Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 11:10:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRACK DAY FOR CAers - TOO GOOD TO MISS  (Read 44833 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2005, 08:04:39 pm »

........we should also be able to get timing gear there to provide irrefutable proof.......

May I just add that anyone considering one-day insurance for this type of activity to cover possible accidental damage to their pride and joy should check VERY carefully the actual cover and exclusions.

Quite a few companies specifically exclude events that have timing equipment as this is considered to be 'competition'.

If anyone is interested in 'timing' or similar, i have a mate who is just setting up a track day video thingy, where in he rigs up your motors with camera, ie front facing, driver facing etc and then rigs up a data logger jobby and then records the whole tour(s) and puts it onto CD, it has picture in picture, speed, revs etc like you see on the F1 coverage, all pretty cool.

chris78cpr
CA Veteran

I'm a llama that likes to take pictures!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2005, 12:41:31 pm »

If there is any interest for a photographer for the day then i am more than up for the task.

Would be interested in coming up for it anyway, might try and get the old man to come down in the TR.

Chris

2 days to go until im back in heaven......
gsi
CA Veteran

Flamin K

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2005, 04:00:38 pm »

Is there an ongoing list of those who would like to attend??  or is it simply a matter of getting your name on this thread?

If so, I'm in Z3M Coupe.. will be able to find out if the limiter is set correctly Cheesy
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2005, 10:01:01 pm »

Right, things are now shaping up well after the return from Le Mans.  

The event is definitely ON and the content of my previous posts on the subject about the organisation, facilities, nature/length of track etc hold good.    The Ferrari Owners Club are about to publicise to their members, hence my post now.

The dates are 1 and 2 October 2005, with the aim of running from about 1300-1700 hours on 1 October and 0900-1200 and 1300-1600 hours on 2 October.   Prices likely to be £30-£40 for the Saturday only and is definitely set at £60 for the Sunday only - haven't worked out a discount price for anyone wishing to run on both days yet, but £75 will probably be about right.  

Helmet, fire extinguisher and normal seat belts are required.

The aim on both days will be for sessions lasting about 20 minutes (so 3 sessions in each hour) divided into 3 groupings based on experience/car performance.   That should mean a minimum of 4 sessions for each group on the Saturday and a minimum of 6 sessions on the Sunday.

There will be an open (i.e. uncovered) paddock and a parking area for non-participating vehicles with adjacent buildings providing cover, event control, plenty of refreshments, loos etc.   For those wishing to camp overnight, I will try and come to a good deal with a local site.

What I do need now is some firm details of those that wish to participate and those assisting participants (I am not using the word spectate deliberately - please note the reason from previous posts).   The details I will need to meet site entry requirements are

• Full name, address, date and place of birth of all participants and any others attending as "helpers".
  • Vehicle details - Make/Type, colour and registration number of participating vehicle(s), and of any support vehicles.
Without these details in advance, access will not be permitted on the day

Please PM me the details (and whether you are after camping on the Friday and/or Saturday night) so that you don't have to publish them on the site and I undertake not to pass them on to anyone unconnected with the organisation of the event without permission (it is assumed you are happy for me to do to those connected with organising the event).   All the best for now,

MG Mark
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 12:51:01 am by smokie » Logged

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2005, 10:19:47 pm »

I've mailed Mark for the contents of the empty list: it will be corrected asap.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2005, 11:56:23 pm »

Any space left for a Dutchie? Have to discuss at home though, a Leeds-visit by the rest of my family might be a good combination. Don't think I'll have a vehicle on me then, unless somebody can point out a Cebera-hire company in the neighborhood there somewhere Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2005, 12:53:06 pm »

Ahh well seeing as I dont have seat belts on my bike or afire extinguisher looks like I will not be there. As i have said before the KA is not atrack tool at all

Bring on the low flyers
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2005, 02:04:05 pm »

Paddy

A leeds visit? where I am from Leeds.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2005, 01:40:17 am »

Paddy

A leeds visit? where I am from Leeds.
About half an hour west of Leeds, can't remember the exact town name Embarrassed

By the looks of it I got a green light though. Maybe just the small visit to admire the new born baby and then zoom down again!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2005, 12:51:55 am »

Please see update to MGMark's post above and PM him with the required information as soon as possible if you are interested.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2005, 02:44:32 am »

I did Smokie, I did.

Is there a maximum on PM's Smokie?

Drinking for Holland
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2005, 08:48:39 am »

Hmmmm.....dunno!!! We'll find out I guess Smiley
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2005, 04:35:27 pm »

I did Smokie, I did.

Is there a maximum on PM's Smokie?

Only 3 PMs so far since my post asking for definite participants - Paddy NL, Andy A and Snoring Rhino, so unlikely to break the site limit so far!  

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2005, 12:33:03 am »

Mark, I've e-mailed details of my crowd to you.  Many thanks for arranging this.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2005, 11:37:27 pm »

Would loved to have brought the Sud up as the season will have finished and I'll have some rubber left over that I havent left on the hill.  Shame its wrong end of the country for me  Embarrassed

Maybe one over the other side of the UK for anyone over this way?  Llandow perhaps?  They have good rates for exclusive hire

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: