Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:21:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2005  (Read 146856 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2005, 01:43:42 am »

I'll only be there if you tell me where...  Smiley
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2005, 03:14:04 am »

I will get the discount on each the tickets. But as I said I must order them before the 28 of Feb.
        Coordinate with Smokie and or Phil and or Chris and or me and I'll add to the list. When you are positive, I will send the list to eveybody involved to your home e-mail address for verification..
       By the way . the SebringFans.com site proved interesting.  
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2005, 10:24:38 am »

I'll only be there if you tell me where...  Smiley

I've PM'ed you Andy's address info (as provided to me) - see you this evening.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2005, 03:48:25 pm »

It was great to see Smokie, Steve B, JPC and Gibberish last night, and thanks for coming over guys. We had a useful night on the computer and think will be coming over on tues returning sunday or monday. Think we know what tickets we want too, will PM Pidge with details soonest.

Need leess to say, a trip to the pub followed. We left somewhat giddy, though mentioning no names, some were more giddy than others, I think it was Gibberish.

The evening ended with a remarkable Le Mans coincidence. We were asked into a friend's house after the pub shut at 1am. Another friend James was there too, he works for a cargo airline. The subject of the Aston Martin came up inevitably and he casually announced he'd flown it over from Stanstead to Chicago on New Year's day. He proceeded to show us some photo's he took of it in the hold of a 747. The lucky sod even sat in it! Probably he's the first person to sit in it whilst it's doing 500 knots!!

BTW. Do any of the US contingent know if Ford have some sort of test facility near Chicago or is there any other logical reason why it would be there??

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2005, 08:57:42 pm »

On the subject of the Aston. I was talking to David Brabham about it yesterday at the Autosport Show.

I told him about the Aston / Corvette rivalry that we have got going on on here. He also said that Prodrive and Pratt and Miller  have also got it on as well.

I asked about if he would be racing it and he said, its pretty much a definate, but he has yet to sign the contract which he did say was about 3/4 inch think !

He also mentioned that Brundle / Blundell still have to find the budget to run their team in 2006 as they don't actually have it at the moment.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2005, 11:40:09 pm »

All in all a productive night last night (plus we sorted out some Sebring details  Grin)
Thanks to mine host Andy Z; Smokie for his knowledge, Leffe and the lift to the pub; and to JPC and Gib for helping me prop up the bar.

Hopefully we're all clued up now, 2 months today to go.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2005, 04:36:48 am »

HI guys, Glad to hear you lot are getting your sh*t together Roll Eyes Sorry I could not make it... bit far Grin
Andy on the Aston question. It might be as simple as economics of flight. Chicago is one of the Hubs for flying in USA. All US flights go via somewhere else first.
Thanks for the update Chris.
Canada Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2005, 09:02:33 am »

Good point Phil. It's like the old saying: Good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell, but everybody goes via O'Hare!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2005, 03:12:36 pm »

Sad Eventually not coming to sebring this year  Sad

Have a 4WD and SUV exhibition and show to manage the same week-end.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2005, 01:35:42 am »

Hi Gilles,
             It is a sad day when you would rather WORK an SUV show than PARTY at the second BEST RACE  Roll Eyes
 We will miss you.
Canada Phil
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2005, 03:44:11 am »

Gilles ...........  :'(I was looking forward to seeing you in the good old USA. And your French wine.   As Phil say's 'WORK COMES FIRST?Huh ' Sad
Try again next year.           Cry                  Pidge
Fax
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2005, 05:37:35 pm »

Thought I would post something to keep this on the first page.  While snowbound last night I decided to break out The Speed Merchants to get myself fired-up for Sebring, just some great Sebring footage on that film.  The sight of the Alfa mechanics hacking away at their car to get it to pass over the clearance blocks at scrutineering is pretty hilarious, and I'd forgotten that Peter Revson got chucked out of the race for flipping the bird to a marshal.  And then there's the crowd!  The place hasn't changed any in thirty years...
Can't fricking wait!
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2005, 09:52:50 pm »

Well, was going to thunder down to Sebring in my 996TT for a bit of a haul-ass weekend adventure.

But now will be cruising down in the new Honda Odyssey Putley Creech Land Yacht loaded up with Mrs. H and the crumb snatcher.

I never thought a minivan could be so great.  Just got it today and it's extremely impressive.

Still looking forward to an awesome Saturday - will have to make the most of this as it will be my Le Mans for 05!

Looking forward to catching-up with everyone in March...

Dave
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2005, 12:24:13 am »

Andy, Steve and I booked our flights today!!!

Roll on March!!!!!!   Cheesy
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2005, 12:30:48 am »

Andy, Steve and I booked our flights today!!!

Roll on March!!!!!!   Cheesy
Wel done all three of you. Commitment thats what I  like. Now as to Dave.: thats the Dark side man what the hell are you doing? Oh and before you ask the old station wagon is doing fine  Grin
Canada Phil
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: