Club Arnage
August 06, 2024, 12:28:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This year's drama  (Read 5402 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2004, 10:46:38 am »

A part of any Le mans is the drama forced upon us by civil unrest. Over the years, we have had Postal strikes (Uk & France) Striking Dockers (UK & France), Striking ferry workers (UK), French Farmers blocking roads, and last year the whole of France was on strike in the run up the the great weekend.

What this year?

Fuel Protests are being promised if the price carrys on sprialling upwards. A band of Scots have given the Gov 2 weeks to cut tax before the barricades go up, Now I would not mind if the Scots barricaded themselves in, but this is likey the spread down south.
I for one intend to keep my tank at least 1/2 full in the coming weeks.

Bon Chance.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 09:53:03 pm »

I hope the army is called in at the first sign of any unrest, miserable buggers screwed up the lives of us all 4 years ago and cost the country millions.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 11:03:22 pm »

I hope the army is called in at the first sign of any unrest, miserable buggers screwed up the lives of us all 4 years ago and cost the country millions.

Just to start an arguement, they did have a point. Miserable buggers screwed up the lives of us all 4 years ago and cost the country millions. (The labour party that is).
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 05:07:44 pm »

Even though i got stuck in Coventry one weekend, i supported the protests. its about time we the british People stood up for something and told the government we arent happy.

Can we start a Political thread on my favourite bug bear , Immigration Issues !

Take life by the horns and live it.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 06:25:40 pm »

politics sucks....

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 08:33:05 pm »

Nah, let's keep off politics can we?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 01:26:41 am »

Nordic, What kind of Tank ???Centurion witha full magazine sound just the job Grin
Canada Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 10:25:25 am »

Even though i got stuck in Coventry one weekend, i supported the protests. its about time we the british People stood up for something and told the government we arent happy.

Can we start a Political thread on my favourite bug bear , Immigration Issues !

Why Robbo??  Worried they won't let you in to France this year??   Grin Grin Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 02:19:37 pm »

Of course round here there's an absolute queue of English people eager to take jobs in 24 hour petrol stations or to clean the bogs in Gatwick Airport at 3.00am for £4.50 per hour.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 03:40:49 pm »

i reckon this years drama will be a swarm of angry badgers that destroy the campsites
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 03:46:43 pm »

Of course round here there's an absolute queue of English people eager to take jobs in 24 hour petrol stations or to clean the bogs in Gatwick Airport at 3.00am for £4.50 per hour.

Remarkably observant of you Andy.  I can personnaly attest to several English people who do such things, and they are all as desparate as you can get.  Sorry that was meant to be ironic.  Roll Eyes

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 03:53:13 pm »

Simple solution. Shell BP Texaco govern the prices on the forecourt, boycote them for a week and they will soon lose millions and drop the price again.
Alternatively "On Yer Bike". or thumb a lift!

Andy
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 03:57:10 pm »

Remarkably observant of you Andy.  I can personnaly attest to several English people who do such things, and they are all as desparate as you can get.  Sorry that was meant to be ironic.  Roll Eyes

I presume you meant the desparate bit? Incidentally, any news on the career front?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 04:00:48 pm »

Correct presumtion old chum.  No news on job front yet.  Still chilled, and searching hard.  Cheesy  thanks for asking.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2004, 06:36:50 pm »

i reckon this years drama will be a swarm of angry badgers that destroy the campsites

You mean like 1985 Shocked, I thought the locals had sorted that problem with their terriers

At the risk of throwing petrol on the flames( Grin) alot of hospitals would find getting staff a problem without a fair bit of help from overseas.

Mind you we where a bit peeved when an artic turned up from holland at our warehouse with a few 'guests' on board, no access to a loo meant they had crapped over some very expensive equipment.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: