Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 06:20:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers Parade...  (Read 4692 times)
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2004, 05:05:44 pm »

One of the best parts of the annual pilgimage is The Drivers Parade... However, the journey back to MB is always a real bloody nightmare...

Recent experiences include laying in the road in front of cab to get her (female driver) to stop... The good people of the TVR owners club taking pity on me giving me a lift ... and last year memorably befriending some bloke in a bar who offered to give us a lift back to MB... and having one of those childhood recall moments en route back to MB... remember when  mum used warn you about never getting into a car with strangers... All was well that ended well...... he didn't fancy us... Grin

Any bright idea's ?  The buses stop running on just about their busiest day of the year... wierd...  Gilles, any bright idea's ? Huh

Or is a case of hope for the best with the risk of the The Long Walk...
 Cry

The Dark Warrior

DW
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 05:53:08 pm »

A bright idea ?

Come to eat with us, we always arrange a lift back to MB after dinner and a few beer.

Last year I had 5 Wancs in my car...
... and we were a total of 6 people  Wink

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
JonFATBOYwarner
CA Veteran

I'm not fat just big boned.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 06:12:40 pm »

Gilles, what you do in your car is up to you but I wouldn't advertise wancing?

For those of hard hearing.  LISTEN
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 07:15:03 pm »

If anyones struggling for a lift after the parade finishes then I have a mini bus which will be going back to just opposite MB after the parade. There are 7 of us in it but we know from past experience that we can get 10 people, camping gear, food and 36 cases of Kronenberg in it ! Not much suspension travel left though. We usually park at the back of the Cathedral at the top of the steps. Just look for a mini bus from the Blackpool area.
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 09:27:16 pm »

or of course you take your moped down for snaking through the traffic, riding on the pavements, over the tops of parked cars - just like any other scooter owner in France really (Gilles -you know its true).

Aha so there MrsRS2 - vilification for use of traffic beating transport and more than good reason for taking the scoot down...............

AND there's a Le Mans 24 hour 50cc race in October or something so i'm definitely on to a winner....
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 10:10:38 pm »

or of course you take your moped down for snaking through the traffic, riding on the pavements, over the tops of parked cars - just like any other scooter owner in France really (Gilles -you know its true).

Aha so there MrsRS2 - vilification for use of traffic beating transport and more than good reason for taking the scoot down...............

AND there's a Le Mans 24 hour 50cc race in October or something so i'm definitely on to a winner....

Took my motor bike a few years back, MG girls and all that. It was ace, parked it behind the seating area for the VIP's, on the pavement.  Grin

Take life by the horns and live it.
Tim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 12:54:08 am »

bike it or walk no big deal, try the bar at the top of the hill.
we drank pecan with beer deadly, it was hands and knees bike on back after that. well bollocksed
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 08:56:16 am »

How far back to MB is it?? is it a real long walk. How about all getting together and putting a coach on or sommat??

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 09:47:03 am »

I agree with your vision of FRENCH scooter drivers. When you drive a car you really fear them.

BTW you'll need to have your scooter to come back to MB later this year and come before to have a dinner with us  Wink

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 01:33:32 pm »

We normally have our bus ferry us about, but as it was absent last year, one brave lad went and pulled a young french lady with a car, who ended up ferrying us back in 3 trips.
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 07:15:50 pm »

I agree with your vision of FRENCH scooter drivers. When you drive a car you really fear them.

BTW you'll need to have your scooter to come back to MB later this year and come before to have a dinner with us  Wink

Gilles

Sounds good to us.....we'll either sort it out in June at the famous Shampoo Bar rendez-vous or, I suspect, there will be a meeting up of sorts at PQ and we'll discuss then.

cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: