Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 11:14:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blatant Plug .. wonder how long before this gets "moderated"? ;)  (Read 14468 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 11:07:54 pm »

Rickmeister, I won't speak for Nick my copilot but my very finest, cleanest Fiver is yours at the Shampoo bar.  If not collected there, it's still yours!

Then I'll put the arm on Nick... Grin Grin Grin

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2004, 02:39:47 am »

www.racing-for-charity.org.uk
First to shout "who ate all the pies" will get a slap (and maybe a bit of tickle) from the missus!!
If your missus willslap Trayboy, I'm sure we can raise a very sizeable contribution, as long as you can afford the quarantine.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Felix
CA Veteran

I'm a fryer!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2004, 10:12:45 am »

I will happily set up my chip van at the finish line and offer battered sausages and pickled eggs at cost price.

Get 'em while they're hot.......they're lurvly
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2004, 10:15:51 am »

Wow! Thanks even more!! And as for Felix, I promise not to say any more bad things about you!!  Wink

And Steve, flogged the Bondy a few months ago on ebay having decided it was a basket case - mucho profito!!!! Otherwise - grand idea!

Grin
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2004, 02:43:24 pm »

Right then you 'orrible lot!

Thanks to DR's brilliant suggestion, I now have a page up at www.justgiving.com/race4gosh .. so no excuses for not finding me at Le Mans!!!!

Come on Rodney, you know it makes sense. Do your good deed for the day right now and help the kiddies!

Grin
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2004, 03:50:56 pm »

Now, there's a wheeze. I went to the webpage to stump up my fiver, which was quite easy to do (with a credit card of course).

During the interrogation it asks if you are a taxpayer, to which most of us would say yes, upon which actual amount donated shot up to £6.41. Good old Inland Revenue I say!

So, although it might suit you better to pass on a few grubby notes in June, Rick, and more imprtantly the worthy cause, will do considerably better if you do it through the page...

Good Luck with the fundraising Rick...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 03:52:01 pm by smokie » Logged
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2004, 04:04:29 pm »

Yep, done mine too!!  I noticed Steve Brown has too!!

Good on you Rick. Here's hoping you reach your target!!
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2004, 04:29:24 pm »

Thanks chaps! I will try my hardest. Got the fourth of the fourteen events this evening, not sure what the weather is going to do - got absolutely soaked last week - all in a good cause though!!

Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2004, 05:15:14 pm »

I've given too but kept it anonymous as I don't want anyone to know that I do a lot of good work for charadee...

Quick question Rick: You seem to have a trick alloy framed racer, whereby every spare ounce has been pared off the bike to reduce weight and thus increase speed and acceleration. Don't think me impertinent, but could not a similar thing have been done to the rider?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2004, 05:59:09 pm »

I've given too but kept it anonymous as I don't want anyone to know that I do a lot of good work for charadee...

Quick question Rick: You seem to have a trick alloy framed racer, whereby every spare ounce has been pared off the bike to reduce weight and thus increase speed and acceleration. Don't think me impertinent, but could not a similar thing have been done to the rider?

LOL!!! Yes indeed, that it what I am trying to achieve!! Those of you that have met me before at Lemons may not notice but I have dropped two trouser sizes (cue comment by Big H??) since last year's event - so I am getting there!  Grin

Call it the onset of the inevitable mid-life crisis if you like but I am suddenly (after all these years!!!!) concerned about my appearance and trying to do something about it!!  Stable doors and horses that have already bolted spring swiftly to mind!  Wink
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2004, 08:18:45 pm »

Rick, have used your site found it better than trying to remember to pay up in June, good luck with the event. Take no notice of the weight thing, what they forget chubbies go down hill faster.
Take care.
Brian.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 09:00:33 pm by Brian.L,pool boys » Logged

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2004, 08:42:54 pm »

Hi Rick.

There seems to be a number of lightweights contributing to the cause on this website......I mean a miniscule fiver......however i will donate a tenner for the sponsored cause as that seems to be the norm at our local school fundraising these days.

I will pay you at the Shampoo bar on the Saturday night......or send me a PM and I will send you a cheque.

Wishy
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2004, 10:09:54 pm »

I am overwhelmed and (almost) moved to tears!! Thank you all!!

As for offers of meets at the Shampoo Bar, bet I forget to blag the tenner!! This will be my first beered up race since 1997!  Shocked See you there!  Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2004, 11:42:42 pm »

Hi Rick.

There seems to be a number of lightweights contributing to the cause on this website......I mean a miniscule fiver......however i will donate a tenner for the sponsored cause as that seems to be the norm at our local school fundraising these days.

I will pay you at the Shampoo bar on the Saturday night......or send me a PM and I will send you a cheque.

Wishy

Ahem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2004, 02:30:15 pm »

http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/

Anyone fancy going on this one? Grin
I suggest we gather at terte rouge at 8am whos in?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 02:32:05 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: