Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 08:11:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Parade  (Read 15699 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 05:55:17 pm »

However, the thought of The HT Girls, even now, is making it twitch in anticipation... Grin

Are you sure DW?? We saw them walking around the circuit on the Saturday and they must have used Trowels to apply their make-up. If you got within 20 feet of them you realised they weren't that attractive at all.  Sad
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2004, 06:12:36 pm »

You have to bare in mind that most people have fully charged beer googles on from getting there until going home.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2004, 06:15:52 pm »

If you have not been into to watch the parade, it's worth doing once, only major hassle is getting back. As I've seen it the last 2 years, and it was very drawn out last year,  think I'll have a change of scene. Prehaps go down to Arnage and find out what caused them to block the road last year, which nearly made me have a heart attack wobbling back from the town in shorts, T-shirt and a dark visor at 1230.

dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2004, 06:36:14 pm »

We did it wrong last year by not grabbing a bar table early enough. Result was that we were about 10 rows back from seeing anything, the commentary was in French (whatever next ?!), and in a nutshell it sucked. The only exciting thing was the taxi ride back to Tetre Rouge which was hairy to say the least - I drive less erratically when I've got a dozen Stellas inside me  Shocked Shocked

The older I get, the faster I was.
mwbennett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2004, 06:52:28 pm »

Commentary? Huh

I've obviously been watching frm the wrong place Undecided
pp
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2004, 07:10:29 pm »

I have been to the parade for 4 years now and each year I say never again! It not the parade but the getting back.

Can anyone explain why the ACO put on buses all day to get punters into town and then just 2 back when the parade finishes?

Thanks last year to the fluent french speaker that hijacked the taxi and let us share the ride back for free
mwbennett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 07:30:23 pm »

Back in 97 I was waved down by 2 Japanese team mechanics after the parade.

Could I give them a lift back to the circuit?
My pleasure! We chatted on the way... and that was that. They got out at the entrance, said thatnks, and legged it.
Damn! No free pit pass Embarrassed

I wondered after why they flagged down a white-and-rust clapped out English registered 1.1 Fiat Uno (with a slipping fan belt), as thier favoured method of transportation to get them back to the circuit.Huh

As I had been sleeping in it for the night or 2 before, it probably wasn't the most pleasant of environments either...  Undecided
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 08:49:39 am »

I've only been to 2 parades, 2003 & either 2001 or 2002.

Last year was a bit of a letdown, apart from the horrendous transport, getting the bus there in the heat was not fun.

The other time was much better, however this year its into Arnage for the evening after the trip to Indianapolis at 12:30 ish.

Good pic by cold beer man,
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 11:54:53 am »

JP

As Stu says, the trusty beer goggles are worn for the duration of the trip... When you've got mine on, which work VERY well, as a number of my close friends will attest having seen some of the results of my wearing them on nites out over the years, I'll woo anyone... Even the missus if all else fails.... Grin

I'll make sure I bear your advice in mind this year...!!!

DW
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 12:03:24 pm »

However, the thought of The HT Girls, even now, is making it twitch in anticipation... Grin

Are you sure DW?? We saw them walking around the circuit on the Saturday and they must have used Trowels to apply their make-up. If you got within 20 feet of them you realised they weren't that attractive at all.  Sad

Having had Mrs Dreamracers with me the last few years at LM, (not a burden - quite the opposite), it is quite amusing walking along a few yards behind her and watching all the letcherous looks she was getting.  It amazed me how bad blokes get if left in a mostly male environment for a few days.  I didnt mind, I didnt need "the sock", may have to this year tho as she is off to visit the out-laws.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 01:51:32 pm »

they weren't that attractive at all.  

Blimey, I reckon my standards must be even lower than I thought. Not attractive? we're hardly talking Anne Widdicombe here...
H

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 01:54:45 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 02:05:06 pm »

Thats Ann on the left isn't it... ? Didn't she do well on Celebrity Fit Club.... Grin

DW
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 02:13:40 pm »

DW, may I suggest celebrity dynamite club? I think personal fitness just wouldn't be enough.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 02:17:48 pm »

She looks fit enough to me Roll Eyes

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 02:43:57 pm »

It's strange how they look different with rubber gloves on and mop in one hand........
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: