Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:38:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans 2004  (Read 14130 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2004, 01:15:23 pm »

JPC - Dave's on the road today. In his absence, his condo is in Keystone CO, way up in the Rockies, great for trout fishing in summer and the bollocks for skiing in winter (Wealthy bastard!)

Not a million miles away though. Fantastic area. We stayed in Glenwood Springs for a couple of nights. My brother in law goes skiing at Copper Mountain!
Fax
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2004, 02:03:28 pm »

Morning Guys,
Phil, wish you could make it, always good fun catching up with you.
I'll sink a few Warstarters for ya.  I'm heading over to Indy Thursday night, Dave and I will down a few cold ones then hit the bricks early friday morning.  Matt, looking forward to this enormously.  The weather forecast looks great. Here's the latest entry update, notice two Champion Audi's.
John

http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm?h=/2003/events/petitlemans04/header.htm&p=/2003/events/petitlemans04/petitentrylist.cfm
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2004, 02:38:53 pm »

Thanks for the good wishes Phil - it's a shame you can't be there - always great to see you.
Fax, Dave - check out the Cirtek drivers. Andrew Kirkaldy is my boss's Formula Renault team manager - I need to make some calls, but I feel there could be some Ferrari hospitality in the pipeline....
I'll call you after I've made a trans-atlantic enquiry.
See you guys in Atlanta on Friday.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2004, 06:01:18 pm »

Now theres temptation for you.....how much do you think I would have to pay the missus to allow me to go to Atlanta for the Petit??

Shocked

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2004, 09:43:57 pm »

Now theres temptation for you.....how much do you think I would have to pay the missus to allow me to go to Atlanta for the Petit??

Shocked

I'm leaving Orlando at around 10.00am on Friday morning Brad. I've been looking for a co-driver to share the 'sprint' up to Hotlanta in my C5 - tell the ol' ball & chain that you're just nipping out for a paper and some wine gums. We'll be back Sunday early pm.
Come on - who wears the trousers in your house, anyway???

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2004, 11:29:24 am »

>:(The disappointment is unbearable - we dont fly into the states until about 1pm on Friday - Damm and Bugger!!  :-(

See you at a gig soon?
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2004, 11:30:50 am »

Whilst you're here Matt, I'm going to Hi-Jack the thread - could I have a weather report from the Front Line in Florida??  

I Fly out on Friday - arriving at about 1pm.....

Are there race meetings worth attending in the 10 days we will be there other than the Petit??

Cheers
Brad

See you at a gig soon?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2004, 02:58:44 pm »

Whilst you're here Matt, I'm going to Hi-Jack the thread - could I have a weather report from the Front Line in Florida??  

I Fly out on Friday - arriving at about 1pm.....

Are there race meetings worth attending in the 10 days we will be there other than the Petit??

Cheers
Brad

Weather's currently very agreeable Brad, but quite changeable, due to tropical storm activity in the Atlantic. Forecast for this weekend is high 80's with afternoon t-storms. Frances is still lurking out north of the Bahamas and might just be a threat, but other than that - just bring your sunscreen and drinking boots.
It's a shame about the Petit, it is a memorable event. Other stuff going on while you are here will be restricted to dirt/flat track, clubman drag racing and that kind of event.
Have you visited this part of the US before? Let me know if you need anything booking, or are out of ideas for a day out that doesn't involve the f**k*ng mouse, or you fancy meeting-up for a few cold ones.
Regards
Matt  

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2004, 02:50:37 pm »

erm...... sorry to do this to you Brad, Snoring Rhino and entourage, but check-out www.noaa.gov It would appear that Hurricane Frances is now a significant threat to central FL after all.
Thankfully, I'm getting the hell out of Dodge and scooting up to Road Atlanta for the Petit - and leaving my family and home to fend for themselves. (I did take the precaution of replacing the flashlight batteries, so they should be fine).
Whilst packing, you might wish to include bagged ice, candles, water purification tablets, sandbags, anti-malaria medication and weapons sufficient to repel looters.
Welcome to paradise!
Seriously - I'd check with the airline, as one of the first precautions has been to close OIA if the last two storms are an indicator.
Good luck.
Matt  

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2004, 05:10:49 pm »

What am I on about? Hurricane Jeanne - not Frances - they all kind of bend into each other after a while. Though it is kinda cute that they give them such innocuous names. I'd be tempted to give them monikers like "Total Devastation" and "You're f**ked".

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2004, 06:33:05 pm »

This hurricane season is getting out of control, what with reporters being sucked off and hammered from behind I'm beginning to wonder just what kind of weather's coming next. I'm sure that I saw a CNN reporter describing getting a good old rogering doggy fashion behind the mens toilets. Or maybe that was another program.
Hope the race goes well lads, and steer a straight course, you don't want to get blown off and lose a butt plug.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2004, 07:32:01 pm »

Both Dyson Lolas are in front after the Thursday practice, then one Champion Audi, the Creation Zytec on fourth and the second Champion car on fifth. Then Intersport, Miracle, Autocon and Intersport. The Corvettes lead the GTS class, then Viper, Saleen, Lambo.
Have a nice one...

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2004, 07:35:04 pm »

Thanks guys - it's a great venue and always an eventful race - catch it on the tube if you can't be there.

Fax
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2004, 08:05:44 pm »

Wohoo!  Ready to head south and watch some rac'in.
If you go to www.americanlemans.com Oliver Gavin will be doing a live chat at 5:00 PM EST.
Matt, see ya in Atlanta!
John
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: