Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 07:27:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer Mountain Competition  (Read 12170 times)
rcutler
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 06:34:09 pm »

Here was our attempt this year. We drank everything we bought so perfect planning plus spent the whole day on Friday in Le Mans.

Thanks for Dan taking the picture.

* lemons_beermountain.jpg (113.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 183 times.)
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 07:28:47 pm »

This is our attempt with beer!

BTW the way Micheal is about 7ft tall!!

Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 07:35:31 pm »

try try again

give up ......................try later

Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2004, 01:01:20 am »

Here was our attempt this year. We drank everything we bought so perfect planning plus spent the whole day on Friday in Le Mans.

Thanks for Dan taking the picture.

Thats quite alright... although drinking everything we bought still makes me feel we didn't buy enough!  Roll Eyes Grin

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
Fax
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 06:31:24 am »

I can't help but get stuck into this....

What's the point of building a beer bottle hill?
Sorry but this is pointless.  Is this the reason you travelled to France? To build the biggest pile of rubbish.  To put it bluntly, a big pile of garbage would qualify you as a first class hillbilly, red-neck over here.  NASCAR fans do this, not racing fans. Holy Sheep sh*t!  You'z  boyz ever been ta Dega?
Don't ever make fun of the "Good ole' boy's" again, they have enough sense to pick up their trash.
John

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 10:13:35 am »

From my travels in the States, my experience is a lot of the usual Miller / Bud / Pabst / type beers come in cans.

I suppose a Can Mountain is not quite so practical and doesn't look the same when illuminated.

Furthermore, you don't see this kind of thing in the UK for the same reason (although a Theakstons Old Peculiar mountain would be a fine achievement).

I suppose it's one of those LM conundrums.  You drink a load of bottled beer, casually tossing your empties into an untidy pile.
Man the builder and creator of fine buildings and structures decides to make some kind of pyramid from them.  This happens in all of the campsites and is not limited to people of Anglo Saxon extract, the Danes are particularly good at it....

....but then, LEGOLAND is Denmark’s No. 1 tourist attraction.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 10:25:43 am »

plus its always very entertaining watchin fellow lemansers 'trying' there hardest not to topple their beer mountain, whilst most of the time being very drunk

Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2004, 12:02:38 pm »

Don't ever make fun of the "Good ole' boy's" again, they have enough sense to pick up their trash.

If I recall correctly after taking that photo we but all the bottles in boxes and put them in the bin.

Take my advice and relax a bit.... geez

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2004, 12:26:43 pm »

I can't help but get stuck into this....

What's the point of building a beer bottle hill?
Sorry but this is pointless.  Is this the reason you travelled to France? To build the biggest pile of rubbish.  To put it bluntly, a big pile of garbage would qualify you as a first class hillbilly, red-neck over here.  NASCAR fans do this, not racing fans. Holy Sheep sh**t!  You'z  boyz ever been ta Dega?
John

I agree Fax. Furthermore, perhaps you can tell me what's the point of anything? Ever.

The eternal hopelessness of the human condition is a real bummer.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2004, 01:41:19 pm »

I knew I could start some sh*t with that remark last night.  Morning all.  Actually over here its all about building the biggest campfire (some get a bit out of hand from time to time) Most motor racing campsites over here allow fires so when the race is over and you've gone home everything you brought back stinks of smoke.  
John
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2004, 01:41:25 pm »

I can recognise a call for help from a member of my flock when I hear one.
First of all Andy, get that Smiths CD off now, and don't put it on again. I suspect that maybe you've installed the Dada engine, but it's thrown a cucumber, and you've started to spiral towards that black hole that's full of God and ghosts and truth.
Verily, go forth to Silverstone this weekend and get a little of what you fancy.
Don't drink gin.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2004, 01:48:51 pm »

Morning Fax, you're up with the larks this lovely day of the Lord.
In fact, I've never seen any signs at LM prohibiting bonfires, mind you, I've never seen any actually encouraging them either, though I think we could be onto something here, and for some reason the phrase 'dental records' has popped uninvited into my head.
I like the idea of returning home smelling like a spud that's been in the fire for for a day or two though. In fact I like the idea of coming home smelling of anything other than what I usually do.
Careful with the paracetamol John...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Fax
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2004, 02:11:32 pm »

Morning H,
Ugh!  Could use some paracetamol this morning.  Went to the Reds vs Dodgers game last night and got thoroughly pissed, hence the came home, got on the forum and went into belligerent Fax mode. Hope I didn't offend anyone...just doing my part as the ugly American.  Tired and hungover...
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 03:40:52 pm »

so who's up for creating a mound of empty carling cans on saturday night at silverstone then?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 03:52:40 pm »

so who's up for creating a mound of empty carling cans on saturday night at silverstone then?

Quiet a few of us Grin, but would prefer Stella tins

Are you and Rick on the campsite?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: