Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 07:19:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Villeneuve joins Sauber  (Read 5715 times)
Fax
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2004, 07:59:15 am »

After a little bit a thought and five or six beers here's my take on the potential return of both JV and Mika.  JV left F1 not entirely by his own choice and is clearly has something to prove.  This is his motivation, to come back and prove his critics wrong, who said he was just in it for the BAR money.
Mika however has nothing to prove, he left on his own terms (presumably because he was tired and burned-out) and his rumured return seems mostly motivated out of boredom.  A F1 return for this reason seems foolish.  He'll quickly remember why he retired from F1 in the first place and his motivation will go to sh*t in a hurry.  This reminds me way too much of Alan Jones and his F1 return in 1985-86.  He retired at the end of 1981 saying he was fed-up and burned-out only to spend a couple of years on a farm in Australia being bored out of his skull.  He returned to F1 in 1985 with the Lola-Beatrice team and the only thing he accomplished was to tarnish his reputation.  He retired again in at the end of 1986, went home and had a very succesful career in the Aussie touring car series. I think if Mika had any sense he would bag the idea of returning to F1 and, if he still enjoys driving racing cars, do some sportscar or tin-top racing.
Personally I would love to see that mind-melting car control in a GTS Vette, Ferrari or dare I say...Aston Martin? If its being a prima-donna celebrity that he misses, then go back to Max & Bernie's made-for-TV dog and poney show and hang out with the posers.
Fax

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: