Club Arnage
June 23, 2024, 05:17:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tsunami victims appeal  (Read 9245 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2005, 10:00:01 pm »

Brad and I spent the day over at Wroughton airfield, Just out side of Swindon, packing boxes loading an artic - we did one today - they had already sent six  + 7 x 7.5 toners. A small contribution compared to the manic effort already put in, astounded by the generosity of people.
But think want you can give which will be of most use, they are probably not short of clothes any more, they need our GOOD old camping gear - tents, stoves, beds, tin plates cups, tinned food medical kits dinghy’s (areas are now getting rain floods!)  etc a good way of getting rid of the back up stuff that never gets used - they are in for a long recovery.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005, 05:25:13 am »

Canada's DART is finally on it's way. My government finally crumbled to intense presure from the press and general Public to send the Disaster Assitance Response Team to Sri Lanka. It will take FOUR flights of the Huge Russian transport planes to get it all there.
It is a fully equiped and staffed field hospital with the ability to purify 50,000 Litres of water per day.
Canada Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 12:38:50 pm »

You never think of those, like that lady at Gatwick, its just, well............ gobsmacked.......... lost for words.

I saw Chris yesterday and by some miracle the lady's missing son arrived safely at LGW on new year's eve. To say the woman was overjoyed is an understatement. She even gave Chris a big hug when she heard the news, it's not something people would ordinarily do. Glad to hear Nordic's bro (who I've met) got back in one piece too.

But our thoughts must be with those that weren't so lucky.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 12:47:46 pm »

It's nothing short of hell on earth.
The now familiar images still shock me, more than a week after the event.
Having spent most of the last 10 Christmas's and New Years in Phuket and Khao Lak, I feel very lucky indeed to have stayed away this year.
Last year, my family and I spent a month in that beautiful area of Thailand and as a result we feel so much for the families we have met and become friends with; some of which we are sure will have perished.  We have certainly given very generously to the DEC appeal and would urge all to do what they can.
There but for the grace of God.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 05:53:31 pm »

The horror goes on, there are reports on BBC of the ' people trafficking ' children being sold for adoption via text message and of children being taken from hospital. Do these 'people' have no soul.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4145591.stm

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 10:54:12 am »

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=motorSportsNews&storyID=7236601

Well done spoonface

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 07:04:36 pm »

I take back all the nasty things said about him - now Mr Eccelstone - a chance to redeem one self?
Fax
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 07:26:29 pm »

Regarding Schumacher,
All very well making that sort of a donation but alot of people are making huge donations without publicizing it.  All smacks a bit of self promotion.  Just cough-up your money without trying to come off as Mr Millionare Super hero.
John

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2005, 07:32:18 pm »

Well done to Schuey. Isn't it about time our overpaid prima donna premier league footballers put there hands in their pockets.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fax
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2005, 07:37:06 pm »

Over here alot of our overpaid prima-donna Football, Baseball and Basketball players have donated millions, just that their managers didn't feel obligated to make a press release about it.
John
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 11:33:20 pm »

Please stay on topic and non controversial.

This thread is for serious comment only, not for discussion over rights and wrongs, good or bad.

Please.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 06:59:19 am »

Right on the nut Smokie, let`s leave character bashing for other threads.
Fax
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2005, 05:41:07 pm »

Certainly I agree to stay on the thread.  This obviously been a tragedy of unimaginable proportions.  I merely thought it odd that millions of people have been giving of their hard earned income (self included) to aid the situation but when someone "announces" that they are making a donation they are deemed to be some kind of saint.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: