Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:30:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The I'm Back thread  (Read 22335 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 12:10:11 pm »

Pretzel & Mother Hen now safely back in Cardiff Tuesday early am., no incidents on the journey to report although Wishy and son had a little difficulty keeping up in the Shed during the run up to Cherbourg to catch the Sea Cat back across La Manche Smiley

Crossing only marred by the lack of a bar and us smokers being consigned to a small area outside on a very small deck. That and the major jam at Portsmouth dock at disembarkation. 55 minutes to get out after a 2 and a half hour crossing seems daft to me. It was interesting too to see how few people seemed to recognise the driver of the Bentley Conti queuing with us was none other than a certain Mr D. Bell.

A public thanks to Wishy for his hospitality on MB Saturday as usual and nice to see Dreamracers again - hope the early start back was worth it and you didn't overheat DR Smiley.

Like others have already said it was fantastic to meet so many of the people who post here at the 'poo bar Saturday and put names to faces, particularly the Liverpool Boys (I never knew I had relatives in Liverpool!), Starbar, the WANCS, Steve (Tres Hombres), Steve Brown, TMDG, MR & MrsRS2 etc.. etc..

For those that didn't make the 'poo bar this year hope you had a great one anyway.

Can't wait to see postings of the pictures taken and have of course already booked everything for next year (except the ferry).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 02:17:56 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 12:37:49 pm »

Team JPC arrived back at about Midnight last night.

To the Pie Eaters, Abs, Fat Lad and Coma. Don't worry Abs, even though you are now part of Team JPC you won't lose your own identity, you have been christened Team JPC Pie Eaters Division.

Mark, glad to hear your back, I'll give you a call later in the week to arrange a beer or two Cheesy

Team JPC what can I say absolute legends!! I'd be proud be be part of Team JPC but I am not sure you guys can afford to have us back after FatLad broke all the chairs, I never knew you could get so much vodka in a melon as for the pear enough said already. Already looking into the sumo suits for next years Friday entertainment Undecided Undecided

Thanks to everyone else that I meet down there, it made a great weekend just a shame it had to finish but I don't think my internals would have lasted much longer.

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 12:59:20 pm »

got back at about midnight last night after an eventful journey. unfortunately, whilst i returned to amsterdam my house keys went back to england with rick. whilst attempting to return to lemans i infact ended up stranded in a small village in the middle of nowhere for 3 hours!

still, absolutely cracking weekend - at least what i can remember of it. great to meet all the ca guys, jpchenets crew and the liverpool boys.

bring on 2005!
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 02:07:33 pm »

Arrived back yeasterday at 4.30 pm.  Unloaded car, had wash, went to club, drank loads of Harveys, and Laphroiag, staggered home.  Now looking a bit disoriented.  Roll Eyes

The memories are struggling back, but lloking mostly good up to now.   Cool

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 03:08:04 pm »

arrived back at 18.00 yesterday after ANOTHER moped ride home!!!

note - don't try and take a moped on the train - they won't let you !! - sh*t !!

me & mrsrs2 very fortunate to be in the Liverpool Boys site where everyone always drops in so great to see everyone again. The poo bar was also excellent with so many people in the T shirts -still did not get to meet/recognise half of you.

And yes JP Chenet the invite is open to come on over whenever you wish - the same goes for any CA member - just let us know.........
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 03:41:13 pm »

Bl**dy heck, what a great weekend. Met JPChenet and buddy in Carrefour but never had time (In 24 hrs?) to get to the poo bar. But next year I will.

A massive thanks to Steve and the Cobra boys for making us welcome and giving us a great photoopportunity. We made it onto Speed Sunday too, Tiff Needell walking and talking down to our camp with me in the blow up armchair, popping Carrefour Kebabs.

I saw loads of us in the Robbo shirts, true respect to you for those Robbo, they will be preserved forever along with next year's (hint hint!)

The TVRS did us proud after last year as did the MegaMoggy.

My green Midget managed its mandatory ton up on both sides of the channel I am led to believe so everything was superb, all of our group are talking about going again.

Thanks guys!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 04:32:17 pm »

I would like to extend a special thanks to Robbo, Rich, Wayne, Chris, Kate, Steve and the other members of the SPS

No worries. It was good meeting you both. You have all our e-mail adresses so keep in touch.

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 06:05:34 pm »

Got back at 8.15 nlast night, and came to  move wifes car off drive so I could unload mine straight into garage.  However find her car has flat battery.  Due to the flat battery the boot won;t open, and the jump leads are in the boot!  In my car the jump leads were under all the luggage!  So get neighbour to come over with jump leads.

Swap cars let wife go off in her car to give it a run to charge battery.

Unload car, placing gas cooker, lights etc in garage.  Go into house, and find there is a power cut.  Wait thinking lights must come on soon, at 9.30 go and collect gas lights and cooker from garage and put up with wife moaning that I wanted proper lights, cooking and shower when I got home!

Power finally came back on at 7.10 this morning!
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 06:52:00 pm »

Well, another year over after having got back yesterday afternoon.... with that awful feeling that the weekend and the race are over and you know you've got to wait another year  Cry for some of the emotions of the race weekend... Some highlights for me ?

The great feeling of anticipation on the drive down, the cameraderie in the pub and on the boat... The hardware waiting to get on board on Wednesday nite was awesome...

Pitching up, the trip to Carrefour and that first beer on Thursday... Wine, Cider, Beer, BBQ and conversation on Thursday nite... The stories and the pisstaking made me cry with laughter...

The arrival of the Commer...!!!  Cheesy Andy... I salute you sir...!!!

So many familiar names around... Robbo, Dreamracers, Liverpool Boys, Sav, Big H, Smokie, Canada Phil, The Beermountain Team, The TWATS, The Brethren, Larry Le Mans...

The drivers parade... It just gets better and better and better and better....

Race start... The physical impact of the noise never ceases to amaze me...

Shampoo Bar... Great to see so many people and have the opportunity to say hello... Brian, Canada Phil, Sav, Big H, Robbo, Andy Z, The TWATS... great to see you all...

Sunday AM... (First Wake up... Dawn.... somewhere) What the hell am doing here, what is my name, where is my kit ? Legs ? Walk... don't fail me now... Tent you look damn good...

Sunday AM (9.00am...ish in the tent) Who or what is living in my mouth, mmm... sweat those toxins out...!! What an end to the race... Just for a while I thought Jonny might just do it... But fair play to Goh... and Tom... well he's even more of a legend in Denmark now... Congratulations to you sir... an awesome record...

All in all.. Brilliant, just brilliant...

Roll on next year...

DW
DickieAttwood
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2004, 08:30:33 pm »

Our little party are back and completed 1st day back at school/work [depending on age]

Sorry I could not stay at the 'poo bar longer but as someone here said 'there's always next year' which remids me that it's time to begin preparation!

Brilliant 5 days!

Dickie

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money. The sh1t has hit the fan.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2004, 10:24:35 pm »

DelBoy's party arrived back OK at 1.00am monday morning - got Gatso'd on the way back -c'est la vie - hope there was no film in the camera.

Cracking week (end) - met up with a few of you on MB (our first time on MB) and at the 'poo bar on Sat.  (Looked out for Kpy, but understand he couldn't make it with car problems).

Special thanks to JP - I didn't meet up with you but your namesake wine on special offer at Carrefour was excellent and cheap at 2 yo-yos per - drank many litres of it.

Roll on next year!

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 01:11:58 am »

We're all back, having arrived back in tractor land about 21:00 Monday night.

On route, one collected a 90 euro fine, one had fuel contamination problems, I had to rebuild the motor of my electric fan on arrival at Houx Annexe and the poor old Chevy pickup is in a compound somewhere in Le Mans waiting to be shipped home after the gearbox threw it's hand in.

Great to meet old / new faces in the Shampoo bar and during my walkabout on Thursday.

All in all, we had a bloody good time - when's the debrief drink?

Here's the poor old Chevy (this picture's hosted on the web Smokie so I'm not contaminating this thread TOO much)

Steve East Anglian cobras

bird
CA Veteran

neeeeeeeow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2004, 09:15:26 am »

PetrolSlutz hit the UK, still chammonning it hard, late on Monday night. Big up us for remembering to book yesterday off. Just rolled into nearly 1000 emails at work, which is nice.

Best ever weekend!

Next year seems an awfully long time away.  Cry

A ferrari can't run on glue
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2004, 09:32:00 am »

Got back yesterday and checked straight into The Priory! They've just taken the straps off my wrists and I've stopped shaking just enough to type this. Full report later.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Felix
CA Veteran

I'm a fryer!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2004, 02:58:06 pm »

I'm back...............but I'm not really sure if I got there in the first place

Get 'em while they're hot.......they're lurvly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: