Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:32:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend in Spa and Nordschliefe  (Read 2274 times)
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2004, 07:13:00 pm »

Well the WANCs tour was fantastic.Spa race was great with hardly any rain to report until near the end.We headed off a bit early to get to our hotel near the Nurburgring.The hotel was superb,owned by a lady originally from Chester,who welcomes all petrolheads,especially bikers.We had a night there with lovely scoff and a good few beers and the whole lot including room was £42 each.
On monday we went to the Nordschliefe and drove a couple of laps of the famous old circuit and what a place!!!The Transam enjoyed being thrased and the rock hard suspension and big brakes really came into their own.I did a lap and then Griff did one.Wasnt too please though when i looked across and saw my rev counter pinned in the red.I think my new engine is just about run in.After two laps a "noise guy" came up to me and said if i wanted to go out again i would have to pass the noise test as he thought the V8 Rasp was a bit loud.After two laps of 24Km each though i thought it best not to try another as i didnt want to take the TA home in a box.
There was only one disappointment at the Nordschliefe and that was the fact that the "ring taxi" was fully booked so we could nt go out on track with someone who new the circuit.And that taxi driver  on this particular day was ...HANS STUCK!!!Argh what an experience that would have been.
We had an eleven hour trip home with only a stop for fuel and ferry(Dover/Calais)and arrive back in Wanctown at 1.00am this morning.
Griffs sat nav took us from Germany into Holland before going into Belgium and France and back to calais.Our last 78 miles was done at a shown average speed of 98 mph and we made the ferry with 15 mins to spare.Overall it was a fantastic trip and one that i cant wait to do again.

cheers
PM

* TA_at_Nordschliefe.jpg (72.94 KB, 750x563 - viewed 149 times.)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 08:08:03 pm »

Excellent posting PM - sounds like a superb trip and an appropriate way to dial in your new small-block.
Nothing like a comparison, but I remember doing a track-day at Oulton Park a few years ago. I had an '88 IROC at the time and had the somewhat double-edged sword experience of being tutored by one Tim Sugden - a decent Bradford lad, struggling for a regular drive at the time.
I did a couple of laps, then we swapped seats and he showed me why today, he's EMKA's #1 driver and I'm selling stair lifts.
It was an education that cost me a set of Goodyear Eagles and a complete brake overhaul - notwithstanding a change of underwear.
Very envious of your 'ring' piece.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 08:11:38 pm »

Matt
I saw Tim Sugden in a restaurant in Spa on saturday eve.
As far as a driving lesson is concerned,when we saw the taxi going out in front of us,Griff says to me "follow him" and he'll show you the racing line.Followed for 100 metres or so and never saw him again until we finished the lap and he was filling up with the next load of people to go out again.!!
PM
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 08:31:18 pm »

98 mph eh? Lucky I wasn't there with the Omega - you wouldn't have kept up!  Wink

If you're doing it next year, and I have less work on, count me in. Sounds great!

btw I identified the drivers from the parade pics the other day, so no rush on that one...  Roll Eyes
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 08:45:13 pm »

Glad to hear you gave the T/A a good caning around the circuit PM.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: