Club Arnage
July 13, 2024, 09:47:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Technoparc  (Read 10325 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2004, 08:15:52 pm »

OK - even though I've always been a little scathing of the general pissing and moaning that runs on the forum for the 6 months prior to the race, my oppo's and I find ourselves thoroughly screwed-over by the ACO. I have word from England that our usual bookings on Houx (as per the previous 12 years or so) have been summarily transferred to Beausejour. We refused this on the grounds that it is closer to Belgium than the Village and they countered with, "You are on the cancellation list for Houx, with 6 others before you - how about Technoparc?"
Other than having an idea, more or less, where Technoparc is, I know nothing about this site.
Anyone have first hand experience/knowledge of Technoparc?
i.e. Does it have bogs, showers, stand-pipes? Marked pitches or free-for-all?
Feedback gratefully accepted
Matt  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 08:22:20 pm »

I stopped on this 2 years ago. The bogs did'nt arrive until the Thursday or Friday and there wasn't any showers. It probably improved last year as most of the places had spanking new shower/toilet blocks. It was situated basically opposite Karting Nord across the road that runs through to Houx Annexe. There was a load of Danes on. Bit of a walk to anywhere though but once the beer flowed it was just the same as everywhere.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 08:05:11 pm »

Fair shout Matt.  Reasonalble cause to be a tad miffed!  However, beasejour is not really that awful.  Yes it's 20 mins walk from village etc. but if you get pissed enough it doesn't really notice too much.  Quite handy for Arnage village.  Wuldn't want to stay there for too long though.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 04:53:08 pm »

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Matt, can I recall you making mildly disparaging remarks here in the past about people who fail to get there sh it into gear with the ACO?? Schadenfreud is a terrible thing.

Technopark is a freaking long way away. You'd be better off with the BSJ option out of the two sites in my humble opinion.

However, as an alternative, I would suggest parking your cars in Blue and trying to get just one camping ticket for either Blue, MB or Houx for the MiniWinni or whatever. You won't regret it. I mean, really, how much will you use the cars over the weekend? All that walking to and from a distant campsite can spoil your day. I guess this is the lesser of two evils. How many tickets do you need as a bare minimum? I'm sure we can russle something up from the good folkon this forum.

Or perhaps ebay beckons, I know how you so admire the profiteers on there! I reckon one of them has got a ticket that should have had your name on it.

Seriously, let me know if I can help at all mate.

Andy Z

PS Failing that, I can recommend Puerto Rico as a top destination. There's less racing, but a similar level of fun to be had.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 06:13:27 pm »

It's worth pointing out that Technoparc is hosting the annual Mini Minor Travel Rug and Thermos jamboree this year. I believe the Sc*nthorpe branch are going to be particularly well represented, and will going about their usual energetic business of recruiting new members.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 06:17:30 pm »

I like the way the swearing filter modifies the c**t in Scunthorpe  Grin

H, does that mean I need to bring along my trainspotters anorak, satchel and notebook to write down all the registrations of the Moggies  Undecided

Steve East Anglian cobras

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 06:40:55 pm »

H, does that mean I need to bring along my trainspotters anorak,

Oh yes, and don't forget your rubber overshoes and pak-a-mak.
If Matt's really lucky, the Morgan owners club will also be pitching canvas tents and having a good old sing-song and thigh slapping time.
Actually, if they do, I'll give him a nicely cut safe edged flat file with which he can file off the slots in the exposed slot head screws holding the bodywork of their cars together. Then we can get onto the real business of eating babies and discussing Val Singletons sexuality.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 06:56:49 pm »

Oooooh.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 10:46:57 pm »

Oooooh.

That picture brings back memories. Blue Peters favourite Bean Flicker.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 11:09:03 pm »

Technopark is a freaking long way away. You'd be better off with the BSJ option out of the two sites in my humble opinion.

Surely Beausejour is infinitely more of a death march from anywhere than Technopark?  Unless the road to the village is downhill both ways.

We ran into this issue last year only to get Houx tickets changed in May.  For Matt and I, the bogs, showers issue isn't as grave with our campingcar, but for our less comfort driven comrades, it could be a bit grim.

I drove past the circuit last week and will be heading back in that direction on Thursday.  I entertained ploughing my rental Laguna Break through the wall of the ticket office as a way of expressing our disappointment that having year plus reservations is basically a total waste of time as it appears that tickets are randomly stuffed in envelopes by chimps and fired off to unsuspecting souls around the world.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 03:09:51 am »

Matt, can I recall you making mildly disparaging remarks here in the past about people who fail to get there sh it into gear with the ACO?? Schadenfreud is a terrible thing.

Hi Andy
Delighted that you are back and pleased you had a good time in PR.
I don't recall gloating about people who don't get their sheot together - moreover those who seemed to panic and fret about when their Godforsaken tickets might show-up. I bow to your scholastic superiority - I dunno who/what Schadenfreud is. Pray explain....
Like Dave said, having made use of the extensive information available elsewhere in this site (Campsite Maps, in particular), we are lead to believe that Technoparc is a good deal closer to the Village than Beausejour. Please advise me if this is not the case (and amend the f**k*ng map).
I'm grateful for helpful comments about our dilema and kind offers to find more suitable accommodations. Our party numbers 12 souls this year and leaving cars/bikes in car parking areas and lugging tents, barby's, Gazebo's and a substantial amount of Nigerian Lager across the French countryside could prove tiresome at best.
I'm not particularly downhearted - Dave and I plan to spend the weekend in the relative luxury of a motorhome and our coolers roll, so it's not critical where we end up. It would be a trifle rude to abandon ship on our drinking buddies (particularly as they are bringing the beer).
It just seems a bit stupid that we have been encamped on Houx for the last 10-12 years and pre-booked (against my principles, I might add) in March 2003 - and end up with camping passes for Beausejour - like there was no method applied at all. f**k*ng ACO jerk-offs.
The more I think about this, I couldn't really give a rats ass where we find ourselves - the neighbors are invariably good company and the exercise will do me good.
Dave and I plan to be at the Champagne bar on Saturday night, 9.00pm sharp - we look forward to seeing you all then.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 02:17:34 pm »

Have you thought of getting a push bike or a scooter for the trek around the circuit ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 02:43:54 pm »

How does one transport booze on a push bike or scooter?Huh
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master