Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 10:28:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About time I said Hi  (Read 6415 times)
Ferrari Spider
« on: March 18, 2004, 10:34:11 pm »

This is a late Hi.  Attended my first Le Mans last year and what experience it was.  Made a lot easier by the amount of very helpful information on this forum.  Now planning this years, including the PQ weekend.  Decided sleeping in a field by the car is okay for a few nights but anything longer needs a campervan.  Hope to bump into a few of you, possibly the shampoo bar.

Did anybody see the french guy last year with the bomber jacket and flesh coloured pants with a very large hampton in the shampoo tent last year?

Good to be involved
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 10:26:10 pm »

This is a late Hi.  Attended my first Le Mans last year and what experience it was.  Made a lot easier by the amount of very helpful information on this forum.  Now planning this years, including the PQ weekend.  Decided sleeping in a field by the car is okay for a few nights but anything longer needs a campervan.  Hope to bump into a few of you, possibly the shampoo bar.

Did anybody see the french guy last year with the bomber jacket and flesh coloured pants with a very large hampton in the shampoo tent last year?

Good to be involved

Spider , were you camped in Beausejour ?

Oh and Hi

Take life by the horns and live it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 11:34:00 pm »

Robbo, not last year, we were "parked" in vert!  There was about 40 of us down for a long weekend with support campervans.  One of our number could not bring his Testarossa because of an engine glitch.  a chum lent him a 406 Diesel,  it just needed one tank fill for the whole weekend.

Good to here from you
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 11:44:21 pm »

Robbo, not last year, we were "parked" in vert!  There was about 40 of us down for a long weekend with support campervans.  One of our number could not bring his Testarossa because of an engine glitch.  a chum lent him a 406 Diesel,  it just needed one tank fill for the whole weekend.

Good to here from you

We had a small group of prancing horses next to us, top blokes , lovely motors , they didnt mind grass tracking them either..

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 06:23:20 pm »

Roll Eyes good to know the car representatives gave a good account of themselves, did they treat to a few beers? Grin

The area group I'm associated with meet near where you live, if you ever fancy coming along let me know.  Are you going to the PQ's?
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 06:39:00 pm »

Roll Eyes good to know the car representatives gave a good account of themselves, did they treat to a few beers? Grin

The area group I'm associated with meet near where you live, if you ever fancy coming along let me know.  Are you going to the PQ's?

Tempted but if i do , i will be racing down on my little Honda.

RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 07:31:52 pm »

Kiss Kiss
Hi Mr Spider

Further to you mentioning that you were making plans for PQ I thought I might boldly suggest that you and all the other Spiders and friends (especially Mr Testarossa, trusting he has fixed the glitch!) would be most welcome to break up your trip and have a 'sleep over' with me and Mr RS2.

Nothing weird (honest) and all the cars would be under cover!

We live on an old farm near to St Malo so if you fancied a detour (depending on which port you are coming into and leaving from) either on the way down or back you would be most welcome.

As we are only about 1.5-2 hrs away from the circuit Mr RS2 has declared that we are only going down for the day on Sunday so....

The thought of all those Ferrari's in my courtyard Tongue Tongue Tongue

Let me know Kiss

RS2 Babe
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 08:48:31 pm »

Hi RS2 Babe

Greetings from all things spider.  What can we say to such an offer.  The good news is Mr testarossa's gitch is most certainley healed, he came out to play at Castle Combe the other week.

Not totally sure how many playmates are attending the PQ's, how many could you accomodate, shelter is not necessary.

For the Race there will be at least 80 attending in one package, would this be too many?

Just to wet your appetite this is the Spider out at Brands Hatch enjoying the sunshine.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 03:11:35 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: