seems very happy there.  Ollie is one of those guys that mystifies me how F1 managed to miss him, F1 loss has been sprortscars gain.  Ron Fellows is sort of Chevy's factory hired gun, they usually put him into one their best team cars for the NASCAR road races at Sears Point and Watkins Glen.
John

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2005, 06:29:46 pm »

Hi JPC,
          Just look at last years results for ALMS the #4 car had a long winning streak.  Ron /Johnny just managed to hang on to the Championship in the end.
Canada Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2005, 07:01:50 pm »

Thanks guys. I got a similar answer from Johnny Herbert and Allan McNish about the Audi UK team last year. They said they had no team orders, but please don;t run each other off the road!! They were genuinley racing each other, and it certainly showed in some of the LMES races.

If some of the drivers are accessable by visiting some of the areas mentioned, I'd better bring Jan Magnusson the photos of his family at the start of the race this year!   Wink
Fax
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 12:11:42 am »

JPC,
By all means bring the pics!  At Sebring the drivers and the fans have a great relationship and the paddock is open to the paying punters free all weekend, Jan would probably love to see them.  I've been watching Ron Fellows race for many years now in Trans-Am and IMSA but my favorite memory of him is from just a few years ago at the Petit, his hunting down and eventually forcing Thomas Enge into a mistake in the closing minutes was something special.  Matt & Dave Harper and I were watching from the hillside above turn 12 at Road Atlanta and the chuncks out of Enge's lead that Fellows ate in the final laps were something else.  Then on the podium Ron had the class to say that the Prodrive Ferrari's were simply BAD FAST.   Pretty much sums up the guy.  However Phil should have the last word on Rocket Ron, being one of his local buds.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: