Club Arnage
June 24, 2024, 01:34:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tough question , any ideas  (Read 5506 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2004, 10:43:13 am »

Bruce Mclaren did drive a Cooper T 49 Monaco Mk I in 1959, so its unlikey to be the same car that Cronenberg now owns if his is 63 model.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2004, 12:12:41 pm »

The producer is a historic car nut - David Cronenberg bought the remains of the Cooper car company many years ago (these had gone to Canada after the Cooper auction, and ended up with Cronenberg - he had a lot of drawings, the Monaco and a single seater - which were auctioned a few years back).

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2004, 01:36:00 pm »

Ok, enough of the BS, any proper answers as its a serious question.

Chris, Shame on you!  Sad You should know, in and amongst all the BS and daft answers, the good folk of CA will give you lots of good ideas too.

The Bruce McLaren thing has got to be right. I've got a book on Bruce somewhere, I'll try and look it out, and it's years since I read it. But I think he first drove Coopers in his native New Zealand before he came over here to race with fellow Kiwi Chris Amon. I think he was pretty quickly signed up for F2 initially by John Cooper. The Cronenburg thing I really have no idea about.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: