Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:29:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tetre Rouge  (Read 4530 times)
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2004, 10:59:53 am »

Thinking maybe of watching the end of the race from Tetre Rouge this year.  Anyone know what it is like to get away from there after the end of the race.  We've got 100 miles to go on Sunday afternoon, and need to be away sharpish.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
M1lky24
CA Veteran

Armadillo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 12:17:58 pm »

We did the same thing last year. If your lucky you can park up the side of tetre have a beer and leave straight away without queing.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 02:37:50 pm »

Thinking maybe of watching the end of the race from Tetre Rouge this year.  Anyone know what it is like to get away from there after the end of the race.  We've got 100 miles to go on Sunday afternoon, and need to be away sharpish.

Not too bad from there Gibb. We have been in the Parking Vert overflow car park (more or less opposite the bar) a couple of times and even though we were not out until about 5:30pm it was quite quick. About 15 mins. queuing up the Chemin aux Boeufs and that was it. Of course if you leave earlier then probably even less time queuing - assuming you can get parking close by.

Top tip - when getting to the end of the Chemin aux Boeufs do not follow the police directing all traffic right, which they tend to do. Take a left and go back towards the city. No traffic at all in our experience.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 02:46:36 pm »

Thanks lads, really useful   Grin

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 04:20:38 pm »

We watched the end of the race at Tetre Rouge in 2000. It was blazing hot that year and the shade from the trees on the outside of the track, approaching the right hander was wonderful. It was a novelty not to have to stare at the back of some arsehole's umbrella, as is usually the case on the pit straight.
Not so sure about a quick escape, as we had to trudge back to Houx afterwards, but worth it just for the change of scenery.
Got your e-mail Gibb, which I've forwarded to my colleagues in England. I'll keep you posted.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 05:39:08 pm »

Got your e-mail Gibb, which I've forwarded to my colleagues in England. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Matt

dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 04:32:45 pm »

As the Bedford CF Challengers camp in Tetre Rouge, we have watched the finish from there for several years. Like Matt says, the trees give wonderful shade when its hot, and its frightfully civilised, old mancompared with the crush opposite the pits (tho' that experience just can't be beaten!).  We are normally out of the circuit by 5pm,  well on the way to Le Havre by 6, and with 500 cars behind us by 7pm !

The older I get, the faster I was.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: