Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 09:33:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what ever happened-----  (Read 6216 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2004, 04:47:18 am »

To FAX

The lover of all things Motorsport

I saw his reply to amazing 43's Morgan post, and he has dissappeared from the members listing Huh

If he has gone, its a shame, he had really great views for petrol heads

Take life by the horns and live it.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 05:41:12 am »

Robbo's absolutely right, What the hell happened John?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 06:04:37 am »

Hey Fax, Time to crack open a Warstarter and Chill out. Race section is only for administrators to post to. we get all the others so not a biggie.
Canada Phil  
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 05:30:17 pm »

I too will miss the educated postings of Fax. Can't quite work out what it is to get all worked up about. Is it the advertising for sponsors? The fact that a struggling small team needs to cast about as wide as possible for support?

Isn't part of the Le Mans thing the fact that the small guy (even if they have no hope of winning) who gets the opportunity, to pull as much as possible together to make it to the race, and then to give it their best shot?

Please Fax, reconsider and come back to the fold.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 07:58:24 pm »

Hmmmm, I have to say that it didn't sound quite like the usual fax, I suspect that damned alcohol stuff may have been involved somewhere along the line. Although there's always the alien abduction stories to be taken into consideration too. As always.
I can understand what's got his gander up though. Peter Morgan and his mates aren't exactly short of a bob or two, and I think the deal that was being offered by amazing43 was pretty naff. That was probably the real reason why there were no replies. Maybe this type of "let's see if any our damn fool fans are willing to give us something for nothing" attitude is a British thing, and fax and his colonial mates just can't stomach it. Can't say I blame him. Any more messages like amazing43's and I'll be starting to hope the Morgan team falters, and Andy Zarse'll be serving lashings of Schadenfreude with chips and gravy. (Welcome back by the way Andy!)
Fax 1
Morgan 0

H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 08:26:06 pm »

H - you are an intuitive fellow indeed.
Fax won't mind me saying this, but he does get a little hot under the collar, when he has partaken of the drink, on occasion.
There is a great Irish pub called Haps in Cincinnati and ol' Fax'n'Figures is a regular (indeed, I made his acquaintance in there).
Their Guinness is very well kept and their servings of Jack Daniels (tumbers straight out of the freezer) are generous, to say the least.
I suspect John may have frequented the place prior to losing his rag.
John - if you're out there, gimme a call - I need a place to get my fat head down when I come up for the Indy 500.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 09:58:04 pm »

I haven't chatted with Fax yet as I've been out the country, but having read this post, it appears that he suspects that Amazing (listed as an Administrator) has deleted any responses to the thread that were negative.  Not sure what that's all about.  Who is this Amazing character, and is he an admin of the site?

I plan on entering my bathtub this year and am eagerly looking for sponsorship also.  Any takers?  I'll give you a bar of used soap (only a few pubes) to use for 15 minutes during the race if you contribute over the $2k level, and you can sleep under my car for the $4K sponsorship package.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 11:39:02 pm »

OMG I go away for a few days and look what happens....

Roll Eyes

Do your best to get him back, I like him!
Fax
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 02:11:01 pm »

Guys,
Not much drink involved, just got very pissed off that my less than positive remark regarding the president of an automobile manufacturer trying to hit up its supporters for money so they can go racing, got deleted as fast as it was posted.  It was basically to the effect of you've got to be effing kidding.  Perhaps its an American thing, freedom of speach and expression, first amendment to the Constitution and all that.
Matt, your absolutely more than welcome to crash at my place for the Memorial Day classic.
John
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 02:11:46 pm »

I haven't chatted with Fax yet as I've been out the country, but having read this post, it appears that he suspects that Amazing (listed as an Administrator) has deleted any responses to the thread that were negative.  Not sure what that's all about.  Who is this Amazing character, and is he an admin of the site?

I plan on entering my bathtub this year and am eagerly looking for sponsorship also.  Any takers?  I'll give you a bar of used soap (only a few pubes) to use for 15 minutes during the race if you contribute over the $2k level, and you can sleep under my car for the $4K sponsorship package.

Dave,

I'm sure that it would be a better deal than that offered by Morgan, and you'd have as much chance of being competitive, but I think I'll pass thanks all the same...

Will you be providing complimentary shower facilities as well? (Just in case anyone with a Beausejour camping pass is interested).

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 02:31:45 pm »

welcome back fax...

Don't blame me for once, I wasn't even here!
Fax
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 02:35:48 pm »

No sweat Smokie,
I like you too.  Sebring buds stick together.
John
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2004, 06:23:20 pm »

Fax, welcome back bud.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 08:35:12 pm »

Fax - I now view this as the CA Jesus Christ Ressurection.
Can you walk on Guinness???
Fax
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2004, 09:08:46 pm »

Not sure about walking on it, but I have drowned in it many times.
Just call me Fax MkII.  I going come out of retirement more times than Derek Bell.
FX2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: