Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 06:28:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO membership question  (Read 5944 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2004, 06:06:32 pm »

OK - I know I've left it a bit late, but a question

Is worth joining ACO to get discount on entrance?

If so when is the best time to get the membership - as we will be there in 10 days time, there is know way the membership will get here in time.

Can you get membership at Le Mans, and can I get it before we go into the race.

What is the recommendation ?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 06:25:42 pm »

From memory, the saving when you buy the full alowance of entry and camping tickets roughly equates to the cost of membership.

With membership you also get 10% discount on all goods at the ACO shop, access to the ACO buildings (noted for it's showers and bar), the ability to request seats in the ACO grandstand (but these arent cheap at all) and a very limited breakdown recovery service throughout France and other parts of Europe. Ticket discounts apply to all major events at the track, but not to all tickets (e.g. parking/camping at pre-qual was the same for member and non-member, but entry at the 1000km last November was cheaper for members). And the last thing I can think of is a pack is sent to you in the summer with full results, a copy of the official poster and some other bumph.

You get no priority in allocation of any tickets, so the offsetting discounts might not be work out.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't join up down there at one of the ACO outlets and yes, if you did it now you'd be too late to receive the tickets etc before you go. My renewal is in April. If you can get it before the race, I would imagine it would be at the Rotunda - otherwise you would need to have already bought your entry tickets in order to reach one of their shops.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 09:23:34 pm »

The shop under the ACO stand has a membership department on the left side as you enter.

For the quantity of tickets I buy (20 entrance, 10 camping etc.) I recoup the fee but if you're after just a couple of tickets and don't place much value in the books and race info pack you receive, it may not be worth it.

The ACO member sticker on your windscreen looks nice though!

Steve East Anglian cobras

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 09:40:13 pm »

Haven't you got the radiator grille metal badge too Steve? They look good...sort of retro...10% off when you buy one there!

I thought the number of tickets eligible for discount was capped...?

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 10:29:48 pm »

Haven't you got the radiator grille metal badge too Steve? They look good...sort of retro...10% off when you buy one there!

Sorry, no grill - just a big gaping mouth !

I thought the number of tickets eligible for discount was capped...?

Yes, they are.  We have the maximum discount (6 admission, 6 camping etc) and divi it up amongst us all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: