Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 01:03:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Pass Wanted  (Read 10279 times)
Alfie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2004, 10:57:24 am »

Does anybody have any houx or MB camping passes - I only need one and will pay handsomely. Cheers!
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 11:20:06 am »

You mean you will pay face value and beer Tongue

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Alfie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 02:07:56 pm »

How many gallons?
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 02:53:53 pm »

Presumably one little squat bottle as tickets sold through this site are suppossed to be at face value
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 03:01:47 pm »

I think you'll find that is what I am hinting at, anything should be sold at face value Grin Grin

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 04:31:02 pm »

Well, it's a quiet day on the forum, so here goes...

I'm not really sure that I understand all this 'tickets only at face value' malarkey.
Now, if one of the forum regulars or my old chums are short of a ticket or two, and I've got a ticket or two spare, then yes, face value is only right and proper and I'll be first in and glad to oblige. Besides I'd probably be risking a biff on the old beezer or whiskey rights withdrawn if I asked for more. Mates are mates after all.
But if a newbie arrives on the forum looking for tickets (usually because he couldn't be arsed to order them in the first place), what's wrong in arriving at a mutually agreeable price? Let's face it lads, if you order tickets every year you know how much work goes into making sure you get them: e mails, faxes, letters, interest on credit cards and so on.
I think what will happen is that hardly anyone will be selling or swapping tickets here, why  take 50 quid for a camping ticket when people are queuing up to buy them for a hundred or more elsewhere. I'm not talking about cornering the market or buying in bulk, that sort of thievery seems to be reserved for the agencies, but if both parties go away happy as Larry, then what's the problem?
Maybe we should have an auction section...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 05:16:36 pm »

Hmmm, interesting comments H, and I have to say, ones that I can sympathise with.

Having had a quick look at the forum stats http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=;action=stats, at the bottom, new members do seem to be consistently between 6 and a dozen per month.
Looking at those new members http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=;action=mlall;start=540 and http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=;action=mlall;start=570, a good deal of those posts (between 1 and 5ish) do seem to be along the lines of "Desparate request, the ACO have no camping tickets / grandstands / sense of humour / compassion for their fellow man etc".

Thus, it's fair to say, the majority of newbie posts between October and May are along these lines.
Do these people leave it to the last minute every year (if they go to LM every year) and hence these posts?

Furthermore, is it fair to say the ACO are unhelpfull to their pleas for tickets, or do they not realise it's prudent to book WAY in advance?

My group book a whole wad of tickets direct from the ACO (this year 10 camping, 20 admission, 8 grandstand) and we appreciate the need to book early.

So do the ACO respond more favourably to those who are punctual and book a greater quantity of tickets?  After all, it must be easier for the ticket ladies to deal with 500 people wanting 10 tickets each than 5000 people wanting 1 ticket.

So, do the newbies request 1 or 2 tickets 12 months in advance, only to be let down at the eleventh hour - and should they hence have to sniff around the auction sites and scalpers?

Therefore, if the aforementioned should think "sh*t, it's March, I need a LM ticket", it's only reasonable to expect them to pay a premium.
But, if they requested tickets 12 months before and the ACO shafted them, then that's a bit of a b'stard.

In summing up (your honour), I think I've posed a whole load more questions here than giving an opinion.  If I was asked to come down off the fence, I would say "If you've left it this late, you have to pay" but hopefully people will learn a valuable lesson for 2005.

Steve East Anglian cobras

IanB
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 06:33:34 pm »

As I have said earlier in another post I (on behalf of the Liverpool boys ) sold last year Grandstand tickets at face value to a newbie who posted just once ,then was not sat in the seats I had sold.Does leave a BAD taste
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 06:37:24 pm »

Wotcher Ian,
Yes, I've had the same experience a couple of times. In each case the fan in the seat was more than chuffed that he'd got a ticket and had been happy to pay 3X the face value.
Who's the mug?
H
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 06:38:51 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
IanB
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 06:40:34 pm »

H,
   The Mug appears to be 'onest John on MB'

PS. just bought an OS sheet of Kendal .Pricey.. You get paid to much!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 06:46:46 pm »

Maybe this forum should stop offering tickets for sale.

There must be plenty of lurkers waiting for tickets for sale, like those from the Twats currently posted, who then buy them at face value, plonk them on an auction site and make a mint.

So much for charity  Cry

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 08:47:06 pm »

Smokie helped me out with tickets this year. I was offered BSJ by the ACO, even though I'd put in my request the week before the race last year.

Last year I got some tickets and three grandstand seats from Rex on this forum, at face value!!  Not only that, but he must be the most trusting person in the world as he sent them to me in advance, and then arranged to meet me at Le Mans for me to pay him in Euros (his spending money for his extended trip!)

And yes.....we did sit next to him in the Grandstand!!  Smiley

IanB
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 09:15:22 pm »

glad to see a good news story on this topic
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 09:44:33 pm »

I have always booked my tickets a year in advance but never recieved what i ordered.

this year i got my reserve choise of MB, but ordered 2 camping and 2 parking tickets for Blue.
I then needed smokie's help to get the other 2 cars into MB.

The issue has to be one decided by each individual. If they want to sell here, why not. Its a Le Mans site for Le Mans fanatics.

Some of my group look at the postings , but never have logged on, they leave me to babble on about nothing and anything. they would then appear as Newbies should i not be going one year.

The people who sell for profit on E bay are maybe not true to the Le mans experience and find other activities like F1 more to their liking ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 09:48:25 pm »

Sold a spare camping ticket and granstand ticket last year on the site, met the guy as he was sitting next to me. He was very happy and was a LM regular who needed extra tickets due to size of party increasing, at the last moment.
Being a cynical bastard I was expecting the person next to me to say he had got the tickets from a scalper, and I'd been taken for a mug.
In the end I was pleased to have helped out a LM addict, just as I was helped out by someone else in similar circumstances the year before.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: