Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 06:16:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Annexe 2005  (Read 3097 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2004, 10:43:34 am »

Bad news re this site.

Over the last few years there have been various suggestions that it is going to be built on, well it seems pretty certain that this will go ahead next year.

Should this be the case what are the other options? Karting Nord seems the next home for us.

Maybe Gilles or someone at the classic could confirm what is going on.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 12:34:32 pm »

Well that really would be a pain, I've already booked my tickets for Houx Annexe for next year? The ACO didn't mention it to me.

Everyone I know who stayed there says its a good place & I've enjoyed my time there.

If we can get firm news on this I will have to change my booking!!

Ken Breadstick
CA Veteran

Helga!! remove your clothes....slowly...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 02:07:46 pm »

I would be suprised if the whole of Houx Annex was built on. After the 2002 race the rumour was that it was going to be built on but the actual result was that big Dome building near the front of the Mulsanne Straight. Any building would probably only take away a small part of the site, otherwise where are all the people who camp there going to go??

ACO are not going to give up the revenues gained from all the people camping on Houx Annex (camp site tickets & race entry tickets). Another rumour from a few years back was that there would be a camp site near the viewing part of the Porshce Curves...this turned out to be Beujoaus site but would they extend that to the outside of the Porsche Curves?? That would ensure that to get to view from there you would have to get a race ticket.

The Spyker Rules!!
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 02:19:58 pm »

Another rumour from a few years back was that there would be a camp site near the viewing part of the Porshce Curves...this turned out to be Beujoaus site but would they extend that to the outside of the Porsche Curves?? That would ensure that to get to view from there you would have to get a race ticket.
Actually that reminds me, there was some building work going on on the inside of the Porsche Curves, it looked like there were proper water pipes being laid, as if it was going to be a spot for motorhomes. I hope thats what this is!!

Guess they won't build into too much of the campsite if they do need to, just have less people there & more out of the way at BJ & the like Sad

Where did you hear all this Nordic??
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 06:15:26 pm »

I'm sure the aco would be unwilling to give up any income form camping, however the annexe site is not owned by them if the info I heard is correct, therefore they have little control over the use and proposed expansion of the tecnopark.

Like you I have also booked the annexe and have not been told that it may be built on, but this knowing the past record of the aco and camping passes this should not surprise anyone!

As a back up we have made plans for another site to avoid being dumped in basejour or another new site still more remote, if the info proves correct.

Having said all that, it is nothing more than a rumour at present, and lets face it we have heard it before, which is why I posted it here in the hope of more info.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: