Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:20:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FAO Johnny Herbert  (Read 6046 times)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2004, 03:22:59 pm »

Now - it has come to my attention that there is a sneaking suspicion that Johnny reads this site, so Im gonna take my chances.

I'd just like to wish Johnny, Veloq, Audi UK and all the other british racers good luck in the 24hr Race - The Snoring Rhinos will be RIGHT behind you Johnny - we have followed you for a good few years, and were lucky enough to see you winning at Silverstone in 1995 - we were ecstatic!!

And if you fancy a beer in the campsite - come to Karting Nord.....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 03:26:14 pm »

If you're a Johnny H fan, then you'll be please to note he's booked to drive the ex-Win Percy D Type Jag in the historic support race at the British GP. And at Goodwood Revival in Sept too. Sure he'll do Win proud, the D should suit Johnny's style.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 03:37:53 pm »

He said that he was going to pop into see myself and JPChenet on MB on Friday. Last year he said he missed out on a visit to the campsites.

At pre-quals we spoke to him on Saturday afternoon and then during the event he saw us in the paddock and tore himself away from the cameras to tell us how audi was getting. He is a great role model for Motor Racing.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 03:57:08 pm »

Here's the man himself (and Guy Smith) at this years PreQuals with a bunch of CA groupies.

* Le_Mans_2004_PQ_x_BH_Johnny_Herbert_CA_Team.jpg (190.84 KB, 640x480 - viewed 176 times.)

Steve East Anglian cobras

Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 04:03:20 pm »

Having just finished Perry McCarthy's book 'falt out flat broke' Johnny is one of a group of group of racers known as the rat pack the members are Johnny, Perry, Damon Hill, Julian Bailey, Mark Blundlell and Martin Donnelly.

From some of the tales in this book you can see that all of the above are 100% genuine enthusiasts that care not only about the racing but also the fans.

Got to say having met Perry McCarthy before I thought he was a top bloke but having read his book I have more respect for him for the effort and commitment he has shown to be where he is today.

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 04:22:03 pm »

Having just finished Perry McCarthy's book 'falt out flat broke' Johnny is one of a group of group of racers known as the rat pack the members are Johnny, Perry, Damon Hill, Julian Bailey, Mark Blundlell and Martin Donnelly.

From some of the tales in this book you can see that all of the above are 100% genuine enthusiasts that care not only about the racing but also the fans.

Got to say having met Perry McCarthy before I thought he was a top bloke but having read his book I have more respect for him for the effort and commitment he has shown to be where he is today.

Does anyone know what he's doing this year?? Don't think I've seen him listed as a driver?? (Could just be me being blind)

I think he'd make a great third driver for the Zytek car with Wallace and Brabham!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 04:28:42 pm »

I whole heartedly agree.  I read Perry's book on holiday last month and found it definately to be a 'can't put down' read.
Excellent and very amusing too.  The poor sod definately had a shitty deal in F1.

If you haven't read "Flat Out, Flat Broke", go out and by it right away.  It's in paperback now.

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 05:05:01 pm »

Why am I the only one who went down on his knees ?

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 05:07:49 pm »

Why am I the only one who went down on his knees ?

Roll Eyes Undecided Embarrassed Undecided Roll Eyes

Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 05:08:48 pm »

I'm looking very furtive behind JPC's back!

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 05:10:28 pm »

I'm looking very furtive behind JPC's back!

Hmmmmmm......have a fetish for Ankles do you Steve!!  Glad you look furtive and not Fertile!!  Grin
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 05:49:07 pm »

Nice picture there JP, looks like close buddies.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 05:56:31 pm »

Looks like a ventriloquist and his dummy to me  Smiley  Mr Herbert has a strange expression on his face too....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 06:08:33 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 07:01:15 pm »

Johnny's always been a top bloke, always had time for race fans which made them fans of his. Like Brad says we were at Silverstone when he won there, as you can see, more than happy to sign a few autographs - certanly stuck one up the mighty MS that day! (his mum told us that they never gave him the same deal at Benneton as they gave MS).
If we dont get chance to say it personally I sure we can from the start line - New thread why dont we all try to be opposite car 88 pit at the start - CA shirts, union jacks, blow up dolls on sticks manditory -  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy new thread

* DSCN3248.JPG (76.83 KB, 640x480 - viewed 246 times.)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 12:06:45 am »

Looks like a ventriloquist and his dummy to me  Smiley  Mr Herbert has a strange expression on his face too....

............and you can't see where my hand is!!!!   Grin

Gottle-A-Gear    Gottle-A-Gear
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: