Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 04:57:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRACK DAY FOR CAers - TOO GOOD TO MISS  (Read 44795 times)
Auto-Culture
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 03:35:28 pm »

Just an idea, you could copy what Dream Rides do to raise funds for the appointed charity- punters sign up to take a ride in a car of their choice for say 3 laps, at a fixed price based on the car they choose. A small portion of the cash goes to the owner to cover his fuel etc, and the rest goes to the charity. Get it sponsored by a fuel retailer/ tyre manufacturer / parts supplier or whatever, then if there's enough cars attending that want to giving rides, you may be able to generate some good funds for the charity, get it publicised via the local press, increase spectator/ passenger attendance, and give the drivers good track time access? The only possible complication could be insurance issues?
But then again, you may be dead against the idea.......
isaac hunt
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 05:53:26 pm »

hi

as a new member I saw a thread on the Xpowerforums site. I am based at Swanton morley just up the road and would be seriously interested as a MGZT owner (Our side of our airfield has been ruined by no maintenance and tanks driving up & down it.
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 09:41:24 am »

I would be intrested in coming with my bike certainly be a laugh, and catch up with some fellow ca'ers aswell.

Bring on the low flyers
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 03:58:50 pm »

Hi Mark,

Would it be acceptable to bring a certain green van along for hilarity purposes? Alternatively you may wish to use it in an official capacity, say the Clerk of the Course's mobile office. Or how about charity rides around the course for the kiddies?

I'm fitting a new rear wing element and me and Steve Brown are hatching a plot on the engine front....

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Auto-Culture
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 03:26:14 pm »

Oh, and if you want your own radio station broadcasting for the duration( a la Radio Le Mans), with the voices you are already familiar with, please let me know.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 10:28:01 am »

Hi all,

In response to the recent thoughts/questions:

1)   In terms of opening it up to clubs, like the FTO Owners Club, we shall see what we have available nearer the time, but there is obviously going to be an upper limit on total numbers.
2)   Dream Rides, a radio station etc is a great idea, but would open the whole thing up from being essentially a closed event on private land (i.e. open only to drivers and their accompanying passengers) to being a public event - that then leads to massive Health & Safety issues and insurance premiums, control of spectators etc.  Bearing in mind that this is something that wil be organised and run using people's own spare time, it needs to be kept relatively straightforward.
3)   The immortal Commer  Shocked - of course it is more than welcome  Grin and, indeed, expected.   In light of its venrable status, it might be more appropriate for it to carry out an inaugural opening run, rather than to be used as a pace car or incident vehicle.   Moreover, I would not wish to expose its concours interior to use as a mobile office....  If you want any assistance with rear wing elements, then we do have a few cannibalised Tornados that could offer up a complete wing sweeping mechanism and a pair of supersonic wings for those really high speed runs - now you could mount them the wrong way up for unimaginable downforce or the right way up and go flying.......

All the best for now,

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 04:35:33 pm »

Thanks for that I'll keep it under my hat for now then.  Grin

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 11:40:17 am »

Thanks Mark.

The Holbay engine and twin 40 Webbers should liven things up a bit!

Tell me more about swept wing principles, do you think they have a proper application in the light commercial vehicle sector?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
petrolslut
CA Veteran

no rice for me thanks!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 02:41:56 pm »

Mmmmmm track day/weekend, sounds good to me!!!  Grin
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 10:01:36 pm »

Well i'll be at Marham in May/June surveying all your trees as part of the technical inspections  so sometime then would be ok

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Chris the car
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 01:29:17 pm »

We are Team Bud from Norwich and we have a group of appox 10 people who do track days all over the country (we just spent a day at the Top gear test track which is a airfield)we would be very interested to come your day but do we have to wait till September could you not do a early one say April to try it out?  
saffronrob
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2005, 10:22:24 pm »

Sounds like fun , add a 4.5 Cerb' to the list

Rob
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:19 pm »

Any update on this?  Roll Eyes

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 08:59:01 pm »

Any update on this?  

Hi all,

By coincidence, I saw the request for an update today, as its the first time I've managed to get the time to log on to the site for a few weeks, and today was the recce visit to Marham by two of the guys from the Ferrari Owners Club (FOC).   Visit went really well and they are very keen to run a day there and anticipate around 50-odd cars from the FOC would turn up Grin   So, looks like we're on for a good time and would have plenty of space for 40+ cars from CA.

Likely date now, subject to confirmation early next week, is 1/2 October to avoid holidays, other activities at Marham and clashes with other FOC events.   Weather should still be warm enough and reasonable then.   What we will probably be looking at is setting up on the Saturday and running sessions all day Sunday.   Probably/hopefully also running sessions on the Saturday afternoon, for those that wish to cane the nuts off their cars on both days or can only make it there on the Satruday.   As a target cost, we will be aiming for around £65 for the Sunday, for which everyone should get 6 sessions of 30 minutes.   Mandatory Requirements will only be the need to have an adequate lap/diagonal seat belt as a minimum, plus wearing a suitable helmet.    Fire extinguisher recommended but not mandatory.

Will post in more detail later next week once I have confirmed some of the basic details.   All the best for now,

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2005, 09:14:25 pm »

I've put it in my diary, fingers crossed. Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: