Club Arnage
June 29, 2024, 09:05:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champoo Bar Drinks Saturday Night  (Read 35548 times)
Felix
CA Veteran

I'm a fryer!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 05:35:27 pm »

Mind, I can see problems with lard condensation up in the shorts department whilst frying is going on down below.

Hmmm?  Good point.  Looks like I'll have to modify the extraction system - alternatively, I could tarmac the roof and issue everyone with rubber pants.

I'm sure the environmental health people will be pleased with my attempts to improve my customers health and safety.  I need to do a bit of brown nosing to get back in their good books - buts thats another story - as the court case isn't settled yet, I can't disclose further details.

I got a good deal on some BIG Irish Sea cod from Sellafield though.

Get 'em while they're hot.......they're lurvly
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2004, 06:12:37 pm »

I can see a pre Shampoo bar meet here....
Bud Tent Saturday night of The Main Event

Steve TTTD

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2004, 06:20:20 pm »

Excellent - I need some practise.

Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2004, 10:30:46 pm »

Mg Mark -

Look out for us - you will see the car - its an MGF Trophy 160 - theres not many of em so the chances are it will be the only one in the site (its blue)

if the 18 yr olds are female, my tent sleeps four - if they are male - then im sure we can find a use for them (i particuarly hate doing the washing Up at Le-Mans!)

Will do - look out for the British Racing Green MGA coupe - 18 yr olds are both male, abhor washing up but have just about  got back to the stage of communicating in english....

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2004, 07:59:29 am »

Ah, Spring is here, booking confirmations are in hand and preparations are apace for the annual pilgrimmage. Talk of the champagne bar gathering always gets the old juices flowing. I remember one particular gathering not so long ago when the "de rigeur" attire was an Arab headdress. Probably not such a good idea these days!

Suppose that the best plan is crew t shirts this year?

Anyway, Les Tres Hombres (7 of us including two lovely layyyydieeeessss) will be at the Champers bar at 9pm Sat night. If we haven't bumped into you on the Thursday / Friday on Maison Blanche or opposite the pits on Saturday for the race we look forward to seeing you all there.
Best wishes folks

Lord Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2004, 08:03:36 am »

My Lord, look forward to meeting up with you in June, will you be living next door to us again this year and is your ass now healed from the flare burns that you received last year.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2004, 07:24:54 pm »

One of these years I'll get down to Shampoo bar.  Never made it so far.  Arnage usually calls!
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2004, 08:52:39 pm »

Brian
Can't say if we'll be pitched near you. I presume you're on MB but on the main site. We usually end up on the annexe which is handy for the impromptu drag racing on the adjacent B road on mad friday. Look out for the blue Tres Hombres flag with white lettering (we're usually near the concrete wall) and pop in for a cup of tea. Alternatively, come prepared to meet a load of sozzled blokes and bring a paper plate for a share of the barbie Friday night.

See you there

Lord Steve

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2004, 09:42:58 pm »

Your Lordship!!!!!!

Good to have you back Sir!! Trust the catering arrangements are still in place that we discussed over a plate of Epworth's finest those few months back??

Talking of your beloved hometown, you just wouldn't believe where I was on Wednesday?? OK, you would...........

Well I parked right outside aforementioned bhaji emporium!! Was a "smash and grab" raid during the day. I was on a mission to Ward Cycles just down the road to pick up my new cyclo-cross frame, alas time did not allow for a meet so I didn't bother phoning to announce my arrival. But I did think of you lots sweetie!

Looking forward to our usual beer or ten on MB. Not arriving until Friday lunchtime (missing qually for the first time since 1989!  Cry ) but on the upside, will be joining your good selves on the beer side of the fence for pre-race proceedings if you don't mind! It's my 40th on the Sunday if you remember and with two "virgins" in tow, will be showing them the sights, including a deffo visit to the Champers doo-daa on Saturday eve!!!

Toodle pip your Lordiness .. counting the days!!  Grin
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2004, 09:53:47 pm »

I remember one particular gathering not so long ago when the "de rigeur" attire was an Arab headdress. Probably not such a good idea these days!

Does anyone remember this year?? I think it is '93

[attachment deleted by admin]

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2004, 09:54:58 pm »

And another one

[attachment deleted by admin]

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2004, 04:17:06 pm »

What Year? You mean, narrow it down? Jeez, all I can say with any certainty is that it wasn't yesterday.
I remember finding myself in the village about what must have been a few hours after the above photos. The Elvis's had definitely peaked, and there were several lying in the gutter, and a couple slumped against a wall. All were unconscious. It was a bizarre sight without a doubt, especially as my own senses were somewhat away with the fairies. Perhaps there had been an air disaster and all the passengers had been Elvis? Maybe there had been a seance in the village, and many Elvis's had been brought back from the dead? Or even a dirty glass and a dodgy sausage at Tetre Rouge.
A great effort, probably the best I've seen.
Fifteen of us dressed up as surgeons one year, and managed to perform check ups and mouth to mouth on many passers by. Well, self examination isn't the answer to everything, after all. Couldn't find a willing liver donor anywhere though. Which is probably just as well.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2004, 01:56:35 pm »

I'm pretty certain this was 94, certainly my own personal Elvis had left the building that year. If anyone has the back issues of the relevant  post-LM Autosport, on the back page there's a Drinkers review of the race and a photo or two of the Elvis's (Elvii?). I think the strap line said something about the French being bemused by the Brits.

Don't know why I remember it, I just do.

PS I can do a great Elvis impersonation; I lie on my back in a wooden box with my top lip curled.  Huh-huh-huh-sing-ya-song baby Tongue

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
saveloy
CA Veteran

Quality remains, Time passes

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2004, 04:02:22 pm »

I can see the shaky stevens fan club in the pics, very good, H we have 2 Lords on CA now. lords steve and bloom. WHAT ABOUT THE COMMON MAN!!!!,  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy what about him, will their majestys be supplying Champers for the serfs? I think a  vote on that  would be popular
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2004, 08:14:33 am »

Hear ye, hear ye!
Let all those having business with the grand court of Club Arnage and Les Tres Hombres D'arlo pay heed to my words.
For 'tis written henceforth and forthwith that the one known as Saveloy has made representations to the upper chamber of Maison Blanche.
From this day on it is decreed that he, and he alone, shall be known as The Duke of Saveloy and shall be worthy of all the priveledges associated with that title.
Mere serfs will lower their heads in his presence and traders will bestow upon him gifts of fine fare and stubbies of French lager.
Furthermore, The Duke of Saveloy shall mount his trusty charger and go forth, leading men into battle to defeat the forces of evil, sobriety and moderation.

I call to thee, good men and true, to stand by the noble Duke and to rally to the cause at the shampoo bar on't Saturday night.

Good luck in thy cause noble Duke.

Hurrah!!!!!

Lord Steve d'es Tres Hombres D'arlo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: