Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:14:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Electric Question  (Read 5499 times)
Mark Ayling
CA Veteran

Le Mans Addict

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2004, 05:34:57 pm »

This is on behalf of a mate of mine who's staying in Houx (I'm in Houx Annexe)...

When the campsites become public after the race has finished (and all the pikeys descend to rummage through everyone's waste), will the electricity supply be removed/switched off, does anyone know?

Cheers,

Mark.
dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 10:33:54 pm »

Why - are you considering electrifying the waste bins ?

That would be good sport !  Shocked Shocked

The older I get, the faster I was.
Mark Ayling
CA Veteran

Le Mans Addict

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 10:39:37 pm »

not a bad idea  Wink

however I was actually thinking about watching the football on the telly!
starbar
CA Veteran

I ate all the pies with JJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 10:42:01 pm »

No it is left on, we have been there until Monday and still had electricity.

BUT, you have to get there early to stand a chance of being able to plug in as electricity is not available for every plot, if you are to the right of the road as you enter you may find that the nearest electricity is some 100 metres away, take a long lead with you (I got fleeced £60) for an extension lead one year as I did not have enough cable. WONT DO THAT AGAIN

If not there by Thursday late I would sugest  bribing people with beer, or just plug into someone elses as happened to me last year, I had 3 other people plugged into my electric, I had to unplug 2 as it was bloody dangerous..

This year I have my van with me arriving very late Tuesday evening - so hopefully should not have a problem
starbar
CA Veteran

I ate all the pies with JJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 10:48:28 pm »

Why - are you considering electrifying the waste bins ?

That would be good sport !  Shocked Shocked

Hey dont do that I used one of the bins last year as my barbie, admittedly it was reduced in height but I had a barbie grill that fitted it perfect, I will have to check that it is still there, now I will have to check that the thing is not bloody wired up, everyone will think I am nuts crawling on my belly checking the bottom and sides with my washing up gloves on and standing on a rubber mat.
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 11:16:01 pm »

I would monitor the electrics. Last year we were OK for elec on Monday morning but the year before 6pm sharp the Hifi went very quiet!!
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 08:50:49 pm »

Also I recommend a set of good screwdrivers/pliers - sometimes the socket fuse trips - to reactivate all you need to do is get the box open and rest the switch. I'd also add some plastic ties/elecrical tape & jubilee clip to your kit so you can "secure" your connection. Beware of people who split off your cable without asking - it gets lethal in the wet - we were flooded out there in 2001 - I recall seeing plastic bags protecting bare wires floating in the water - so I stayed inside our Ark until the risk of electrocution went away!

[attachment deleted by admin]

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: