Club Arnage
June 28, 2024, 08:33:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how much for the ferry crossings?  (Read 5744 times)
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2004, 09:59:40 am »

Elsewhere there are comments about saving cash but what sort of money are you being quoted. This year we paid £156 Pompey to cherbourg and return from Le Havre. this included a recliner in club for both overnight journeys. Out on the Wednesdayn night back the following Monday night. There were 14 cars so we got a good deal but this year they are quoting us £340 for a Pompey Le Havre return on the same dates with more cars in the group.

Prices please and with whom

Does it really only have full throttle
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 11:28:57 am »

P&O website quoted me £344 yesterday for Portmouth Cherbourg (out Wed night, back Monday lunchtime) with inside cabin for four, going, and club seats for the return.

Same site quoted £90.16 fro Dover Calais out on Thursday, back on Monday.

Can't get a quote for Newhaven Dieppe or Pompy Caen.  Schedules dont seem to exist yet.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 03:06:32 pm »

From grim experience the ferry companies always seem to speak with forked tongue about prices before April/May.

Last year I got Pompey-le Havre for £110 two people, 1 MG Midget. Club class both ways. Booked April and I had thought I was leaving it late but it worked out.

This year I had to go Dover Calais for about £90+ hours of extra driving both sides of the channel. Trying for Pompey again next time...

Bill Wink
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 03:07:21 pm by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 03:48:04 pm »

Well I checked the P&O site & Speedferries & neither would give me a quote for 2005 crossings yet!!
(Note to self: must be more organised than last year...)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 08:33:07 pm »

Just tickets are already doing a wait list for most campsites Huh

And wont take bookings for Houx Annexe

Take life by the horns and live it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 10:29:52 pm »

Just tickets are already doing a wait list for most campsites Huh

And wont take bookings for Houx Annexe
bl**dy hell, have they only booked 20 tickets per site themselves? Shocked

As for crossings, it's always worth checking on the Shuttle. I went to Goodwood last year, and got a return ticket for about 80 quid. But you have to book in plenty of time.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 11:07:16 am »

Well I checked the P&O site & Speedferries & neither would give me a quote for 2005 crossings yet!!
(Note to self: must be more organised than last year...)

Got quotes on the P&O web site yesterday, for the route I was looking at it was £200 for the 11/12 weekend, and £114 for the w/end of 18/19.

Was tempted to take a chance on an early booking but didn't cos they wanted cash up front , no refund for cancellation and a charge for amendmants. Also they are quoting the off peak schdule for w/end 18/19, this year they ran the other time table for LM week, which is very different, especially for the fast cat from Caen.

P&O ought to look at Brittany ferries web site to see how it should be done, drives me potty every time I log onto P&O.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 10:17:49 pm »

Prices please and with whom

Looked on P&O web site on Sunday, PO-Cherbourg (Wed) and Le Havre-Portsmouth Monday eve.  Car + trailer and 4 people, no cabins or extras, quote was

for w/e of 11/12  £256
for w/e of 18/19  £211

Couldn't book it for varios reasons until Tuesday, when I found that some 'on-the-ball' person at P&O had realised the change of date for LM 2005, and these prices were reversed.  This means that there is a price hike of 21%+ for LM weekend, and that 2 day delay cost us 45 quid!  I did write to them a few years back about the hike for LM weekend, and the reply was 'it is not our policy to rook the Le Mans travellers' - could have fooled me!

Can't make a direct comparison with last year as we have for the last few years taken the fastcraft, but this year they will not allow even small trailers on them, but the cost last year was £259 for similar sailings ie out Wed and back Mon eve.

C'est la vie - if you want to go, you have to pay the fares.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
ian murat
CA Veteran

mozilla firefox

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 11:27:18 pm »

fast cat po to caen out friday back monday is £339 which is f' exspensive considering last year i'd the whole thing including accom' for less

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 10:03:40 am »

P&O have annouced 1200 job losses and the closure of some routes.
Check here for the story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3696126.stm

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 04:03:21 pm »

Apparently Brittany ferries are taking over the Le Havre run, will involve price increases no doubt, but I prefer Le Havre, there's a parking area specifically for "camping cars" by the terminal building, so we can use the cheap afternoon out/morning return crossings  Grin

Just read the other thread now, so was a bit behind with my post,  Roll Eyes ne'ermind  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 04:08:55 pm by skorpio » Logged
mgb1975
CA Veteran

I'm a llama, get me out of here!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 03:38:55 pm »

I used Transmanche last year from Newhaven to Dieppe. Car with three passengers was £40 return for the Le Mans weekend. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the big names do, but the boat has food and beer, and it didn't sink. That was all I wanted, and for the price I was well chuffed!

I booked late, too - February or March I think. They don't get as over-subscribed as the big-name boats. Will be using them again this year, without doubt.

Edit - worth noting that the £40 was on a special 3-day return deal, but I still reckon they're the cheapest going...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 03:56:32 pm by mgb1975 » Logged
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 11:55:36 pm »

I used Transmanche last year from Newhaven to Dieppe. Car with three passengers was £40 return for the Le Mans weekend. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the big names do, but the boat has food and beer, and it didn't sink. That was all I wanted, and for the price I was well chuffed!

I booked late, too - February or March I think. They don't get as over-subscribed as the big-name boats. Will be using them again this year, without doubt.

Edit - worth noting that the £40 was on a special 3-day return deal, but I still reckon they're the cheapest going...

I thought they were ok too, I used them earlier in the year....it's only a boat after all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: