Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 11:33:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone LMES on TV  (Read 3658 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2004, 01:58:33 pm »

It's a bit late in the day I know but for those interested ITV's Speed Sunday programme today are doing a piece on last weeks LMES event at Silverstone. Probably won't amount to much but some coverage is better than nothing.

The programme starts at 13:25pm.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:56:50 am »

Very disappointing coverage, a couple of interviews and five minutes of the race. It's a pity that sportscar racing is not as boring as Bernie's bi-weekly procession, perhaps then we could expect half decent TV coverage.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 01:55:39 pm »

Get Sky.

The whole race was shown live (as all LMES races have been), and subsequently an edited highlights has been shown several times.  Same for all ALMS races.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
SteveZarse
CA Veteran

Probably the best llama in the world

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 02:42:23 pm »

What channel's that DelBoy Huh

TEAM ZARSE - It's our pleasure!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 03:29:02 pm »

Usually Motors TV, channel 413.  Some I think have been on Eurosport.

For example, Hour and a half highlightd of Road America ALMS being shown about 10 times over the next week on 413.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 03:29:46 pm »

I asked the wife to record the race from Motors TV while I was at Silverstone, big mistake. She never did master the VCR So she had no bloody chance with a DVD recorder. Never mind she does iron a mean shirt.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 04:29:07 pm »

I watched a very shortened version of the LMS Endurance at Silverstone this weekend on Speed TV.  Too bad about Zytec, they were on a roll.  Even the Taurus Caterpiller was chugging along.  Didn't look like many people attended.  
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 10:41:19 pm »

I watched a very shortened version of the LMS Endurance at Silverstone this weekend on Speed TV.  Too bad about Zytec, they were on a roll.  Even the Taurus Caterpiller was chugging along.  Didn't look like many people attended.  

Hello John from here in sunny South Wales.  Yes you are right, not very many people did attend (by comparison to La Sarthe anyway) but those who did had a good time and saw a good race - see separate thread for comments: http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2445

The Zytek was very impressive and quick. Hopefully they will continue and have better luck in future. Certainly can give the Audis a run for their money. The Rollcentre boys also put on a good effort.

As for the Taurus Caterpillar it retired - probably worn glow plugs or something.

For me the alternative fuel thing is much better represented by the bio-ethanol brigade - too many particulates and other nasty stuff coming from the exhaust of a diesel powered vehicle for my liking. And anyway a sportscar, whatever the fuel source, should sound like a sportscar, not a Hoover.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 06:49:22 pm »

Also, SKY Sports does a programme on Monday night, repeated every day of the other sports channels, called

World Motorsport, is 3 hours long and they love the Sportscars racing. NO F1 on it AT ALL.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: