Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 09:51:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRACK DAY FOR CAers - TOO GOOD TO MISS  (Read 44919 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2005, 09:37:03 pm »

Which days are you people doing ?

Both, or just saturday / sunday.

Mark - PM'd.

Will get the bike ready for action  Grin

Take life by the horns and live it.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2005, 12:37:24 am »

Which days are you people doing ?

Both, or just saturday / sunday.

7 or 8 cobras on Sunday.

Steve East Anglian cobras

JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2005, 04:37:18 pm »

Is it possible to bring my go-kart up for a whack round, the kart is 125cc and is as fast as most of the cars there anyways. I have a license and so on. Would be good to see my kart against some of your guys cars because im telling you it would be close. The kart has 0-60 time as qucik as the ferari f430 and can top about 130mph. Sounds stupid but you dont know untill you ask do you.

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2005, 06:27:20 pm »

You normally need lights, especially indicators for track days.  Looks like a fuse or two has blown

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2005, 09:31:57 pm »

I can sort that out but i just need to know so that i can actually get lights and stuff sorted out because that isnt a problem but yeah thanks James

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2005, 08:20:43 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are definitely on for 1/2 October Grin Grin Grin.   As well as a bundle of people from RAF Marham and the Ferrari Owners Club (waiting for full details of participants from them) I also have a Jaguar XJ220, a racing GT40 and a Ford sportscar prototype (I think the successor to the Ford 3-litre) coming.   

Thanks to those of you that have PM'd me with definitive details - so far, that is Steve Brown plus mates, Andy Z, the Wills, Simon Hagger, Fran, Dan Lowe/Rick Cutler and Robbo SPS.   I have PM'd others on this thread who expressed an interest before, but who have not sent me details yet.   for the latter and anyone else interested, I do need - NOW - full details of name(s) address(es), date(s)/place(s) of birth, and vehicle details (type, reg no, colur)  - if I don't have them then, put quite simply, with RAF Marham being an MOD establishment, you will not be allowed entry.

Final costings run out at £30 for the Saturday (minimum 3x20 minute sessions) and £60 for the Sunday (minimum 6 x 20 minute sessions).    Just as a reminder, approved helmets are needed, as are fire extinguishers for cars.   I will post an entry form in the next week, together with other details (like how to get there) which I would like completed and returned to me with the entry fee before the event.   Acceptable payment is only by cheque, made payable to "Service Funds RAF Marham" - I know you trust me all implicitly, but that gives you a little more reassurance of where it is going!   

All the money raised goes towards RAF Marham Charities and Appeals.   This year the Charities are the RAF Benevolent Fund, RAF Marham First Response and the East Anglian Air Ambulance; the appeal is for Marham's fund-raising towards building a swimming pool (in the midst of rural Norfolk, with about 5,000 people we need one!).   

Finally, I will see if I can sort out camping at Marham itself - if not, there is an excellent campsite nearby (Pentney Lakes) - I will let you know what the arrangements are when I am back at work next week.

For those of you who do make it, please remember to check all the usual track day things on your car - tyres, belts, bearings, oil etc etc - before you cane the nuts off your car!

Looking forward to it and keep your fingers crossed for the weather.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
tkm271
CA Veteran

If its got tits or an engine, its going to cost ya

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2005, 09:30:50 pm »

Sorry MG, but 1st October both my boys are karting and the 2nd we're at Brands Hatch for the last Formula BMW of the season. So we won't be able to make it.

Shame as I know we were all looking forward to this event.

I hope it all goes well, perhaps it could become an annual event, or has all the organising put you off for ever?

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2005, 12:52:45 pm »

Mark,
I've had a couple of questions passed to me from some of my group who have booked to attend the track day.

I'll raise them via the forum as they may also be relevant to other attendees.

• Is there a noise limit.  If so, what is it, will it be checked and enforced?
  • Are we to assume that roll over protection for open cars is not required?  If it is, will a single roll hoop be ok for driver and passenger?
  • Is a portable fire extinguisher required or do you require a plumbed in system?
  • Is there medical cover on site?

Thanks Mark, we've booked good weather, do you require some help with setting up etc?

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2005, 06:02:48 pm »

Mark,
I've had a couple of questions passed to me from some of my group who have booked to attend the track day.

I'll raise them via the forum as they may also be relevant to other attendees.

• Is there a noise limit.  If so, what is it, will it be checked and enforced?
  • Are we to assume that roll over protection for open cars is not required?  If it is, will a single roll hoop be ok for driver and passenger?
  • Is a portable fire extinguisher required or do you require a plumbed in system?
  • Is there medical cover on site?

Thanks Mark, we've booked good weather, do you require some help with setting up etc?

Steve - No problems - answers as follows.

No specific noise limit - the only limitation is that if particular cars result in complaints on the day then I may have to take action.

Rollover protection not required, assuming car is road legal, although from a personal view, track days without one is inviting injury.

Portable fire extinguisher is fine as long as it is secured inside the car - plumbed in system not required.

Crash and Medical Cover will be provided by a) RAF Marham Fire Section (aside from normal fire training, trained in rescuing aircrew from aircraft, so plenty of relevant skills there) and b) NHS First Response Paramedics with vehicle and 2 crews c) Service personnel trained in basic first aid and d) if they are available and not called out, the East Anglian air ambulance on site - a + b + c are definites - d is a possible.

Glad you have arranged good weather - help always welcome with setting up/clearing down - will be in touch nearer the time

Hope that helps,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2005, 06:10:30 pm »

Hi Mark thanks for the PM, unfortunatly I will not be able to make it too. Scimmy is not ready-its taking longer than expected! Also I will be with tkm271, as his boys are the racing bit of Bobblehat Racing.

Have fun, was looking forward to see the Commer in full flight!

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2005, 05:34:27 pm »

Mark,

Is the track day still open for entries ?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2005, 06:04:21 pm »

Mark,
I'm still up for this, although I may have lost the thread a bit. Can you still fit me in?
I have a letter from my doctor saying that I can do more than thirty miles an hour, one from my dentist stating that even forty would be ok, and one from my mother saying that both my doctor and dentist are lying b*stards. To be honest mate, I think I knew that anyway.
I am hoping to have a car also.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2005, 10:23:34 am »

Mark,

Is the track day still open for entries ?

Sorry for the delay in replying - it is, but only just - need to be quick with the details to me please.

Mark

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2005, 04:21:31 pm »

Weather is looking good - dry, between 56 and 60 degrees. High winds likely though.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2005, 06:28:31 pm »

I'd better put the sails up as well then.  Should add another 5 mph on the back straight!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: