Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 07:18:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife Problem  (Read 6866 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:28:58 pm »

I have been going to La Sarthe every year since 1992 with the wifes' blessing. She has always said she wasn't interested in Le Mans as it couldn't be as spectacular as F1 (poor dissalutioned soul). Now, thanks to TV coverage of the LMES she has suddenly seen the light and has mentioned comeing next year. Bloody hell guys what am I going  to do , any suggestions ? Thanks a lot Motors TV you don't know what a theat to my marriage you have caused .

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 01:34:03 pm »

Easy you go to LM, and then arrange to take her to Spa or the likes later in the year. Therefore you still have your passout for the boys but get to do another event as well.. Undecided Undecided

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 01:43:46 pm »

Good idea Abs but that would mean I would to go and endure Bernie's circus.Right now I will consider anything to preserve the lads annual fun fest.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 02:06:06 pm »

I have a feeling I have the same problem - after telling her I was talking to Herbert & McNish she wants to meet them too.

So I told her she can come to pre-qual but not to June. She seems happy enough with that
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 02:57:36 pm »

Just pick on the most god-awful habits that she hates, tell her they are many-fold worse in LM, and there you go.  Mine cant stand the thought of all those sober sensible gentlemen, dressed sensibly, and behaving themselves.  Wink But she does like the cars.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 03:13:21 pm »

Maybe I could buy her one of Gilles MB tickets for 11 June and plead ignorance.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 03:20:11 pm »

Good idea Abs but that would mean I would to go and endure Bernie's circus.Right now I will consider anything to preserve the lads annual fun fest.

I think Abs meant for you to take her to  one of the 1000km LMES races next year, i.e. the one at Spa!  Wink
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 03:22:03 pm »

I have a feeling I have the same problem - after telling her I was talking to Herbert & McNish she wants to meet them too.

So I told her she can come to pre-qual but not to June. She seems happy enough with that

So what are you going to do Smokie, let her come to Pre Quals and then send her home while you stay in France for two weeks waiting for the main event?  Grin

Or have the new dates/plans ruined your plan?  Sad
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 05:29:46 pm »

Just pick on the most god-awful habits that she hates, tell her they are many-fold worse in LM, and there you go.  Mine cant stand the thought of all those sober sensible gentlemen, dressed sensibly, and behaving themselves.  Wink But she does like the cars.

I think you may have something there gibberish... I get away with the fact that her indoors doesn't do camping... throw in a few tails of sanitary woe and Bob is indeed married to your mothers sister.  Roll Eyes

...or "It's Franks Camper van and there's only room for the 5 of us lads, and another vehicle would simply cost us far too much on the ferry"  Sad

...or "Did I ever tell you what happened to Phil's misses's the year she braved it..."  Roll Eyes

...or "The initiation ceremony for the trip involves drinking 10 pints and stretching your scrote over your head...do that and you're in!"  Roll Eyes

...or "No. Now why aren't you in the kitchen."  Grin

...(if I tried that last one though, I wouldn't be able to complete the initiation ceremony either!!)  Shocked

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 05:46:34 pm »

I have been going to La Sarthe every year since 1992 with the wifes' blessing. She has always said she wasn't interested in Le Mans as it couldn't be as spectacular as F1 (poor dissalutioned soul). Now, thanks to TV coverage of the LMES she has suddenly seen the light and has mentioned comeing next year. Bloody hell guys what am I going  to do , any suggestions ? Thanks a lot Motors TV you don't know what a theat to my marriage you have caused .

send her to camp petrol-slut - we'll take care of her  Grin

A ferrari can't run on glue
Felix
CA Veteran

I'm a fryer!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 06:19:30 pm »

I find being married to a fish-wife is really usefull.

I can get away to Le Mans each year in the chip van, earn a fortune flogging battered sausage and curry sauce to pissed Brits, and do a bit of trading in duty free fags and gin as well.

Meanwhile, the fish-wife is at home hand rolling the saveloys and filleting the special Sellafield haddock - plus she has to keep an eye on the cat because the little bastard tried to run away to sea last year.

Get 'em while they're hot.......they're lurvly
ian murat
CA Veteran

mozilla firefox

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 06:40:02 pm »

just tell her its been cancelled this year

when the time comes to go just say

"i'm poping out for a pint with the lads luv see you later"

and don't go home for several days

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 06:49:26 pm »

Just tell het it's an obligation to go for the full Monty, leave on the fourth and after Qually-Sunday stare at an empty race track for 10 days in a row. That will teach her  Angry

Grin
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 06:51:55 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 09:17:13 pm »

Most effective line is to tell her that there is nowhere on the campsite to plug in a hairdryer Wink

Second wheeze is take her to silverstone LMES, not notice thats she's wearing sandels not sensible shoes, and then walk round the entire circuit. When the resulting blisters are being discussed, a mention that you walk 5 times further at LM cools any desire to go.

The classic is more wife and family friendly, and as it's 2 years away she might change her mind by then.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 11:52:59 am »

I would always go with the honesty approach........

"NO, YOU CAN'T COME. I WANT TO ENJOY MYSELF"

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: