Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 09:51:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRACK DAY FOR CAers - TOO GOOD TO MISS  (Read 44920 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2005, 03:36:04 pm »

Does anyone know who posted FTD?
The XJS looked a bit nippy to me. Brian Stevens the driver is well known in the Jag world, and was probably the most experienced driver there, apart from Mr Sears. He recently posted a FTD at a Jag track day with an XJ220, - building and race prepping jags is his living. Mind you, I was a little concerned when he told me he was having to back off on the long straight, as he's so short sighted he couldn't see the end!
Dan, your motor sounded the DB's and looked to be passing anything in sight, I'm sure that your times must have embarrassed a few of the FOC 'drivers'.
Anyway, it all turned pear shaped, as I received a NIP this morning from a camera I must have sprung. Oh bugger!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2005, 08:19:00 pm »

Dan, your motor sounded the DB's and looked to be passing anything in sight, I'm sure that your times must have embarrassed a few of the FOC 'drivers'.
Anyway, it all turned pear shaped, as I received a NIP this morning from a camera I must have sprung. Oh bugger!
H

Cheers H, would have been fun to get on track with the Ferrari posers.... I mean drivers.  Wink

Gutting about your ticket! Angry Hope it's not too bad!

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2005, 12:25:09 am »

Does anyone know who posted FTD?

H - not that anyone was timing of course (that would have been against the event rules) but the XJS turned a 2min 21secs over 4 and a bit miles.   Fastest that I know of bar none over the weekend.   As to your indiscretion, aside from you ignoring the end part of the driver's brief, at least it shows that the old girl moves along when at a fioar rate of knots!

MG MArk

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2005, 12:30:43 am »

Is it April yet? 

I think you've got me hooked on an expensive hobby Mark!

P.S Anyone got a pic of my car going round? I haven't seen one yet.

Dan,

Bags of pictures will be on the photo CD which will be ready about Monday to send out, and there's plenty of a certain FTO looking particularly sporty, as well as plenty of pictures of everything else that was there.   Ian Beech has also send me a longer video to go on the CD as well - more stuff in the opening sequence (including Cobras) and a longer stretch of the Ultima.   If I get Rick's stuff in time that will go on it too (if he is happy for that to happen)   Photo CD is a fiver (to the charities) anyone that would like one who hasn't already ordered, please let me know.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2005, 12:38:30 am »

Which catergory did the Cortina fall into then?

I trhink the answer to that one is "shed", even with a nice 2.0 litre Cosworth Turbo in it.   As well as expensive for the TVR.

Mind you I spent a fair time being sympathetic to said TVR driver on the Saturday evening, but my sympathy started to wear thin the longer it went on and I started to think about track day etiquette - 1) If a shed is around - avoid it 2) If it stays around - say something about it 3) If its windscreen explodes and glass goes down the radiator grille and side of the car, and you spin at 130mph, then doing 3 laps leaking coolant before overheating, rather than coming straight in to inspect for damage is a tad naive........ Hey ho - at least that and the biker who injured his shoulder on the Saturday were the only snags of the weekend.

Oh and by the way, I am definitely on for more than one next year - looking at April and late August as the probable times to run them Grin Grin Grin.

MG Mark

Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2005, 01:45:07 pm »

Glad to here that Mark!  Grin  I agree with your comments on the TVR/Cortina as I too got a good showering of glass but these things happen on trackdays and I had a great time, all more than worth it!

Oh and today I finally managed to retrieve my tax disc from behind the dash!!

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2005, 04:57:48 pm »

Mark looks as if I missed a great weekend. B*ggerit!
If you organise another (please, please) I will try to get along. It looked as if you were the only MG representative there, so I would like Lara to come along and join in too...

A quiet unassuming little Midget but quite fun for all that.

Nice one all of you, some great pictures too thanks.

Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2005, 06:26:42 pm »

Dan - Hurrah - presumably without having to dismantle the whole dash to get at it!

If you organise another (please, please) I will try to get along. It looked as if you were the only MG representative there, so I would like Lara to come along and join in too...

Fear not - there will be another.   and there was a nice BGT V8 there keeping the A company..........

MG Mark

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2005, 08:06:03 pm »

A quiet unassuming little Midget but quite fun for all that.

Nice one all of you, some great pictures too thanks.

Cheesy

I would consider my MG Tractor running and tow the bikes in for more fun ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2005, 12:02:52 pm »

Dan - Hurrah - presumably without having to dismantle the whole dash to get at it!

Only the passenger air bag, a few air vents and the glove box needed to be removed. I've now bought a new tax disc holder!

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2005, 08:37:46 pm »

Photo CDs now produced and on their way out in the post to those who have ordered them.   Anyone who hasn't and would like a copy, please let me know, send a fiver and I'll pop one in the post to you - features an extended version of Ian Beech's video, plus around 300 hi-res photos from the Saturday sessions and the same number for the Sunday sessions.   All the best,

MG Mark

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2005, 08:55:49 pm »

and here's a few taster pictures - first H's gorgeous Jag being skilfully hustled through a corner (and yes it was H driving it).....

* hjag_w.jpg (129.83 KB, 640x457 - viewed 276 times.)

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2005, 08:56:43 pm »

and then the A with Andy Z wondering if breathing is still possible at over twice the terminal speed of the Commer.......

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2005, 08:58:00 pm »

helps if the picture is attached............

* mga1_w.jpg (129.45 KB, 640x457 - viewed 311 times.)

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2005, 08:58:50 pm »

and then one of Dan Lowe with Rick Cutler

* dan_w.jpg (112.56 KB, 640x457 - viewed 230 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: