Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 09:23:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans 2004  (Read 14097 times)
Fax
« on: August 25, 2004, 04:30:14 am »

Okay guys, one month to go before the 1000 mile blast through the Georgia countryside.  How many takers do we have coming down south y'all?  In just its seventh year this event has become one of the can't-miss events for sportscar racing fans.  As well as making historic memories in its own right, this autumn classic brings back the glorious atmosphere of similar autumn weekends spent in upstate New York.  Can't think of a better way to say goodbye to summer.  Phil! You making the trip down to Dixie?
Matt, check out www.roadatlanta.com we may have a place to park the Vette for the weekend, that Corvette corral looks pretty cool.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 05:06:41 am »

Hi Fax,
          Top of my wish list for sure. usual problem of money. I will make it if at all possible. Stay tuned for developments.
Canada Phil
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 07:17:04 am »

Hope you can make it Phil.

I'm doing an insane Cannonball run from Indy (actually will fly back from Colorado, do the drive down and back, and then fly back to Colorado - don't ask why).  Should be pretty straight forward assuming we don't get jailed for high velocity nonsense.

Fax - I'm really looking forward to this one!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 08:27:11 pm »

Mentally preparing myself for the Petit Le Mans. Yes - I will be driving up to Road Atlanta on the Friday preceding the race. Corvette Club of FL are doing same - but I'm not keen on the 55mph caravan that the club tends to stick to, so I'll just take a V1 with me to alert me to the presence of the GA Highway Patrol on I-75.
I can't fit a coolbox in my car - will R2D2 fit in the Road Toad?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 03:01:56 am »

sh*t - this is one of the downsides of taking the cars - we have no beer storage capacity.  I can fit a cooler, but an R2 might be a bit of a tall order.  How did we deal with this 2 last time when you came up and we drove down?

Doesn't look like we have any UK takers for September.  Anyone US based heading to GA?
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:26:17 pm »

I thought you squeezed R2D2 into the legless dwarf seats on the way down from Indian-no-place last time - and we transferred it to Truckosaurus when we met up.
I have a shitty Polar-Roller coolbox (plaggie wheels) that might lay on it's side (therefore empty) in the trunk of my car, but that will leave prcious little room for folding chairs and (God forbid) tent and bags.
Given the early kick-off home after the race on Sunday, I really would prefer a hotel to a tent on Saturday night.....
I still have a shotgun seat available if anyone on CA fancies having their eyeballs flattened, blasting up to Brasleton GA from Orlando.
Big H has taken it under advisement, but ain't sure if he can make the dates work while he's in God's own country.
The offer's there if anyone fancies a killer weekend - and the best venue in the ALMS calendar.....

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 04:00:38 am »

Hi Matt & Dave, What a hell of a concept"Taking Cars to a Motor Race" Shocked Huh Roll Eyes I had a cooler  from Costco that had wheels and was colapseable. Worked quite well. Folded compact enough to go as carry on lugage.
Canada Phil
Fax
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 04:17:50 am »

Hi Guys
Matt, I think we just had a couple of the little carry-along coolers last time.  We may have had a larger "base" cooler in the back of Big Red.  Its unlikely that R2 will fit in the Porsche, it probably sits too high to fit under the bonnet.
Phil, you gotta make it down, I promise to bring some Warstarters along. Can't wait for this.
John
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 05:29:20 pm »

Hi Matt & Dave, What a hell of a concept"Taking Cars to a Motor Race" Shocked Huh Roll Eyes I had a cooler  from Costco that had wheels and was colapseable. Worked quite well. Folded compact enough to go as carry on lugage.
Canada Phil

Fair cop Phil - but as you know, we tend to take a fair quantity of 'supplies' to these races. R2D2 is a little bulky, but very appropriate for enduro's like the Petit. Last time around, I drove up to RA in my Ram 1500 (practical but pretty utilitarian) and you ripped me ("Youve got a Corvette and you drove up in this?") - which just goes to prove that you can't win with you Canadian types!
We deffo had a drag-along last time - Fax - did you bring it with you - or has my Altzheimers come back???

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 06:20:49 pm »

There's no way an R2 is going to fit in the back of my car.  I too think we had a smaller drag along for the home base and handhelds.  Nothing like slumming it.

So Phil, you've not given us a definitive answer - are you coming or what?  We may need you to bail us out of jail in Tennessee on your way down.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 10:08:44 pm »

Of course, you could always park the pork and bring the Disco Very.....
hmmm.... 8 hours in a Landie, maybe not.
I'll see if I can fit my Polar Roller in my car. hand held coolers suck.
So- what's up Phil - are we seeing you there or what?
Someone needs to contact Stoney. Do you have an e-mail address or phone number for him Dave?
Just for info, we ended up camped next to thes guys at Le Mans, who were from Deltona FL (about 25 miles from where I live - how ridiculous is that?) one of whom (Stoney) did the most AWESOME impressions of sports racing cars. This dude was un-frickin'-believable - his impressions of a Panoz, 962, Pug 905 and McLaren F1 could earn him a good living.
I know he's going to the Petit, because he invited us to his Lobster barby....

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 09:15:48 pm »

Can I make a suggestion ?

Take the sports cars ..............

............and drink WARM beer  Shocked

Steve East Anglian cobras

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 10:05:54 pm »

Hi Steve,
with the greatest of respect, your suggestion is 50% logical and reasonable - and 50% utter abomination, for which you should be soundly flogged with birch twigs.

Warm beer is a terrible, terrible suggestion Steve. Normally, you are lucid, constructive and humorous. This is a downright disgrace. Bad form - shame on you.

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 10:35:24 pm »

I'd convert my car into a mobile fridge before I went on a warm weekend!  Last time I did that was LM 1990 - staggering around the track with warm Heinekens in my pockets.  Roaring Jags and I didn't give a sh*t - it was filthy, nasty and never to be repeated.  I'll never forget swigging one of those boiling hot little green bastards on the pit straight at the end of the race and vowing never to be in that position again.

No, we'll take the cars - we'll just find a way to have cold Nigerian.
Fax
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 01:42:05 pm »

Warm beer? Jesus you've got to be kidding!  The only time I've ever drank warm beer in my life was at Le Mans in 1996 when we were reduced to drinking warm Kronenberg dumpies on Sunday, I was gagging with each sip. At race tracks over here, ice is too readily available to ever have to sink to those depths.
Dave, perhaps we can pull R2 behind us and see just how sturdy those lawn mower wheels really are.
John
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: