Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:22:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Stand  (Read 3045 times)
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2004, 02:55:41 pm »

Following on from the 'How Did the ACO do (tickets) ' thread I think we might have some stand tickets for next year.

Last time we did stands (the year the Porsche that was a Jag won) we had ACO ones, fab loos and nice to be able to watch the pits however I'd value other peoples opinions on which are the best.

It's a big bonus to be able to watch track action on the big tellies, there is one opposite the Dunlop Chicane stand where else can you see one from?  Presumably you can see the one by the final chicane from the southern most end of the pits grandstand, or can you? Who is this telly aimed at (metaphorically  and literally), the pit crews?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 03:29:36 pm »

We had seats in the Sommer grandstand which was opposite the Nasamax / WR / Morgan pits.
Directly opposite the stand is a large TV screen.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 04:37:22 pm »

Maison Blanche Campsite  Grin Grin

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 04:59:19 pm »

Sommer, that's top end of the pits isn't? Is that the telly behind the Parc Ferme area where the cars get chucked after the race?  I'd forgotten about that one.

Am I right in thinking that all stands are now covered?
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 05:10:11 pm »

Best stands we have used are the Michelin one's. A couple of years ago it was lashing it down and we were tucked up in the back row so keeping dry, you could see the people in the stands above the pits moving back as the rain just drove in.

Another nice touch that year was that the Bentley pits were dead opposite us.

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 05:44:15 pm »

We've been in stand 19 Lagache (used to be called Michelin) for the last few years.  This is the one next to the ACO stand, and you get a good view of most of the pits, and with a bit of twisting and turning, and binoculars, you can see both telly's.

As I have said in another thread, any main stand ticket will also get you into the ACO Welcome area in the village, and up to the top of the ACO block at the exit from the pit lane (after 6.00pm Sat).

As anno domini increases, you welcome the opportunity of a sit down to watch the track activity before and during the race!

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: