Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 08:37:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have a cure for church bells?  (Read 6073 times)
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2004, 09:19:20 am »

Good morning everyone. There is reason I am up at 8am on a SUnday morning and have been for 2 hours. The BLOODY CHURCH BELLS.

Just wondered if anyone has a spare rpg or anti aircraft lissile ~I could borrow to sort them out.

Any help appreciated

Bring on the low flyers
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 09:37:11 am »

Having just watched the LM prequal on UK Motors, I'm also concerned about sleep this year. Given that it would be unsportsman like  to use Chris's suggested methods, some sort of acoustic chamber will need to be constructed inside my tent to avoid that Panoz disturbing my slumber every 4 minutes! Any ideas? This of couse in addition to the earplugs, noise cancelling headphones and couple of bottles of wine routine...

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 09:58:17 am »

Good morning everyone. There is reason I am up at 8am on a SUnday morning and have been for 2 hours. The BLOODY CHURCH BELLS.

Just wondered if anyone has a spare rpg or anti aircraft lissile ~I could borrow to sort them out.

Any help appreciated

Morning Quasimodo, move out of the bell tower is the answer, der bells der bells.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 10:13:59 am »

Monsieur le toad

Surely there is no better alarm clock on a Saturday morning than pre race warm up when the Panoz and awesome Corvettes blat out of the Porsche Curves and raise all the Maison Blanche residents from their dreamy slumbers. It's what it's all about!

Just been watching the pre-qual stuff on TV last night. Did that diesel sound funny to you?

Lord Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 12:08:11 pm »

Yes - sounds odd, and all that black smoke as well - all in the interest of a bit of torque and a few extra laps between pit stops...

How do you think the 7 litre Merc powered Zonda might sound on Sunday morning (if it's still going!?)...

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 05:21:11 pm »

Chris - you're not seriously suggesting that you don't attend Mass on a Sunday morning are you? Sinner

Mr Toad - There's only two things the Morgan has more chance of beating at Le Mans.... one is your motorhome and the other is the Zonda.
If it's still running on Sunday morning I'll bare me arse in Woolworths window.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 05:29:03 pm »

Do we get to choose which branch of Woolworths Matt?

You never know, they might pull it out of the pits for a few turns on Sun pm!

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 06:09:51 pm »

You never know, they might pull it out of the pits for a few turns on Sun pm!

By which time, both you and I will be so banjaxed, neither of us will give a rats ass.

I made my perhaps ill-advised 'throw-down' assuming that Woolies had gone out of business!

I may have to give this some serious "onion"....

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 08:46:15 pm »

Fair play, but I think you should know that Woolies have provided all the key kit to our team for many years now - flasks, sandwick boxes, camping chairs with pockets for I -spy books and fishing line etc etc!!!

rcutler
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 09:39:22 am »

I would contact Morgan as I believe someone said that the Aero8 Looks like a church they might be able to shed some light on the matter.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 10:42:28 am »

Church?
The one I had a look at looked more like a choirboys arse.
Which is no bad thing I suppose, but it makes you wonder what they're getting up to in the design office at Malvern.
Have you seen the new TVR Vestry? and the new BMW Undropped Bollocks looks fantastic...
H
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 10:51:01 am by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 11:17:20 am »

Any help appreciated

Bloody C of E and their sectarian turmoil! Many a sunday morning hangover has been exacerbated by this ungodly racket. You don't get Shi'ites shattering sheet glass in the shithouse or Bhuddists breaking wind at the breakfast bar, so why the C of E thinks it's okay to disturb the peace on a sunday morning, heaven alone knows.

When I get my membership card and lapel badge back from the League of Agnostics, I'll do something about it (if I can be bothered).

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 01:33:28 pm »

Live on a modern housing estate - how many housing estates built in the last 30 years - or the last 100 for that matter - have a church as part of the development?

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 02:04:46 pm »

Live on a modern housing estate - how many housing estates built in the last 30 years - or the last 100 for that matter - have a church as part of the development?

Or a garden and any privacy for that matter.

In reply to Mr. Zarse the bloody Muslims would wake me up with their call to prayer at sunrise every morning in Saudi, so it's not just here Grin

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 02:27:07 pm »

Unfortunately a modern house doe not guarantee relief from the campanologists in all cases. Pretzel towers is only 5 years old and on a small estate but no more that 20 yards from the end of my back garden is a Baptist chapel. How quaint I thought.

Not only are Sunday morning slumbers rudely interrupted, but Saturdays when there's a wedding, Friday evening for bell ringing practice. Earplugs are the only answer.

Esmerelda, Esmerelda...........

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: