Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:15:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shuttle Buses "Navettes"  (Read 6057 times)
Captain Scarlett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2004, 01:54:00 pm »

Info received says that shuttle buses or navettes operate from Arnage, Mulsanne Corner and the Main gate and the entry ticket provides free access to them.  Has any one used them, how often and what does it look like amongst all the other traffic???
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 02:36:21 pm »

The shuttle buses operate on a one way system from opposite the main entrance.

They are easy to recognize as the will probably be full and have a large queue by them.

There is probably no need to show your ticket as the crush will prevent you from doing so.

Actually its not to bad at the entrance , Arnage is better and also a good viewing point, but the once that I got back on at Mulsanne was a bit of a scrum.

I'm not sure of the operating times , I think that they may stop during the night.
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 04:08:59 pm »

I seem to remember that they do not run at night. Take a push bike these are favorite as there is usually long traffic jams to and from arnage/mulsanne.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 05:56:08 pm »

Hi Redstu,
               I see your experience the same as mine. The bus runs to about midnight and start again early in the morning so wise not to stay too late at Mulsanne. It is worth the effort to at least experience it once. How do you get back from Arnage on a bicycle ( because of the one way system)?
Canada Phil
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 01:59:21 am »

I've always take the car out to Arnage and Mulsanne.   The traffic is not always bad.  As far as  Push bikes go I don't think the one way system applies to them.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Captain Scarlett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 02:39:43 pm »

Okay, I'll ask the next question, follow the one way system or take the route one of you guys knows?  I'll be starting from Parking Vert and going by car.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 05:44:44 pm »

I just follow the oneway system.  I've never quite understood why they do the oneway system the way they do.   Assuming your starting from behind the grandstand.  You can drive what is effectively anti-clock wise directly to Arnage.  The big holdup is getting in to a car park.  

The one way bit is from where you turn left of the road to Arnage village to Arnage Corner.  

When you leave Arnage to go to Mulsanne the one way continues BUT you can't turn left to get to Mulsanne corner.  You have to go in a loop so that you effectivly approache Mulsanne on a clockwise route.  

When you leave Mulsanne It's one way again and you get to the point were you'd like to turn right to get to Arnage Corner (above) but you can't so you have to go in a loop though Arnage.

In the good old days I used to  leave Houx via the road under the track at Tetra Rouge.  Have a beer at the Tetra Rouge Bar,  Then go on to the Cafe half way down the Straight have another Beer,  Then on to the Resturant just before the kink.  Then on to Mulsanne corner and finaly on to Arnage (where you had to do the loop thing to get there).

Them we're days.

Tom.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 11:34:41 am »

Okay, I'll ask the next question, follow the one way system or take the route one of you guys knows?  I'll be starting from Parking Vert and going by car.

If you're starting from parking vert (near Houx Annexe) you could go down to Mulsanne corner first.

So, drive under the Tetre Rouge corner and head south on the road that is parallel and east of the Mulsanne Straight.
This route passes through a number of small villages (can't remember the names) but a map would be bloody usefull.  At Mulsanne follow the signs back to Arnage (long way round).

OR..... drive from Vert past Houx, Karting Nord and  Beausejour, under the Porsche Curves bridge and follow the signs to Arnage (via the one way) and then onto Mulsanne Corner.

GET A MAP  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 10:51:45 pm »

Done it loads of times on foot through the forest, great fun dodging les gendarmes.  

Under the bridge at Terte Rouge then sharp right, ignoring all fences and in no time you are at the Chinese nosebaggery. Quick refreshment break and off to Mulsanne.  Best way to watch the race.  It'll take you a good 4 hours there and back.

Enjoy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: