Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 04:17:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earl bird etc.........  (Read 5414 times)
Tim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2003, 06:13:47 pm »

Could be one of the first departures, leaving from Huddersfield on the 7th advanced Yorkshire scouts of  gang of 12, camping at bottom end of MB right hand side as usual. rest arriving Wedneday and Thursday.
Travelling in Morris ex Glasgow ambulance, max 50 mph
crossing Hull - Zeebrugge. Is it for sure that payment required for early arrival? very shabby if so.
Are we the first departures? staying Chatel Sunday then flat out Monday to arrive and set up.
See you at road side in Arnage village, me big bugger on a push bike.
IanB
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 08:37:42 pm »

Liverpool boys are on the Sunday night boat Portsmouth-Caen should arrive MB about 12 to 1 after a few sherbets
camping nearer to the track . big white garage Ford Ranger and small car trailer should give us away
       See you there
               Ianb
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 01:55:03 pm »

Is it a Morris JU250? If so you'll be lucky to get there in time for the start of the race! Why did they make an ambulance out of such a slow vehicle?

PS I speak as a Commer PB owner, a thoroughbred in comparison!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 01:57:07 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 06:17:22 pm »

Dover Calais Sunday am here, stopping overnight just past Roeun then arriving Mon late morning...
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 08:33:25 pm »

Andy, how come you're so knowledgable about vintage english commercial vehicles?
Is there a Fred Dibnah Zarse visible in your party. (obviously it's visible when he's half way up the stack. Or down, for that matter). Don't get me wrong, it's very commendable, and I'm genuinely impressed, unless these things like this are passed down by word of mouth and in stories around the campfire, children will forget that we were once a proud nation of manufacturing, and innovation and of hope and glory and isn't the queen marvellous I was at Violets funeral y'know...
Gnnnn...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
bgeorge104
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 10:27:38 pm »

We're (wife & two kids 7.5 & 3.5) leaving 29th May Portsmouth to Le Havre, driving down to Vence nr Nice for the Monaco GP for 7 days then driving back north to Le Mans.  Tongue
Jeffa
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama! Im a free man!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 10:30:20 pm »

Nice Holiday!!
How did you persuade the wife to agree to that?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2003, 04:03:59 pm »

Andy, how come you're so knowledgable about vintage english commercial vehicles?
Is there a Fred Dibnah Zarse visible in your party. (obviously it's visible when he's half way up the stack. Or down, for that matter). Don't get me wrong, it's very commendable, and I'm genuinely impressed, unless these things like this are passed down by word of mouth and in stories around the campfire, children will forget that we were once a proud nation of manufacturing, and innovation and of hope and glory and isn't the queen marvellous I was at Violets funeral y'know...
Gnnnn...

H man,

Surely everyone knows this sort of thing.

The JU250 (which many people wrongly call the 250JU) was a crap Austin/Morris forward control panelvan from the late 50's/early 60's. It was replaced by the J4 in the mid sixties, another crap forward control panelvan. This was replaced by the Leyland Sherpa, a crap panelvan. It is still around today in modified guise and is now known as the LDV, and still a crap panelvan. As any reader of Classic Van and Light Commercial could tell you.

Will we never learn?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 04:04:36 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: