Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 05:43:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 tales and memories  (Read 42739 times)
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2004, 03:40:46 pm »

1. N138 holding on to the shirt tails of faster cars
2. seeing the twat in the porsche who cut me up get nicked
3. atmosphere - never in all the years as a track marshall or spectator have i experienced that
4. noise
5. the fact that at some points you could get so close you felt you could reach out and touch them
6. getting lost in Le Mans on the way home - visting a french housing estate much to the obvious amusement of the residents
7. getting soaked at one french village on the N138 through having the window down neat ambush - step in front of the car, make it stop, soak the occupants
8. beckham and his boyfriends loosing
9. weather, sun set, sun rise
10. beckham and his boyfriends loosing

and

just everything really, just a great event wish i'd done it years ago

Thanks for all the advice via the site

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 04:45:53 pm »

Christ! What can I say? Pretty much all been written already but here are a few personal faves:

1. Trip got off to a great start on Wednesday night when we all met up in a pub near Fareham and I suffered terrible diarrhoea whilst standing at the bar waiting to be served.
2. Slogging the guts out of the Commer for hours on end and marvelling how she kept coming back for more.
3. Friday madness at the Kroney pub, then a trip to the poo bar. Paul setting off a can of fart spray in a mate's tent. It was truly horrid and it was christened the Cat Sh it in a Can. Sorry for bringing it Wazza!
4. Seeing one of our lot get sooo lashed, he pissed himself then wandered around tumbling over every guyline on our site.
5. The hospitality of JPC, the SPS's, Dark Warrior, BigH and the L'pool boys and several other groups. Thanks for the beer and use of the swimming pool on sunday Brian. Did Ian get a piccy of my hilarious "Merry Christmas, Santa's here!" trick?
6. Meeting loads of really great people, fellow LM addicts all. Take too long to mention you all by name but I think I clocked just about all the regulars on here. Cheers buddies!
7. IMO the Poo Bar deserves a thread all on it's own. I have never before seen anything quite like it. We arrived a tadge early, at about 7.30 I think. Only Benji7 and his pals were there prior to us. Things degerated pretty quickly from there on in. I can't remember who I met and didn't meet but it was a wonderful night. Thanks go to Sav for the kind gift of a massive cigar and a lovely refreshing bottle of beer, called Erdington or something, on the label it said "One of the strongest beers in the world" 23 degrees proof! As if I needed it at that stage in proceedings! Chamon to the Petrol Slutz Girls and big up the Kiwi Swimmer in a chain mail bra for the entertainment value. Girls, I still have the opening chapter of War and Peace written on my arse and it won't wash off! I didn't know women like you existed, you're all top quality individuals. When I left at 3.30am, somewhat "over refreshed" there were still plenty of folk kicking around and the Poo Bar appeared to resemble Picasso's Guernica. Awsome!
8. Watching a fantastic motor race, what a finale! Johnny is a true star. Who else saw the Vettes at the finish turn the brake bias bar round to full forward, lock the fronts and then wheelspin it up the track to the huge annoyance of the marshalls?
8. Bumping into Uncle Albert just about everywhere I went, even on the boat home on Tuesday!

On reflection, we were away for six days and I can only remember about six hours. I think I must have pi ssed out billions of memory cells and I've still got terrible Hatties, I'm shaking like a three legged washing machine.

Thank God it's only once a year.

2005 - BRING IT ON!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2004, 04:57:05 pm »

Chamon to the Petrol Slutz Girls

CHAMON!!  Grin

p.s. try sandpaper  Wink

A ferrari can't run on glue
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2004, 05:18:26 pm »

Chamon to the Petrol Slutz Girls

CHAMON!!  Grin

p.s. try sandpaper  Wink

Are you mad?? (Actually, don't answer that one) Cheesy

Sandpaper?  Angry On what's left of my backside after a week on the sauce and chillihot food? I'd sooner pour battery acid on it.

There has to be a better way Huh

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2004, 06:30:22 pm »

Jesus H Christ!,
What a session, back in one piece, even if the components are not very well connected together. What the hell happened on Saturday night in the champagne bar? I remember looking around at one stage and it's no exaggeration to say it looked like a war zone. Earlier it had looked like a scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. There were body parts I'd rather not have seen, things no man should have to see. After far too much champagne (our small group managed more than 10 bottles!!) I vaguely remember trying a Grimbergen from the Harper Bros, I must have resembled a dog chewing a toffee. It was followed by a Guinness, which tasted like Spring Water by comparison. After further refreshments I headed back to MB to find the boys. That was when I was sucked into Grimpen Mire. I can think of no other explanation for the lost time and my appearance.
There are a lot of gaps, it's how to fill them in that's a problem. Stu, did we really drink a bottle of whiskey on Tuesday night?
Got to go, someone has doubled the number of keys on my keyboard, and they're not all in English.
Great to meet one and all, it all goes just too quickly.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2004, 06:46:20 pm »

I won't forget the helicopter that blew away our marquee and destroyed the beer tower on Wed afternoon in a hurry. However, fortunately the combined powers of CA, Carrefour, the Pope Mobile boys and the PC Pirates allowed us to recover from this one... Thanks to you all! I can't remember too much about the rest of the week, but once I have the photos I'm sure the memories will come flooding back!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2004, 07:05:49 pm »

Stu, did we really drink a bottle of whiskey on Tuesday night?

H

Can't remember but quite possible as Sav kept mentioning it next day. I have vague memories of a bizzare conversation. Have to admit though, that the Tuesday night drink set me up fine for the rest of the week.  Not one hang over, just immense bouts of dehydration in the heat. I think I drank enough to end a third world drought. And everytime I had a cup of coffee, I got caught of Brian Liverpool who then proceeded to hit me with the verbal ponce stick. I only drank about 10 cups in the whole week. I normally do that in a morning.

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2004, 07:07:07 pm »

Oh! a memory has just popped up (and I think I've a picture to prove it) -
Andy Zarse walking past me late on in the champagne bar, looking like a chameleon. You know, that trick with the eyes, where they rotate round and round and point independantly in different directions.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
petrolslut
CA Veteran

no rice for me thanks!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2004, 08:33:42 pm »

well, where to start.
3 nights & days in-between of cars, racing, drinking, hangovers, fun, = happy me.
to all that i met over the weekend - chamon.  Grin
can't believe we gotta wait a year til next one, but then again it may well take that long for me to recover!! more than worth it tho, got the battle scars to pove it!!! fantastic time all round.
to many moments to to list/ remember, but ALL brilliant.
thanks to Team B.O.L.L.O.X  &  all of yous whos paths we crossed.  
bring on Le Mans 2005!
 Wink

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2004, 10:16:56 pm »

1) Arriving Sunday evening and driving through the main gate without showing one single ticket.

2) Not remembering the end to Monday, being told that Uncle Albert put me to bed. Watching video evidence later.

3)Tuesday is just a blurr

4) Wed, start of qual, meeting up with Andy, Barry, Canada Phil, Gab, Sav, Big H, Dicko, Mark, Jayne and a lot more at terarouge bar, and walking home with a Stella umberella!

5) Thursday, my Birthday, 40 + people drinking until late,late at our camp site, doing fire blowing tricks with barbie fluid and some bloody good card tricks by Stu. Loads of beer and Scotch consumed.

6) Friday, John Evans3 arrived to be with us for the weekend as a virgin, loads more beer and scotch consumed.Great to hear the passion from John as he lived out his child hood dream of attending Le Man 24 hr, he was like a kid in a sweet shop.

7) Sat, Start of race watched from the ACO, Grand stand,Standing for the French anthem and being applauded by the French family who took up a full row behind us and sang with vigor. 1900, back to site quick shower and changed into CA T shirt, and off to the Poo bar, what a turn out that was and great to see so many CA, t shirts and the New Zealand swimming instructers nipples. JPC running after a scooter that was speeding away to make a good hit firmly on his helmet with a twats sticker well done Linford.

Cool Sunday, What a great finish to a great race, to be less than 1 minute between first and second was gob smacking.
Waved people off and had a silly pool time withe JPC and MR Zarse doing his impression of a Christmas rain deer with his private parts and a can of MR RS2's shaving foam.

9) Monday, backed up and departed at around 1300. Embarrassed

Would just like to say a big thank you to all that we met.Stu and crew, Smokie, Mark, Mark,Jayne ,Amy, Lewis ( Look after the Pengy or your a dead man boy. ) Gab, Canada Phil, John Evans3, Dark Warrior, Pretzle, JPC, Fat Lad, Pit bull,The New Zealand swimming instructor, R Cutler and Dad, Abs, The Leeds 3, Andy, Andy and Tig, Robbo ( thanks for the mug mate).PM, Sav, Uncle Albert, Dicko, Andy, Barry, Gilles, Andy and the The Zarse crew, Chris 24, MR & Mrs RS2.Most of the twats. Mr Toad and crew, The Black Grannies
One twat who visited briefly on Sunday morning who will remain nameless but knows who he was!

And if I have missed anyone it is because it was due the drunken haze that I was in.

Roll on 2005.
At the end of the race I turned to Ian and said well bud that's it for another year, Ian's reply was swift its not a year mate,it is  only 51 weeks as we always come down one week early remember.
That is the spirit of Le Mans and long may it continue.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2004, 11:34:30 am »

3 memories of 2005 that will remain with me till I fade away are:

1) Poo bar, what a night, for those of you who didn't make it, try again next year, you don't know what you are missing Grin Shocked Cool Tongue

2) What a great race

3) Meeting up with all the other CA's and putting names to faces.

Other fantastic memories:

Great Brethren party, thankyou Rusty and the lads & ladies for another night to remember, party on dudes.

Comedy moment of the year, this was a tie between the Ferrari pit crew trying to put the brake fire out, amid mucho continental waving of arms as one extinguisher after another failed to do the job, and the Hawiian Trollop lady boys Shocked, if any of you are reading this, respect for a great comic moment, the drivers seemed to be more intrested in you than the real thing.

Burnouts of the week go to the guy in the black Fiesta outside Bleu on Friday Cool, closely followed by a black audi at the same venue.

Pit crew of the race, all of them, with special mention to the guys who repaired the 2 Audi's and the Porsche #75 crew, lost count of how many punctures and damage that car had.

Most of all, after life returns to normal and the scars fade (note to be careful with gaz lamps next year) I will remember the friendliness and hospitality that CA's members show to old timers and virgins alike. Brits abroad? We ought to be proud of ourselves.

The pass for next years race is OKed, but the savings account is £5.94p, and the liver may be evil but it's accepted it's punishment and will recover.

Roll on 2005

R8KDJ
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2004, 12:38:37 pm »

Cool

We were first timers and OMG where to begin?  

Spending over 4 hours getting to the circuit from Cherbourg (over an hour of that was searching for our campsite, Beausejour!)  Round and round and round Le Mans town

Arriving at the campsite and finding a plot next to some great guys (Team Pigsbladder) and the guys on the other side of us being in the recovery position having competed in a knock out drinking comp with the Danes.

Watching sunrise on Saturday and Sunday morning with a drink still in my hand.  Waking up at 8am and declaring "BEER O'CLOCK"

Being asked the question "so what brings 4 young women to Le Mans?" about a million times from every guy we met.  hmmmm... I wonder... could it be the racing/atmosphere/beer/champagne/ratio of men to women

Watching the start from the start/finish, night racing at Arnage (sorry we didn't make it to the poo bar but we will def make it next year) and finish from a bar in the centre having got completely out of control on Champagne

Packing up on Monday and rocking out of the campsite with the Top Gun sound track "Danger Zone" blurring with my hand on the horn!  All we needed were our Aviator Raybans!

Meeting so many nice people!!!  A big thankyou to all the people we met, the pigsbladder.com guys for your kind hospitality!

Planning the trip for next year with more girlfriends!  Grin

R8KDJ
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2004, 12:46:27 pm »

Shocked  Also meant to add about the guys in the convertible cars and pick up trucks late on Sunday night, naked with the blow up dolls!  Have no idea what that was all about but it made us chuckle!!!

There are just so many memories from 4 days away it's impossible to mention them all.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 12:49:36 pm by R8KDJ » Logged
Lurker2004
CA Veteran

The wait is killing me!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2004, 12:48:37 pm »

Lots of great memories from LeMans 2004...
1. Only mamaged to get 85mph from our 'slug' of a camper  Undecided
2. Having a real laugh with our campsite Dutch neighbours. The dutch really are MAD!! Constant lager abuse(as we had a cold fridge!)
Anybody camped in Houx Annex see a huge fireball around midnight on the Sunday night?.....that was the dutch Shocked.We really couldn't stop laughing all night, everybody around just stopped and stared in disbelief as a huge petrol fireball blew 50 ft into the air!
3. Arnage village friday night, fantastic!
4. Badly bruising and grazing my shin (whilst peed)
5.Meeting some of the CA guys at the poo bar sat night.
6.Helicopter flight around the circuit Sunday(awesome)
7.Seeing F40's GT40, and all the other (mainly British) sports and classic cars.
8.Good weather.
9. worrying moment stuck in traffic, thinking we were going to miss the ferry home Sad

So many memories to cherish..........roll on next year!  Al.

2 Houx Annex tickets wanted??
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2004, 03:07:50 pm »

Who else saw the Vettes at the finish turn the brake bias bar round to full forward, lock the fronts and then wheelspin it up the track to the huge annoyance of the marshalls?

Oh yes - that really was a moment or three - brilliant fun, drivers obviously enjoying it, marshals hating it, crowd loving it!

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: