Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:33:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting to the Mulsanne straight from TP  (Read 4435 times)
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2004, 04:25:21 pm »

I know it's a bit early for this sort of thing, but nothing else to do until the racing season starts...

Has anyone ever got to the Mulsanne straight from the inside of the circuit? We're going to be in the Technoparc campsite, and there seems to roads etc., just wondering how well policed etc. they are, or if there are any shortcuts Smiley

mdh-photography.co.uk
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 04:41:00 pm »

Very easy mate, head out from Techno under the Porsche Curves, straight over the junction and head  towards Arnage. Hang a left just before you get to the railway crossing. Bit of a fiddle from there but not difficult.
Easiest to pick up a local map from Stanfords in Long Acre Covent Garden or follow the other traffic.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 05:05:29 pm »

Very easy mate, head out from Techno under the Porsche Curves, straight over the junction and head  towards Arnage. Hang a left just before you get to the railway crossing. Bit of a fiddle from there but not difficult.
Easiest to pick up a local map from Stanfords in Long Acre Covent Garden or follow the other traffic.
Rusty

Rusty,
That sounds like directions to Mulsanne corner.

Mike,
There was a number of threads floating around about this in Spring 2004 prior to this years race.
Getting to the straight involves a fair bit of subterfuge, blacking up like a para and a certain amount of luck.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 05:19:23 pm »

I know what you mean mate, but it will get you down to the 2 restaurants on the straight once you've negotiated the lanes, or to mulsanne corner if you prefer. Bit of a long way round but relatively straight forward missing the road block around the main entrance.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 05:51:52 pm »

I know it's a bit early for this sort of thing, but nothing else to do until the racing season starts...

Has anyone ever got to the Mulsanne straight from the inside of the circuit? We're going to be in the Technoparc campsite, and there seems to roads etc., just wondering how well policed etc. they are, or if there are any shortcuts Smiley

Nothing easier !!!  Cheesy

Get out the Technopark, pass the karting, continue straight and turn left at the end, continue straight until you arrive to Mulsanne straight (Leroy merlin Commercial Center with a Mc Donalds on the parking, and pretty near to the first chicane !!!)

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 06:03:12 pm »

The Gendarmes do not like people at the Mulsanne straight. I would remind you they carry guns AND live ammunition Shocked
Canada Phil
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 06:17:09 pm »

Nothing easier !!!  Cheesy

Get out the Technopark, pass the karting, continue straight and turn left at the end, continue straight until you arrive to Mulsanne straight (Leroy merlin Commercial Center with a Mc Donalds on the parking, and pretty near to the first chicane !!!)

Problem is that they always have a police road block there. You may be abke to get there on foot or by push bike by that route, but definately not in a motor.
Maybe Mr. Brown's idea of blacking yourself out and going cross country looks attractive. Don't forget the night vision scope and wire cutters. Did it once without......booze is a great painkiller.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 11:20:19 am »

My mate is a Liverpool season ticket holder and he always had a problem parking near to the ground. He got talking to one of the locals and offered to pay them a small fee each year so that he can park his car in their drive every home game.

This got me thinking and I apologise if it has been asked before but………

What are the chances of someone from the group who is local to Le Mans (?? Giles ??) meeting one of the owners of those select houses on the Mulsanne straight (or just after Arnage corner for that matter) and arranging a viewing area (bbq party if that it easier) for a few of us during the race. For a small donation of course…

A letter through the door might be a good introduction. Any thoughts?
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 03:41:00 pm »

What are the chances of someone from the group who is local to Le Mans (?? Giles ??) meeting one of the owners of those select houses on the Mulsanne straight (or just after Arnage corner for that matter) and arranging a viewing area (bbq party if that it easier) for a few of us during the race. For a small donation of course…
A letter through the door might be a good introduction. Any thoughts?

Nice idea, but I have a feeling that they maybe fully booked up!!

TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2005, 05:10:01 pm »

Standing by the chinese on the mulsanne straight, there are always several gardens empty.

I think many of them may go away for the week.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2005, 09:31:02 pm »

Hi Tony I think your right. I have heard from an unreliable source that the ACO puts them up in fancy hotels and gives them Tribune Tickets and pours Champagne down their throats so the rest of us can enjoy the greatest race in the world.
Canada Phil
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2005, 12:24:19 am »

This has been discussed before.

In a moment of madness, I made an offer on a house right in the braking zone for the 2nd chicane on the inside of the track.  I suspect it's still on the market given how much they wanted for the entire lot (which was pretty big and included a pond and trucking depot).  I offered them 100K euros on the house and pond but they wouldn't separate it from the depot and wanted 300K all in.  Obviously not worth it for a place I'd use once a year living here in the US.  It's not exactly in a desirable place the rest of the year so rental potential would be pretty dodgy based on the consultation I had with a local rental property expert.  The ACO throw in Tribune seats for the race and not much else.  Access was by mud road through the woods and in inclement weather would probably have required all-wheel drive.  It just wasn't the right deal, even though the vantage point was spectacular.  I couldn't get the idea of leaning on my garden gate behind the armco out of my mind.

I'm so glad I deep six'ed this idea and went with something here in the States that's more "usable" than a weekend a year.

If you've looked at any of the residences on the Mulasanne, many appeared to be falling to pieces (like many of the rural establishments in the area).  The concept of getting to them during the race is not practical in my opinion.  There is no road network in the woods - just mud paths.  And unless you're a family member and have a car credential, the plod won't let you back there to the homes anyway.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2005, 09:46:24 pm »

Standing by the chinese on the mulsanne straight, there are always several gardens empty.

Last year the view from the pub garden next to the Chinese was as good as it gets standing on the thoughtfully provided tables next to the fence.   However, the gendarmes were patrolling the surrounding area - a few that tried their luck in the gardens nearby were unceremoniously bundled away.  Subterfuge and camouflage is the way to

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: