Club Arnage
June 28, 2024, 08:07:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold onto your hat Matt!  (Read 20239 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2004, 05:14:54 am »

For fucks sake!
It looks like we're going to get hammered again!

http://www.hurricanealley.net/Storms/06L.html

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2004, 10:58:40 am »

I know Matt, I've been keeping an eye on it as well:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W+GIF/251453W.gif

(if that doesn't work it's the 3-day forecast track on:

http://community-2.webtv.net/ltursi/LOUSWEATHERWATCH/

No-one minds a draught, but this could give you more than a crick in the neck, and those poor mobile home salesmen were only just getting back on their feet.

I sat one of these out on an island whose highest point was 4m above sea level, and I think that was a bit of fly tipping. Only one guy drowned. Best of luck mate, get the deep sea diving boots ready for Saturday, it's the only way to get down to the bar in a gale. Read this one fellas, it makes you thankful for those wet bank holiday weekends.

http://www.centerpointenergy.com/files/105517_Hurricane_Aware_Media_Guide_03.pdf

I'm going to have to catch up with CA, I've missed a few weeks. Christ knows what happened, it just went dark, and then it was September.
H
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 11:03:55 am by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Fax
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2004, 06:29:38 pm »

Hi Matt,
Looks like Francis is a big f**k*r too!  Another run to Home Depot in the cards?  From the models I've seen its either going to head right at you or chug up the coast and clobber the outer banks of North Carolina, it wouldn't be the first time they got pasted either, I've got a buddy who was in Kitty Hawk the last time one re-profiled the beaches.  Hold down the fort buddy, I'll see you in a few weeks in Georgia.
John
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2004, 12:23:43 pm »

Holy sh*t Lord, have mercy on the locals. A category 4 is a big'un, and it's heading straight for Matts house, see below:
H

* 011008W.gif (28.46 KB, 895x716 - viewed 152 times.)

johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2004, 02:20:18 pm »

I can't believe Florida is going to be hammered again in less than a month.  What a disaster, some folks are just getting the electricity back on and cleaning up from the last mess and here it comes again.  I saw that some local aide agencies here is Texas are packing up trucks and vans to head to Florida to help out.  The news people said there is a real problem evacuating the coastal area down there because there is no place to go in Florida because of workers, volunteers, and the displaced living in all the motel/hotels all over the state.  As large as Frances is, it will cover several states with a lot of rain, flooding and damage.  No where to run, what a mess.  Our prayers are with all of you down there.  
Fax
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2004, 02:42:28 pm »

She's going to douse most of the midwest once she peters-out into a big thunderstorm.  We're supposed to get soaked clear up here in southwest Ohio sometime Monday night-Tuesday from whats left of her. Florida, Georgia and the Carolina's are going to get whalloped.
John
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2004, 06:49:27 pm »

Good Luck MAtt Shocked

Take life by the horns and live it.
Fax
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2004, 08:49:50 pm »

They are now saying that Frances is going to be worse than Andrew (which was the most destructive in US history)
Over a million people have been ordered to avacuate.  This is really damn serious.
John
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2004, 10:11:16 pm »

I'm struggling with the concept of having to go through this again. I couldn't even leave if I wanted to now - all the interstates north are clogged with evacuated coastal residents. They are predicting landfall between West Palm Beach and Cape Canaveral - predicted storm surge is 13-18 feet. It's track takes it directly over metro Orlando and then continuing NW towards Tallahassee. Scarily, it's gigantic and slow moving - so we are expecting 130mph winds for up to 7 hours and 20" of rain in 24 hours. I'm really not sure if my home's structure, particularly the roof, will be able to take a f**k*ng-over like that.
Stuff like this never happened when I lived in Shipley...........  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2004, 08:10:15 am »

This doesn't sound good. All the best of luck Matt.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Fax
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2004, 03:16:45 pm »

Some good and bad news on the Frances front.  The good news is that she's been down-graded to a cat 3 hurricane, she's now packing ONLY 128 mph winds.  The bad news is that she's slowed to a 9 mph crawl, which means she's spending alot more time over any particular area dumping rain and pelting with wind.  Also the longer she spends over the ocean, the better the chance of her picking up more punch, the warm sea air feeding it.
Hang in there Matt & Pidge.
John
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2004, 04:13:19 pm »

Have you checked out Ivan, following hot on Frances's heels...
H

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2004, 07:16:20 pm »

Stuff like this never happened when I lived in Shipley...........  

They also sell mushy peas with fish and chips in the Wilds of West Yorkshire

Take life by the horns and live it.
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2004, 01:34:08 am »

Looks like it's one after another at the moment Not good! Hope everyone caught up in this is ok and good luck!

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2004, 09:59:53 am »

http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=100753  Shocked

Not a lot of fun to be had in these situations and I wish everyone well, but this guy has a few problems now.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: