Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 02:25:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 146868 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2005, 03:22:27 pm »

Excellent! Cheered me up no end this morning, Andy.
I used the phrase, "shaken to pieces" metaphorically. I am more concerned about the mechanicals than shedding body panels. Sebring is particularly hard on transmissions, brakes and steering systems. Some would argue that all races punish those components, but Sebrings combination of challenging roadcourse and rough and ready road surface (a combination of concrete and tarmac) and the pace at which the race is run - i.e. flat-out from the drop of the flag, makes it a legendary car breaker.
I have always had a very soft-spot for AML - and their racing effort in particular, right from the first time I heard a Nimrod on a trailing throttle. It's a shame they have always been so under-funded for such an aristochratic marque. Ford/Prodrive changes all that - but sportscar racing is such a fickle passtime. I wish the very, very beast for the DBR9 - get this, I'd be delighted if they beat GM - but the Mobil 12 Hours will be a trial by fire for them. It's going to be great to see it all pan out - particularly with some new faces/old friends at trackside.
Can't wait!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2005, 06:18:52 am »

quote =smokie
I know I'm shallow but I just hope Florida warms up a bit. Around 0 degrees today... Huh

Not my part of Florida. Smiley

Pidge
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2005, 06:48:02 pm »

Fear not, Smokester, it's back up to 77 degrees here in O'town today.
It'll be mid 80's by mid March. Bring your knotted hanky.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2005, 04:50:24 am »

What a luv'ly image Matt.
Canada Phil
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2005, 11:25:24 am »

The first day of testing at sebring times have been posted here.

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?NewsID=812

The good news is the Aston is straight on the pace, the bad news is the Audi's are even quicker than last year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2005, 02:30:51 pm »

Well guys, looks like our trip to Sebring is a GO!   Never have been before but have been to the website and to www.sebringfans.com.  I will be coming in an SUV but don't know where to park.  Will pitch a tent and camp by the truck.   Has anyone decided where they will be camped?  We will be arriving sometime late Wednesday, March 16.  Hope to see Matt, Pidgeon, J P Chenet, Steve, Fax, Canada Phil and whoever else in CA is cominging.  Any planned gatherings?   You guys who are flying over the big pond, is there anything you need for me to bring?  Sleeping bag, ice chest, etc.
john  
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2005, 02:53:41 pm »

Great news John!!!!   Cheesy

It's my first time this year (along with Steve Brown and Andy Zarse) but I'm sure one of the regulars will be along shortly to let you know where the CA camp site will be!

As far as kit is concerned, I think we are already covered thanks but we'll soon scream if we discover anything we're missing.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2005, 04:42:55 pm »

Fear not, Smokester, it's back up to 77 degrees here in O'town today.
It'll be mid 80's by mid March. Bring your knotted hanky.
I Don't think so I just saw the long range forcast, expect some of this

* IMG_0290.jpg (70.81 KB, 631x420 - viewed 507 times.)

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2005, 05:06:36 pm »

Well guys, looks like our trip to Sebring is a GO!  

Excellent news John.  I'm sure Pidge / Smokie / Canada Phil / Chris will give you the low down on the camp arrangments.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fax
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2005, 06:34:06 pm »

Just a little over a month and a half...
Fax

* 13_sm.jpg (2 KB, 50x37 - viewed 383 times.)
Fax
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2005, 06:35:33 pm »

Here's a better one.

* 08.jpg (47.21 KB, 580x378 - viewed 373 times.)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2005, 07:20:44 pm »

Well guys, looks like our trip to Sebring is a GO!  

Excellent news John.  I'm sure Pidge / Smokie / Canada Phil / Chris will give you the low down on the camp arrangments.

Hi John,

Welcome aboard the Sebring merry go round !

Drive through the main entrance, $10 unless there is 4 or more in your SUV.
Drive past the first foot bridge over the circuit ,on the right hand side.
Shortly after the bridge, there is a big flat concrete area on the left, followed by a narrow road. Turn left up the narrow road/ track. Club Arnage, Pidge, Canada Phil, Smokie, Me, and the rest of the Brits will be camping on the right hand side of that track. We camp between the big black  ALMS merchandise  tent and the Police impound yard. Depending on what time you arrive , there may or may not be about 10 flags poles up and the Club Arnage banner that Pidge had made.

Regards
Chris
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2005, 07:32:49 pm »

Has anyone decided where they will be camped?  We will be arriving sometime late Wednesday, March 16.  Hope to see Matt, Pidgeon, J P Chenet, Steve, Fax, Canada Phil and whoever else in CA is cominging.  Any planned gatherings?   john  

Hi John
This is turning into "a bit of a do", as they say back in Yorkshire. Glad you are able to make it. In many respects Sebring is much more appealing than Le Mans (you can actually see the race, if you're so inclined - and the organisers do actually give a flying fart about the paying guests).
Over the last 2 years Pidge - in fact a whole flock of Pigeons, The Moose, Chris and girly-beer Smokie have established an impressive base camp in the main in-field car parking lot - to the left of the main access road as you drive in - very easy to spot.
These guys have very kindly made space for us to park Truckosaurus within Club Arnage boundries on race-day morning, which means we don't have to lug our rolling cooler quite as far to the pit boxes that we buy for this race. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.
The Club Arnage Corral will be bigger this year with the inclusion of hgb, JPC, Zarse and Cobra-Boy.  It should be a highly amusing event!
See you there....
Matt

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2005, 11:51:00 pm »

Ok,
Now that Sebring is not all that far off now. Please could we make a definative list of Club Arnage members that are travelling to Sebring and plan to meet up at or camp at the Club Arnage camp site area.

I'm starting the list with.

Chris Clark (Chris24)
Smokie,
Pidge,
Canada Phil,
Matt Harper,
Dave Harper,
Fax,
Gab,
jpchenet,
Steve Brown,
A Zarse,
vwgtifan,
Big H,
Johnevans3

OK, who have I missed, fill in the blanks and add them to the list. Also what are each persons travel arangements and  ETA at the circuit etc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 11:52:35 pm by Chris24 » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2005, 11:59:59 pm »

OK, I am planning to design an Aston Martin Racing T shirt in time for Sebring.  I plan on doing a front print and back print which i will then print out on t shirt transfer film and iron on a plain t shirt. When i have done the design, I will e mail the images to anyone who wants it so they can run off a shirt for themselves.

It would look pretty cool if we could get a big bunch of us wearing the same shirt during the race.

Do you want the Club Arnage logo incorporated on the t shirt as well ?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: