Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 11:55:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24hrs  (Read 3024 times)
DavidJ
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2004, 01:30:52 am »

After many loyal years of going to Le Mans, I'm thinking of doing Spa 24hrs as well next year. Apart from the 'official' www.proximus24hours.com website, it is very difficult finding any additional info.

Can anyone help with the usual questions - camping (where, how much, booking required in advance), entrance tickets (prices on the website - but do you need to book in advance, are grandstand seats advised).

One of the main questions has to be - how does it compare in size, entertainment value and atmosphere to Le Mans?

Regards

David
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 01:46:43 am »

I've been to the Spa 24 Hours a few times.  It was back in the late 80s It's no where near as big.  It's well attended but just not on the same scale as Le Mans.   I stayed in Hotels,  there were some people camping but  not that many.  I don't think they have any english comentary.    None the less is a great ciurcuit.    Though it doesn't look much like it did last time I went there.  

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 11:08:33 am »

Agreed, the Spa 24Hs are on a smaller scale than Le Mans but still worth it.

Prices:
The basic ticket is 26 Euros plus another 26 Euros for the paddock (which is advisable) and another 10 or 12 Euros for the grand stands. The grand stands are usually build up some weeks prior to the F1 GP and well worth the extra cost. Decide for yourself when you are there. Tickets are available at the gate and don't need to be booked in advance.

Camping:
Basically, you can camp all around the circuit but there's only one "camping ground" with showers and toilets which is at Les Combes. There's another camping ground close to the main grand stand in the woods which costs 10 Euros (I think). Booking is obviously not required, just turn up and pay at the gate.

Atmosphere:
The atmoshere at Spa is always relaxed and not as busy as at Le Mans. They have a fun fair at the track which is opposite the main straight but I always found it more fun to watch the race. You find beer bars and food stands all around the circuit. So, the risk of running dry is smaller than at LM. As stated before, there is no english commentry, the circuit radio is in dutch and french only.
Due to FIA F1 enforcement, there have been many spectator unfriendly changes to the circuit recently, lots of new fences which obstruct the direct view to the circuit.
Still, I can recommend a visit to the Spa 24Hs. For me, it's the second biggest event after LM.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: