Club Arnage
October 01, 2024, 07:24:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much for the motor then?  (Read 3799 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2004, 07:40:34 pm »

Whats it worth then mate?
Cheeky little motor parked at St Saturnin along with  a few lesser mortals!

* 250_GTO.JPG (70.96 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 262 times.)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 07:46:13 pm »

Eat your dinner off of this?

* 250_motor.JPG (45.1 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 192 times.)
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 07:52:46 pm »

that's one of mine...... Grin

the best site out of all the most amazing cars that people turned up in was on the N138 home.
It's what makes Le Mans what it is and that was some old guy driving on his own  smoking a pipe, driving this awesome Ferrari 365GTB (Daytona) with a crappy Halfords bike rack attached to rear and an equally crappy old 60's racer strapped to that.

Priceless - wish I'd got a pic.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 07:56:29 pm by Simes » Logged

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 07:59:16 pm »

Incredile but the 250 (finally got around to looking it up seems most likely to be a 275 GTS still awsome) is probaly worth more than these put together!
Story was that these three F40's were caught doing in excess of 150MPH on the way down, they were only able to continue if  they agreed to meet the plod at St Staturnin after they had  been to a magistrate to set the fine - 1500 Euro's each!

* 3x_f40s.JPG (51.37 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 273 times.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 11:01:26 am by IRW » Logged
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 08:24:50 pm »

Funnily enough...
Last winter a mouse got into the car, and camped up in the gap between the roof and the headlining. Christ knows how it got in the car, never mind the headlining.
I'm not sure how long he'd been there, so he could have been a very well travelled mouse, and I thank God he couldn't speak. His new home became obvious when he chewed through the headlining and bits of his nest started to hang out. The headlining is a bit of a work of art, or complete pain the arse, depending on how you look at it (pain in the arse, as far as I'm concerned). Replacing it involves taking both front and rear screens out, and the timber frame probably wouldn't go back in the same shape that it came out.
I took the car to a local coachfitting outfit, a couple of brothers who still do everything by hand from scratch. In the workshop was a car looking just like this one (365GT SWB?). The owner was having the interior replaced with black leather, rather than cream. The boys were doing everything from hides which they had hanging next to the car, and had completely covered the car in bubblewrap to protect the paintwork. The owner reckoned it was worth £2m. Gulp! (and I think he had a few others in a similar vein)
They stitched me up a treat, by the way.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 04:54:04 pm »

Highly impressive - but are cars of this ilk still worth these stratospheric numbers? I thought the bubble burst somewhat, at the end of the 80's.
A close friend of mine looks after the car collection of a quite prosperous propety developer in Leeds Amongst his drool-inducing stable of horny motors, he has a totally original, all numbers matching, very low miles, 365 GTB/4 Daytona, Rosso/Nero - value for insurance purposes - 90 grand.
Granted, they built a few more Daytonas than GT SWB's as above, but 2 mill?
My mums BMW Z3 has mice...

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 07:09:57 am »

Gay mice, obviously.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 01:07:41 pm »

How much does a mouse charge for a trim and blow dry with some highlights then?

Actually Matt, I didn't hear the 2 mill quote from the prancing horses mouth, it was one of the trimmers who had heard it, so I didn't get a chance to make further enquiries. I can only think that the car must have some special history or significance. But then that begs the question of why he was changing the (presumably original) interior?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 01:36:23 pm »

Gay mice, obviously.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to check in the Commer.

Last winter a family of mice decided the Commer would be a great place to winter. The pesky little feckers lived on the packet food that I had left in the pantry. They even chewed through the plastic tommy ketchup bottle.

I think there must be a lot of salt and other things that don't necessarily agree with a mouse's digestive tract in Knor French Vegetable Soup with Croutons, as it appears to have "upset" the tummy of at least one of the little bastards. There was enough mouse diarrhoea to shampoo the side of a buffalo. I discovered them when I unwittingly opened up the cupboard and about a dozen of the buggers came running out in all directions. I had the shock of a lifetime and the clean up operation was not too pleasant.

Anyway they had their revenge for me destroying their lovely home by taking a day trip under the bonnet of my Subaru and chewing through the alternator wiring, as I discovered when the car died on me one night.

I wouldn't be surprised to find prancing horses living in there this year.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 09:22:16 pm »

Gay mice, obviously.

Anyway they had their revenge for me destroying their lovely home by taking a day trip under the bonnet of my Subaru and chewing through the alternator wiring, as I discovered when the car died on me one night.

Went see an Esprit a couple of years ago, as the bloke opened the garage door there was a small silhouette disappearing under a cabinet.
He had been telling me that he had just had the front callipers, servo and flexible pipes replaced for a fault which turned out to be a split vacuum pipe.
As he was opening the engine cover his voice dropped as we both noticed the grey furry pipe that was once nice new rubber coated vacuum pipe, I think the local stocks of mouse poison were depleted quite quickly after my visit!! (No I didn’t buy the car despite it been absolutely spotless - just didn’t know where the pesky little blighters had been chewing through - electrical fires in a fibre glass car - no thanks) needless to say bloke (BA pilot) was hart broken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: